ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #23
Nate2046
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 e92M

Sorry to go off-topic but since you started a thread with no pics I don't feel that bad. I'm guessing from the screen name and location FDX? How about hooking up your fellow Z4M buddy with an interview

Best of luck with the ESS setup, I honestly don't see the need for that much HP but I suppose thats the point
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #24
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep
Drives: 2006 Imola Red Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate2046 View Post
Sorry to go off-topic but since you started a thread with no pics I don't feel that bad. I'm guessing from the screen name and location FDX? How about hooking up your fellow Z4M buddy with an interview

Best of luck with the ESS setup, I honestly don't see the need for that much HP but I suppose thats the point

HAHA! Your good man! Yeah based in MEM flying the Maddog for the last 8 years..great company to fly for. I was hired in 2001 and have enjoyed every year PM me and I will let you know what I know....which isn't much. We are starting to see positive improvements....so hopefully the trend will continue. You can never have too much power
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #25
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4Murder View Post
thanks for the info, my god i can only imagine how much of a beast your car is with n2o + FI.

i dont think i would get that ashtray piece only looking for 2 gauges; 1 for boost, and one for A/F ratio... possibly just the boost. anyways, did you make a custom setup using individualy pods mounted to your a pillar? or is there an aftermarket a-pillar with pods as one piece for purchase?

thanks again

I couldn't find an A pillar for our cars. There is some universal stuff out there, but I didn't like the looks. I chose individual gauge pods mounted to the A pillar. I think it looks better until I can get a custom pillar made. I'm thinking I will have one with a leather wrap and match the passenger side pillar in leather as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 08:26 AM   #26
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8tdog View Post
I couldn't find an A pillar for our cars. There is some universal stuff out there, but I didn't like the looks. I chose individual gauge pods mounted to the A pillar. I think it looks better until I can get a custom pillar made. I'm thinking I will have one with a leather wrap and match the passenger side pillar in leather as well.
You have any photos of the gauges mounted?
      06-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #27
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfine88 View Post
You have any photos of the gauges mounted?

My last communication with Roman at ESS indicates the car will be done on the 15th of this month. I'm going to drive it from AZ to TN where I live and will do a full review with video. I will be sure to get pics of my gauge pods. They are basically small cylinder shaped pods that fit the 52mm gauges perfectly and are bolted to the pillar in a clean fashion. I should have something posted by the 18th or 19th if all goes well.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 03:31 PM   #28
Blind32
Certified Adrenaline Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

Quote:
I'm going to drive it from AZ to TN where I live and will do a full review with video.
Yeah I think you need to drive through Dallas (and give me a ride) to get to TN. All other routes are blocked No problem tho, I hear Dallas is WONDERFUL this time of the year.

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 06:02 PM   #29
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind32 View Post
Yeah I think you need to drive through Dallas (and give me a ride) to get to TN. All other routes are blocked No problem tho, I hear Dallas is WONDERFUL this time of the year.

Sounds like fun, but I need to check with Map Quest If it wasn't for my beautiful 2 1/2 year old daughter waiting for me at home I might make that stop. I'm happily married, but wow those Dallas girls drink good milk
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #30
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
Tail of the Dragon

This is a must on the way home...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #31
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
Tail of the Dragon

This is a must on the way home...

Yeah that would be fun!! Driving from Phoenix to Memphis, so I won't be going through East TN. Someday I will make the drive out there just to experience it .
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 04:33 AM   #32
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep

Just an update...car wont be ready until the end of the month.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #33
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind32 View Post

I second that!!! and PLEASE let me know if you do!!! I'd LOVE to see this thing up close! MQ might take you up to 40 though straight to Memphis...

Oh and just a little tid-bit...I grew up in East TN (near knoxville) and still have family out there, so if you ever make it out that way let me know! lol
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 11:30 AM   #34
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
I second that!!! and PLEASE let me know if you do!!! I'd LOVE to see this thing up close! MQ might take you up to 40 though straight to Memphis...

Oh and just a little tid-bit...I grew up in East TN (near knoxville) and still have family out there, so if you ever make it out that way let me know! lol

yeah, my route takes me through Amarillo, TX. Your more than welcome to ride in the car or look it over if you are ever in the Memphis area
I'll do my best to sell the ESS product, as I feel they are first class! Great products and excellent customer service. Very honest people. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 03:54 PM   #35
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
yeah, my route takes me through Amarillo, TX. Your more than welcome to ride in the car or look it over if you are ever in the Memphis area
I'll do my best to sell the ESS product, as I feel they are first class! Great products and excellent customer service. Very honest people. Cheers
I will DEFinitely take you up on that offer!! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #36
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep

No problem.
Appreciate 0