ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-04-2014, 01:56 PM   #1
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

BREMBO brake calipers from a 996 Porsche, look nice!

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 800.00

Item Interest
Hi,

I purchased these Brembo calipers about a month ago from a forum member to do a custom brake job on my car (I love that BBK look). You can use these calipers on your stock Z4M rotors with the appropriate hardware from Rally Road. Please go to the below thread for all the information you need for the conversion (thanks Gt4!):

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1034606

Anyway, the calipers looked really nasty when I got them, with the dust boots torn up and the caliper paint looking dreadful. I took quite a bit of time (since I'm on a really tight budget, more on that later) to strip the calipers, clean them, apply 4 coats of high temp red paint, 3 coats of clear, Brembo stickers, and finally brand new Brembo dust boots and seals. These calipers are ready to be used with the RR setup, the front calipers just need to be machined and the cost is around $75 for that. Also, please note the pictures don't show it, but I have all the hardware for the calipers (pins,etc.)

Please note, I'm no Leonardo so don't expect a show finish paint job on these things if you decide to buy them. I have no doubt a discerning eye would want to maybe powdercoat them before installation, but they honestly don't look too bad. I'd have no problem putting them on my car right now as is, but please understand this is a RATTLE CAN paint job, so don't expect a $400-500 finish like you would by sending them to a powdercoater. If I had the money to do that, I would have.

My only reason for selling is due to finances. To get the kit together and everything, it's going to cost about another $900 (brackets, lines, machining, and pads). I just purchased my car a couple months ago, and the dealer put brand new rotors and pads on my car at the time. I think it's kind of ridiculous now to spend all this money just to have some red calipers behind the wheels, considering money isn't that great right now and I have brand new equipment on my car regardless. Due to my love of the BBK look, I kind of jumped into this with my heart and not my head!!

I'd like to just get back what I have in the calipers, minus the hours upon hours I spent cleaning them up. I'd like to get $800 SHIPPED for them. If you look on Ebay, you will see this price is competitive with worn out, dirty calipers that don't have the new dustboots and seals on them (which run about $200 by themselves). If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks so much!!

Last edited by NickyC; 10-04-2014 at 02:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 10:28 PM   #2
Blakkflame
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4M - E91 MSport

.....mmmmh: real pics ??
      10-04-2014, 11:36 PM   #3
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkflame View Post
.....mmmmh: real pics ??
What?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 12:47 AM   #4
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

Wondering the calipers can be restripped and powdercoated with a new color.

Would thay require new boots/seals etc etc.?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 11:14 AM   #5
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtxzptlk View Post
Wondering the calipers can be restripped and powdercoated with a new color.

Would thay require new boots/seals etc etc.?
Hi there, thanks for your interest. Absolutely they can be restripped and powdercoated with any color you'd like. My last car before my Z4M was a 135i, and I had the stock calipers sent off to be powdercoated. The guy stripped the paint off no problem, and they were painted a nice yellow color. As well, he reused the same boots/seals and all was well. The boots/seals are brand new on these calipers, so they could easily be used again.

Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 04:57 PM   #6
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Hi again. I've replied to all PMs regarding these calipers. To answer more questions ahead of time hopefully, these are four piston calipers front and rear, and they can be used with your STOCK Z4M rotors. As well, people have asked me how big these are compared to the stock calipers (especially the rears). I've done my best here to try to get you a comparison. The first picture is of the front calipers, and the second picture is of the rear calipers. As you can tell, they are pretty huge compared to the stockers and look just like a high $$$ BBK.

Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks!!

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 10:58 AM   #7
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

SOLD, thank you.
Appreciate 0