ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
View Poll Results: How old are you?!
19- 19 8.76%
20 to 29 93 42.86%
30 to 39 50 23.04%
40 to 49 29 13.36%
50+ 26 11.98%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

11-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #111
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmasmp View Post
LOL. If I had this car when I was 16, I would have gone straight from the dealer to the hospital. And this is coming from someone who has never gotten a speeding ticket. At that age I was powersliding my beater SUV on dirt roads, and with an ///M, I would not been able to keep it under 100. Ever.

Just be safe and dont try and fly off any runways. Even though BMWs are very capable cars, they cannot fly no matter how much alcohol you have in your system.
Turning 18 and just picked up my second car the roadster two days ago. I think age isn't all that matters when it comes to being responsible. In fact almost all of my friends have very fast and exoctic cars. From 3 series to F430 spyder. out of all my friends with car adds up to like 20 or 30 only 1 or 2 had major accidents (still not life and death). Maybe its just the couture and education that changes the way people drives. Or maybe its because over here in Canada the only thing police can give u is speeding tickets.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2008, 02:44 PM   #112
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewarlover View Post
Turning 18 and just picked up my second car the roadster two days ago. I think age isn't all that matters when it comes to being responsible. In fact almost all of my friends have very fast and exoctic cars. From 3 series to F430 spyder. out of all my friends with car adds up to like 20 or 30 only 1 or 2 had major accidents (still not life and death). Maybe its just the couture and education that changes the way people drives. Or maybe its because over here in Canada the only thing police can give u is speeding tickets.
Well then stay away from me!!! Haha.

I don't agree with that because I know that I am edumacated and I still drive pretty fast and like powersliding around corners.

I'm with plasma, if I had this car, no matter the age, if I didn't have to pay for it personally with money I worked to earn, I would probably be wreckless and kill myself. Knowing how much I have to work to own a car like this makes me respect it and keep it within it's limits.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #113
rosierobins2003
Rosie.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Z4 2.8 Auto....

Garage List
2016 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmasmp View Post
LOL. If I had this car when I was 16, I would have gone straight from the dealer to the hospital. And this is coming from someone who has never gotten a speeding ticket. At that age I was powersliding my beater SUV on dirt roads, and with an ///M, I would not been able to keep it under 100. Ever.

Just be safe and dont try and fly off any runways. Even though BMWs are very capable cars, they cannot fly no matter how much alcohol you have in your system.

You've not gotten a speeding ticket? Sheesh, and I get teased about driving like a Grandma...I finally got my first ticket EVER a year ago for speeding at midnight in the Z. Do you drive like a Grandpa?

Rosie
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #114
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosierobins2003 View Post
You've not gotten a speeding ticket? Sheesh, and I get teased about driving like a Grandma...I finally got my first ticket EVER a year ago for speeding at midnight in the Z. Do you drive like a Grandpa?

Rosie
Just cuz he's never gotten a speeding ticket doesn't mean he drives like a grandpa...it means he's smart enough to not get caught or ticketed...haha

I've never gotten a ticket in the US (I have to caveat that cuz I got a ticket for 8 kph over in Switzerland from a camera), but I've been pulled over here a couple times, once if you exclude my first year of driving...

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 04:50 PM   #115
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi

got the car when i was 21 end of 03. So far so good, cars runnign great
      12-03-2008, 12:36 AM   #116
tom_48
BMW Novice
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Garage List
2007 M Coupe'  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
yeah i paid 6500 of my own money at a part time job. To me that is a lot of money, i am not trying to flaunt my parents money i know my parents have money but im not like that i don't talk about that and my friends know that. hope you didn't get te wrong impression. My parents also know that there is going to be controversy over the whol fact of a 16 with performance car but not every kid does that on the street. I used to motocross before i got my car, well where would you ride it? On the track! If i ever wanted to run my car i would go to a track.
I am totally the same way!!!
Many people think that teenage drivers are really stupid and irresponsible (some of them are), but I am not like that at all.
Don't get me wrong, though. I like to have fun, but only within limits
so @mpower03:
You're setting a good example for guys like us!!!

