ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
View Poll Results: How old are you?!
19- 19 8.76%
20 to 29 93 42.86%
30 to 39 50 23.04%
40 to 49 29 13.36%
50+ 26 11.98%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

03-18-2008, 09:36 PM   #89
561design
z4um Hooligan
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 3.0Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl4U View Post
Youre proud that you kill people for a living.

Wow, I don't agree with the politicans that got the troops over there. I don't agree with what's said about why they need to stay over there. But damn, I would never individually call out someone in the services like that. They're there to do their job and what's asked of them. If you don't like it complain about/to those politicians that sent them there. I'm sure those guys (troops) aren't exactly enthusiastic about being over there, away from their families and risking their lives in a foreign country.

I support the troops, I don't support the war/politicians.

You guys over there, come home safe.
      11-11-2008, 01:13 PM   #90
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

im turining 16 in 2.5 months!! can't wait!! I got the car in june due to the fact of finding a white m coupe in the area that was new. Of course i didn't buy the car, but i paid more than a tenth of it lol. I can't thank my parents enough for buying me this car.
      11-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #91
DyZ42003
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0

21, and i need to make payment by my self.....
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 09:19 PM   #92
The__J__Factor
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M Coupe

21 also
Z4 M Coupe - H&R - RE Diablo - RPi - Tekarbon - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 09:36 AM   #93
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Bought my E90 330i for myself as a 24th b-day present.
Two years and one month later, sold that and got my M Coupe as a 26th b-day present.
      11-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #94
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
im turining 16 in 2.5 months!! can't wait!! I got the car in june due to the fact of finding a white m coupe in the area that was new. Of course i didn't buy the car, but i paid more than a tenth of it lol. I can't thank my parents enough for buying me this car.
You're not even 16 and you paid over 5K for the car? I read your post wrong the first time, that would take a lot of conservation, good job if you actually worked for it I guess. Can't believe your rents were dumb enough to start you out in an M coupe though... looking back, I am glad I started out in a crappy car.

I think the poll should be what is your age and did you pay for it completely by yourself. Perhaps this is just me being bitter that kids flaunt their parents money (mine had none so I have a mortgage and student loans, etc.). And this is not directed at any one person... more towards the few 3 series owners I disagree with and all of the rich kids that went to highschool with me
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 01:19 PM   #95
Z4Kevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samjam927 View Post
Im 17, had the Z since 13, driving it since 16. Does this mean i win??
Nope. I am 3 months old...can't change my own diaper but I drive an ///M.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 03:47 PM   #96
jamboMR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MR sold *sniff sniff*

Just turned 30 yesterday and always bought cars for cash. My dad always taught me- If you can't afford it, don't buy it. I started with a complete pile of shit when I was 16 saved up every dollar working a horrible labor job (couple people per week would pass out on the job). Worked my way through WRXs, etc

I'm glad I owned my share of POS cars, taught me to drive on my limits and with unreliable cars that could fall apart any second, and did. It just makes me appreciate the M so much more What are you teenagers going to have to move up to for your second one to keep you interested in cars? Ferraris? LOL Good luck to you guys - make sure appreciate every second of your Z's!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 05:35 PM   #97
Z4Kevo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl07 View Post
Youre proud that you kill people for a living.

I usually sit quiet while idiots like you spout your nonsense. You are obviously a miserably unhappy person with nothing positive to live for. So do us all a favor...eat a bullet.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #98
karmasabish
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4Kevo View Post
I usually sit quiet while idiots like you spout your nonsense. You are obviously a miserably unhappy person with nothing positive to live for. So do us all a favor...eat a bullet.
eat a bullet? seriously? you're only proving her point when you say dumb things like that.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 05:45 PM   #99
karmasabish
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
your first car is an M Coupe? jesus for the love of god BE CAREFUL! i KNOW you're going to say "i'm responsible, won't do anything wrong, won't race" etc but seriously, we've all been your age at one point. I'm started out in a Nissan Sentra and i look back realizing i'm lucky to still be alive.

