ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-18-2008, 02:31 PM   #23
Black///Mamba
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a beast

got to agree with most of you. i was between this car and a 335i when i was shopping. I was absolutely in love with this car, but it was slightly out of my price range. Low and behold i found an amazing deal on an '07. this car is truly special. it really is a pleasure to drive. i honestly do plan on keeping it til it can't drive anymore.
      11-18-2008, 02:58 PM   #24
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Only regret is I don't have the money to do all the mods I want, and that I don't drive it nearly enough.

Add me to the list that plans to keep this car till it's crumbling into dust.
      11-18-2008, 05:04 PM   #25
gokartmozart
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 M Coupe, & 2003 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4Kevo View Post
i fell in love with the base z4 when it first came out...then in 2006 when the ///M version was releashed...and then the coupe...holy crap! I had to have one.

something about the sharp lines and prowling stance that got me hooked. flowing yet angular shape, long bonnet and rearward cockpit...looks like it's back on its haunches and about to pounce. and it drives better than it looks. gotta love it.
A homerun description from another Texan! Couldn't have said it better myself. Mine is a keeper!

2005 530i (wife's DD)
2003 Z4 3.0 6sp (college son's hand-me-down)
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 06:25 PM   #26
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF4Rrider View Post
No regrets whatsoever. Best car I've ever owned. Just need a sister E46 M3 for a daily driver and I'm set. One S54 is not enough!
Way ahead of you. Before I bought mine, I set up an e-mail address with my ISP - "twoS54s@etc..." Last year I had a 3-series sedan and Z4 roadster; I'd like the M Coupe and a M3 cab (also Sapphire Black).
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 06:42 PM   #27
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
Way ahead of you. Before I bought mine, I set up an e-mail address with my ISP - "twoS54s@etc..." Last year I had a 3-series sedan and Z4 roadster; I'd like the M Coupe and a M3 cab (also Sapphire Black).
Awww...that's awesome. I think one is plenty for me, I thought about getting the wife a matching E46 M3 SMG, but she wants something big, so we're gonna go for a RRS.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 09:07 PM   #28
Todd 80302
Rep
Drives: 01 Audi S8, 02 VW EV wkender

Great feedback fellas. Again thanks.. Love the exclusivity of the car...Only seen 2 other examples in the Denver/Boulder area. Altitude here can be a drain on power as my S8 seems lifeless at times. So I wonder if I will want to move on to something more powerful form a butt dyno perspective? Not an expert driver by any means and have a lot to learn on the track but there is something to be said about seat of the pants fun and torque pushing you back into your seat.

Glad to hear 997's have/are being considered. Been tempted by the iconic shape. But they are an entirely different beast and again not as exclusive.

....Prices are down and this indeed may be the time to buy though.

Decisions decisions

Todd
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 09:08 PM   #29
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

I had a 335i sedan on lease with 8 months to go, the last of the M coupes were on coming into the dealership, so I swapped lease and swapped up the last M coupe the dealership got. I was very close to not doing it, but I had always been curious of the M Coupe and I did it.

Best car I have ever owned - and it was surprising. I feel a sense of passion about this vehicle that I have never felt before.

At the end of my 24 month lease, I'll buy it. I will never get rid of this car. Such a pure, raw, sexy, sport car machine.

Will
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 11:12 PM   #30
jamboMR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MR sold *sniff sniff*

I was deciding between E46 M3, Boxster S, SL500, C6 at the time, just happened to find a M Roadster for sale in my state in top notch condition. I fell in love instantly!

I've been tempted by other cars since then, vettes, 996s, etc, but every time I get back into the M it's like falling in love all over again and I feel bad for cheating on it I also love the uniqueness of the engine note - has its own little thing going on that I can't manage to get tired of.

The best thing for me about the Z4M is that it manages to feel exciting at even 30MPH. I was winding through some really narrow rainforest roads one day thinking I was Fangio, til my rear view mirror filled up with 1984 Volvo 240 and I realized how slow I was actually going. It just thrills you any time, at any speed, and that is worth so much more to me than something that is twice as quick!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 12:09 AM   #31
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd 80302 View Post
Great feedback fellas. Again thanks.. Love the exclusivity of the car...Only seen 2 other examples in the Denver/Boulder area. Altitude here can be a drain on power as my S8 seems lifeless at times. So I wonder if I will want to move on to something more powerful form a butt dyno perspective? Not an expert driver by any means and have a lot to learn on the track but there is something to be said about seat of the pants fun and torque pushing you back into your seat.

Glad to hear 997's have/are being considered. Been tempted by the iconic shape. But they are an entirely different beast and again not as exclusive.

....Prices are down and this indeed may be the time to buy though.

Decisions decisions

Todd
If the altitude is an issue, F/I vehicles don't suffer from that malady As much as I love the Z4MC, if I were in high altitude, the 355i coupe would be my first choice, my 335i never suffered in high altitude, it's just not a trackable car without cooling modifications.
      11-19-2008, 12:35 AM   #32
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupé & '16 435xi GCoupé

I've been tempted with the GT-R many times over, but in the end I don't think you can get the whole package experience that you can with the MC. I'm glad I jumped when I did and have NO regrets.

I love my Emma.

Sadly, I doubt I will find another car as sexy and capable as my MC.
      11-19-2008, 07:10 AM   #33
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4, 2022 X6

All of you that keep replying that you will drive your baby until she crumbles to dust... do you drive your M Coupe as a "daily driver"? How many miles you guys got on these things?