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 07:10 AM   #117
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

at least i got someone on my side.
      12-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #118
lazoh
BMW Freak!!
Rep
Drives: M Roadster

Was 33 when I got my MZ4, 34 now but I had a Z3 back 6 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2008, 03:42 AM   #119
marcus1701
up all night
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3.0si, alpine white, auto, nav

I'm 24 and still in College at SMC. I've been very blessed to have these really great cars. When I was in High School I didn't get my license till 18 and drove a 99 Ford Taurus till I was 20. I hated it...and begged my folks for a Honda or BMW. I remember all the kids in school who had cool cars in Burlingame.... S4, Cobras, and one kid had a 911. I wish I had those cars, and it was so cool that they had them, but it didn't matter much because when you're a kid, you're just happy to have wheels.. All of the cars I have now I really wanted. I worked full time as a sales guy for Audi so I could learn the business at 20. My parents got me these cars one at a time and I love them. I have been too lazy to sell them. They are all paid for except my Subaru and they are all in my name. I have established relationships with dealerships so I get good prices. Again...I love cars and even though my parents paid for a majority of them it isn't everything.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2008, 12:46 PM   #120
double0jimb0
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_48 View Post
I am totally the same way!!!
Many people think that teenage drivers are really stupid and irresponsible (some of them are), but I am not like that at all.
Don't get me wrong, though. I like to have fun, but only within limits
so @mpower03:
You're setting a good example for guys like us!!!
Tom, love the outlook, I had the same, but the truth is, unless you've been to the limit and passed and had to deal with the consequences, I would argue you don't know where the limit really is and what its ramifications really are. That is why teenage drivers demand the insurance premiums they do. They don't know the limit, they don't have the experience. Now if you had said you've been through several performance driving schools and only play with the limit at a track, I would believe you.

I was a stupid and irresponsible teenage driver not too long ago, and I can honestly say, I don't know a single person (guy or gal) that I grew up with that didn't do one stupid or irresponsible thing. Its not a knock against you or any other teenage drivers, its part of the learning process and everyone goes through it.

I'm now 24 (that's not really that much older), financing Z4MC with my paycheck, parents got me a beater in high school and putted around in a jetta in college. This car, besides my grad degree, is the first large thing I've ever been indebted for. I have a hard time relaxing while driving the car cause I am so damned worried about someone running into me or hurtin the car somehow. Its probably pretty irrational, but its the first thing I've owned that I truely freak out about its form and function, and I've gone through lots of shiney play-things. So, end of the story, atleast for me, you don't ever truely respect something until its your own hard-earned dime paying the way, and that combined with youth and inexpereince, gets dangerous.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #121
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by double0jimb0 View Post
Tom, love the outlook, I had the same, but the truth is, unless you've been to the limit and passed and had to deal with the consequences, I would argue you don't know where the limit really is and what its ramifications really are. That is why teenage drivers demand the insurance premiums they do. They don't know the limit, they don't have the experience. Now if you had said you've been through several performance driving schools and only play with the limit at a track, I would believe you.

I was a stupid and irresponsible teenage driver not too long ago, and I can honestly say, I don't know a single person (guy or gal) that I grew up with that didn't do one stupid or irresponsible thing. Its not a knock against you or any other teenage drivers, its part of the learning process and everyone goes through it.

I'm now 24 (that's not really that much older), financing Z4MC with my paycheck, parents got me a beater in high school and putted around in a jetta in college. This car, besides my grad degree, is the first large thing I've ever been indebted for. I have a hard time relaxing while driving the car cause I am so damned worried about someone running into me or hurtin the car somehow. Its probably pretty irrational, but its the first thing I've owned that I truely freak out about its form and function, and I've gone through lots of shiney play-things. So, end of the story, atleast for me, you don't ever truely respect something until its your own hard-earned dime paying the way, and that combined with youth and inexpereince, gets dangerous.
Wow double, you could be my twin! I'm 24 and I got my Zed right after I landed my job out of grad school. College was largest expense before my zed (but now I have a house too so it is no longer the biggest )
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 09:17 PM   #122
Samjam927
The One And Only
Rep
Drives: 2006 TiAg ///M Roadster

Garage List
2006 Z4M Roadster  [10.00]
2003 Z4  [5.00]
You know us "kids" need to stick together