ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-19-2008, 03:30 PM   #45
dda
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Coupe Z4 M

I just got mine 1 month ago and went through the first tune up of 1200. I owned a 911 (996) for 5 years. The 911 is more practical (I have kids) but is more show off. The Z4 is not showing if you have money or not, it is just different, you don't see any on the road. Since I have mine i saw 1 Z4 in my town but it is not an M.

Buy the M I did not try the regular Z4 but if you want to keep it for ever by the "must Have".

Went 125mph the other day, the car is safe safe safe, I am french and I am use to drive Euro highway everymonth.

The sport mode will make you smile...power power power...DO NOT REMOVE the DSC or you will be going in opposite direction....

I never thought that I will be buying a BMW before and I owned tons of cars, this is my first and I think that I am going to put into my collection of car to own for ever !

Hurry up and buy yours...the car is getting rare, I bought mine in Detroit and I live in Connecticut.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 08:39 PM   #46
mcacciola
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i, Silver - M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by will@longbeachbmw View Post
I had a 335i sedan on lease with 8 months to go, the last of the M coupes were on coming into the dealership, so I swapped lease and swapped up the last M coupe the dealership got. I was very close to not doing it, but I had always been curious of the M Coupe and I did it.

Best car I have ever owned - and it was surprising. I feel a sense of passion about this vehicle that I have never felt before.

At the end of my 24 month lease, I'll buy it. I will never get rid of this car. Such a pure, raw, sexy, sport car machine.

Will
I was planning to do exactly the same thing...with my 335 that has 10 months to go...in my case i want to buy it since day 1.
How the swap ended? (money wise)
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 09:41 PM   #47
Z4Kevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokartmozart View Post
A homerun description from another Texan! Couldn't have said it better myself. Mine is a keeper!
Texas has some great roads in the hill country...kerrville/fredericksburg area. Are you a member of the Tejas Chapter of the BMWCCA?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2008, 10:42 PM   #48
nOLd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 MCoupe Interlagos Blue

I love my Eleanor I don't even let my dealership wash her each time I go for maintenance, I do it myself. . No regrets
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2008, 12:49 AM   #49
reRESERVEDFX
(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW Z4 3.0i 03 BMW M5 DINAN

I love my Z4 so much I'm actually thinking about getting rid of it and buying myself a Z4M Coupe once I find a nice one somewhere close. These cars are nice to drive, head turners and extremely unique. And I think there's no better mix than M3 engine bolted into the Z4 chassis.
      11-26-2008, 04:23 AM   #50
AWM3
BMW Fan
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, Alpine White

My Z4M is the only car my kids have told me to never sell, and they've seen me go through a lot of different cars in the past 20 years. It's not that it's particularly beautiful, or practical, or incredibly fast, or any one thing. It's just one of those cars that BMW happens to make once in a while that is very special. Most are generic, a few are really bad (E36 318ti, 128i, both underpowered and ugly), and a few are true classics (E30M3, Z4M). The 335 for example (which I also own) will never be a classic, even though it's a great car. It's a mass produced machine with a maypop engine that you run until the turbos give out, (which will be right after the end of the warranty), then pay big bucks to repair the thing. Thus BMW makes a nice profit off of you twice - when you buy the car, and when you bring it back for a new engine. These Germans are smart. The Z4M was not smart as a marketing or business project, but it was the last classic sports car made by BMW.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2008, 10:41 PM   #51
RichardTS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92 & Z4 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
All of you that keep replying that you will drive your baby until she crumbles to dust... do you drive your M Coupe as a "daily driver"? How many miles you guys got on these things?

I just got my M Coupe, has about 2k miles to date, and it is my daily driver, and I'm just wondering how many of you actually drive this thing every single day, and still have no regrets.

I came from an E46 M3, and I do miss some of the practicality that car has that the M Coupe doesn't, but I am dealing, and loving the Coupe.
They don't have to crumble into dust. My M replaced an MGB that I drove for 29 years with a smile on my face everytime I drove it. Until, that is, I got my M. Bottom line is that I will drive my M until I can't drive any more. And it WON'T crumble into dust...
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2008, 05:35 AM   #52
oj
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

The car isn't perfect, but it totally nails the important stuff such as, the brakes, high speed stability, good ride on the street, rwd driving experience, great seats, and even traction control that lets you have some fun.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 03:59 PM   #53
bobbydole
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW M Coupe

How well do the Z4MCs deal with driveways and curbs?

I am thinking about getting one of these cars myself. But I am extremely concerned about scratching up the bumper when going up on driveways. What are your experiences with this?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #54
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydole View Post
I am thinking about getting one of these cars myself. But I am extremely concerned about scratching up the bumper when going up on driveways. What are your experiences with this?
I use the RPI skid plates, but haven't had them touch anything yet. You just have to be careful and crawl up driveways.
      12-01-2008, 04:59 PM   #55
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Angles are key.
Scratch the front once and you'll learn to never take an elevation change straight-on.
      12-01-2008, 07:23 PM   #56
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
Angles are key.
Scratch the front once and you'll learn to never take an elevation change straight-on.
True, however, there are some places you just can't go...

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #57
bobbydole
Private
United_States
Rep

Is the Z4SI slightly higher off the ground than the MC?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #58
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Is the Z4SI slightly higher off the ground than the MC?
Not sure...the bmwusa.com website says the Z4 3.0SI Coupe is 49.9 in high, while the Z4M Coupe is 50.7...

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #59
bobbydole
Private
United_States
Rep

Would you say the M-coupe is more susceptible to curbing the bumper than the regular 3 series or about the same? I'm just trying to get a point of reference since I have a 2002 330i myself.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 08:19 PM   #60
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

The fangs are what make it difficult, since they are the lowest point. I'm sure someone out there would be willing to measure stock ground clearance for you...I would but my car isn't accessible.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #61
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda View Post

The sport mode will make you smile...power power power...DO NOT REMOVE the DSC or you will be going in opposite direction....
I disagree.

F1, Drag, Super Touring, World Championship Rally or just about any other competitive racing classes you look at do not employ any form of DSC.

I think this should tell you something.
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 05:27 AM   #62
rc'Z
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANILE8 View Post
I disagree.

F1, Drag, Super Touring, World Championship Rally or just about any other competitive racing classes you look at do not employ any form of DSC.

I think this should tell you something.
I would think it tells us they are porfessional / trained drivers who know how to race, have race cars and most of us are street drivers want-to-be's who need DSC to stay out of touble.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #63
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Would you say the M-coupe is more susceptible to curbing the bumper than the regular 3 series or about the same? I'm just trying to get a point of reference since I have a 2002 330i myself.
I had both a 2003 325i (Sport Package) and 2003 Z4 - I never scraped the 3-series, just the Z4. Driveways, parking curbs, heck, I once pulled in too far at a parking garage and scraped the nose on those steel cables they use for guard rails. The nose is low and unwieldy, no way around it.
Appreciate 0