I just got my M Coupe, has about 2k miles to date, and it is my daily driver, and I'm just wondering how many of you actually drive this thing every single day, and still have no regrets.

I came from an E46 M3, and I do miss some of the practicality that car has that the M Coupe doesn't, but I am dealing, and loving the Coupe.
      11-19-2008, 07:24 AM   #34
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
All of you that keep replying that you will drive your baby until she crumbles to dust... do you drive your M Coupe as a "daily driver"? How many miles you guys got on these things?

I just got my M Coupe, has about 2k miles to date, and it is my daily driver, and I'm just wondering how many of you actually drive this thing every single day, and still have no regrets.

I came from an E46 M3, and I do miss some of the practicality that car has that the M Coupe doesn't, but I am dealing, and loving the Coupe.
Mine was my daily driver before I moved into the city. It will be again when I leave in February. If you have smooth roads it's a perfect DD, if not, than it can be pretty harsh...

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 07:28 AM   #35
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4, 2022 X6

What are the roads like in Los Angeles?

I am about to move there, and from what I hear people who live there drive a lot.

I would assume the roads are smooth because of their lack of weather??
      11-19-2008, 08:04 AM   #36
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
What are the roads like in Los Angeles?

I am about to move there, and from what I hear people who live there drive a lot.

I would assume the roads are smooth because of their lack of weather??
The State of California is broke, so don't assume weather and the roads have anything to do with each other. El Lay will have just as shitty roads as the Bay Area. The highways have the usual mix of cement and pavement. Pretty embarrassing for Cali.

Last edited by thekurgan; 11-19-2008 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: bad speller this AM
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 08:31 AM   #37
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Mine's been my daiy driver since I purchased it last December, and I just passed the 10k mile point. This year, I'm thinking of getting a 2nd car to drive during the winter; I'd like it to last a while, and not driving it on salty Illinois roads every year will help with that.

This will sound crazy, but I'm also considering ordering replacement body panels for storage somewhere in case the car is damaged. With the small production volume, I think they'll be very hard to find in a few years. A few grand now could save me a lot of headaches down the line.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 09:50 AM   #38
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
I have a Civic as a daily driver, the M is my fun car.

I've had it 3 months, and put about 3k miles on it (1.2k of which was the drive home after buying it in Houston). I'll probably put about 8-10k on it a year, so don't see why I can't keep it for at least 10 years.
      11-19-2008, 09:54 AM   #39
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
Mine's been my daiy driver since I purchased it last December, and I just passed the 10k mile point. This year, I'm thinking of getting a 2nd car to drive during the winter; I'd like it to last a while, and not driving it on salty Illinois roads every year will help with that.

This will sound crazy, but I'm also considering ordering replacement body panels for storage somewhere in case the car is damaged. With the small production volume, I think they'll be very hard to find in a few years. A few grand now could save me a lot of headaches down the line.
That's actually a pretty good idea...

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 09:58 AM   #40
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Personally I think the 06~08 Z4 M is the only modern BMW that's worth hanging on to so that one day you have a super cool classic. It's the modern version of the E30 M3 in that sense. We know today sales were sluggish. So what if the buying public is ignorant or for some other reason didn't appreciate it. That's their problem. People will soon forget that sales dynamic and will want this car more and more as the years go by. Low sales means low availability and that means higher value. It's the last classic M car! I remember when the Ferrari 308 was introduced. It made the Dino instantly obsolete and worth little in comparison. Try finding a reasonably priced Dino today.
      11-19-2008, 10:38 AM   #41
xg3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Was 03 Z4, now 10 GTI

first it is completely retarded.. barely any storage space.. and secondly can only hold one passenger.

then of course, you turn the engine on, and drive.. and you kinda says.. yah.. who the hell cares, this shit is awesome!! RIDE ON!!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #42
03BeastCharmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '13 M3

No regrets, but then again, I only drive it on the weekends or in the evenings. It doesn't have to be practical for what I want from it, it just has to be fun.

The M5 is my DD
I know it's a tough life.

Current: '13 E92 M3 Euro Delivery
Gone: E86 M Coupe; E30 M3, E39 M5, E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 01:07 PM   #43
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd 80302 View Post
First...I have to admit to being a lurker on this board for quite sometime and want to hear opinions from those on the board who intensely deliberated on their purchase of a Z4M coupe. I like the limited production of the car and 'cult' appeal of the vehicle. I am in search of a vehicle that will bring smiles to my face 10 years into my ownership experience. ...And while I believe this will be possible in a z4M, I wanted to hear from those who currently own this vehicle.....or for that matter, those who have also owned z3m coupes as well.

Thanks in advance for your replies

Todd
yes, a big fucking regret. i regret not getting one
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 01:24 PM   #44
jamboMR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MR sold *sniff sniff*

Quote:
51,700 on an 06 M Roadster and it's not even a daily driver I work from home and a small office walking distance from my house so it's just used for errands during the week... but on the weekends..... I'm pretty new to america so every weekend I go road tripping, exploring, and hiking in some different place to the weekend before. And I don't intend to stop any time soon This car is a gem, never missed a beat, and I dont give a hoot how much she depreciates because of the miles, I enjoy every second of being in this car and exploring a foreign country, to me that is priceless!
Appreciate 0