16 year old, 300+ HP and a short wheelbase? sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 06:00 PM   #100
Z4Kevo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmasabish View Post
eat a bullet? seriously? you're only proving her point when you say dumb things like that.
She didn't even attempt to make a point...she was simply being an ass...and enough is enough. We have ignored the cancer that people like her represent for way too long and honestly they need to be dealt with. I was suggesting that in her obvious misery she should go ahead and end it. Leave the rest of us happy positive people to populate the world.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 07:03 PM   #101
zeddy
Rep
Drives: M roadster

I was 28 when I got my z. I can't believe how cheap they are in the US

In Australia, a new Z (non M) is $100,000. (AUD)

Average salary is $40-$60k here.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 08:29 PM   #102
karmasabish
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4Kevo View Post
She didn't even attempt to make a point...she was simply being an ass...and enough is enough. We have ignored the cancer that people like her represent for way too long and honestly they need to be dealt with. I was suggesting that in her obvious misery she should go ahead and end it. Leave the rest of us happy positive people to populate the world.
i hear you on that, but wishing death upon people says something about your own issues, and your respect (or lack thereof) for life. There will always be people that say things you won't agree with, especially on the internet, but it makes me sad to see that a person in the military, who is armed and taught how to kill, has the kind of sentiment that you do.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 08:44 PM   #103
Z4Kevo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmasabish View Post
i hear you on that, but wishing death upon people says something about your own issues, and your respect (or lack thereof) for life. There will always be people that say things you won't agree with, especially on the internet, but it makes me sad to see that a person in the military, who is armed and taught how to kill, has the kind of sentiment that you do.
I am not in the military...you might have me confused with the actual poster...that's not me.

I don't have a lack of respect for life...and it's not a matter of a different opinion on a topic. This was a blatently unprovoked act of disrespect for the original poster that has absolutely no place in intelligent discourse. People who dish out that kind of hatred and inflammatory dialogue are not fit to be among the rest of us. And if that makes me a bad person to feel that way then so be it. I am that little voice in most people's head that is fed up with people like this and wish they would just simply leave this world and stop dishing out misery to the rest of us. There is no place in a productive and positive society for someone who spouts this kind of disrespect for another person.

Now, you and I can disagree about how I handled it and how there may have been better ways to word my response...and I would not belittle you for that difference. But I am sure that we can both agree that the original comment was absolutely dispicable and she should be ashamed or herself for making it.

My apologies for hijacking this thread...I will not comment further.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 10:37 PM   #104
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

This argument has gone on long enough, and there was no reason for it to be dug up in the first place. It's been over for quite some time, we've all let it go, now its time for you new "contributors" to let it go as well.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 10:39 PM   #105
Graham M
I love my Z. Pure sex on wheels.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Is sold, goodbye everyone!

I just wanted something nice, so I bought it earlier this year when I was 25 at the time. 26 now obviously.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 12:58 AM   #106
karmasabish
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
This argument has gone on long enough, and there was no reason for it to be dug up in the first place. It's been over for quite some time, we've all let it go, now its time for you new "contributors" to let it go as well.

lol it was new to me! sheesh. FREEDOM OF SPEECH! lol j/k
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 01:10 AM   #107
tom_48
BMW Novice
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Garage List
2007 M Coupe'  [0.00]
I turned 18 six days ago!!!

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 01:29 AM   #108
Engineer Daddy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

her comment was directed to me....but Dammittt is right it is over and it never even phased me.

2008 M Coupe
1984 Mini (born 11 APR 84)
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 06:15 PM   #109
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
You're not even 16 and you paid over 5K for the car? I read your post wrong the first time, that would take a lot of conservation, good job if you actually worked for it I guess. Can't believe your rents were dumb enough to start you out in an M coupe though... looking back, I am glad I started out in a crappy car.

I think the poll should be what is your age and did you pay for it completely by yourself. Perhaps this is just me being bitter that kids flaunt their parents money (mine had none so I have a mortgage and student loans, etc.). And this is not directed at any one person... more towards the few 3 series owners I disagree with and all of the rich kids that went to highschool with me
yeah i paid 6500 of my own money at a part time job. To me that is a lot of money, i am not trying to flaunt my parents money i know my parents have money but im not like that i don't talk about that and my friends know that. hope you didn't get te wrong impression. My parents also know that there is going to be controversy over the whol fact of a 16 with performance car but not every kid does that on the street. I used to motocross before i got my car, well where would you ride it? On the track! If i ever wanted to run my car i would go to a track.
      11-22-2008, 12:21 PM   #110
plasmasmp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
1991 Isuzu Rodeo S  [0.00]
2007 M Coupe  [0.00]
LOL. If I had this car when I was 16, I would have gone straight from the dealer to the hospital. And this is coming from someone who has never gotten a speeding ticket. At that age I was powersliding my beater SUV on dirt roads, and with an ///M, I would not been able to keep it under 100. Ever.

Just be safe and dont try and fly off any runways. Even though BMWs are very capable cars, they cannot fly no matter how much alcohol you have in your system.