ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #1
aggie2000
Registered
Rep
Drives: z4 3.0

17" on non-M fitment question

Hello all!

For the Apex guys and/or anyone else with similar experience. I've read many of the threads here and would like feedback on a wheel/tire combo for my new-to-me '03 non-M Z4 3.0 Sport pkg.

I would like to go 255/40R17 square for the performance and tire rotation advantages. I am looking at Apex arc-8 17x9et30 on all four corners (I really want the "concave" style if I can make it work). I realize this is quite an aggressive fit on the front. Assuming NO plan for camber plates, but will remove strut pins and max the camber (approx -1.5* ?), can I run this wheel up front with only a minor fender roll? If no, how about if I shim to approximately -2.0* ? Will -2.0* in front kill my tire wear for a daily/spirited driver? Lets assume tire will be a hefty width summer like RS3 or Direzza, but NOT as extreme as an r-compound. Anyone tried this setup on a non-M?

Thanks in advance. I know the et42 will fit easily up front, but they aren't concave. New to BMWs, but love this forum! http://www.zpost.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif
Appreciate 0