ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #45
imz4n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 3,0 si TITANIUM SIlVER

Top down and smiles all around- Priceless
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #46
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

Awesome. Glad you had a blast. Those memories will last forever.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2010, 07:34 PM   #47
bdejong11129
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 87 E30

The main story for him was when we were pulled over in Birmingham....No, not speeding, not aggressive driving, not for peeling out, nope, I was found guilty of driving with a Texas temporary plate in the great state of Alabama.

The cop actually told me I should just keep the registration papers handy since I would more than likely be pulled over again....

I respect police officers and understand they have a hard job but this was the first time I was actually angry for having to pull over. But we made it out without another stop.

Did a post- trip inspection today while washing the car and found out that somewhere along the way I broke the lens on the drivers side fog light. I know it was good to go when I left Dallas. Looked for just the lens but only found the whole fog light. Any suggestions other than shelling out 130.00 for a new one?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2010, 09:04 PM   #48
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdejong11129 View Post
The main story for him was when we were pulled over in Birmingham....No, not speeding, not aggressive driving, not for peeling out, nope, I was found guilty of driving with a Texas temporary plate in the great state of Alabama.

The cop actually told me I should just keep the registration papers handy since I would more than likely be pulled over again....

I respect police officers and understand they have a hard job but this was the first time I was actually angry for having to pull over. But we made it out without another stop.

Did a post- trip inspection today while washing the car and found out that somewhere along the way I broke the lens on the drivers side fog light. I know it was good to go when I left Dallas. Looked for just the lens but only found the whole fog light. Any suggestions other than shelling out 130.00 for a new one?
Wait, this cop actually cited you and gave you a ticket for having a temporary plate?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #49
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

^i'm not understanding the license plate deal either.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 01:24 PM   #50
WhoU4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Wait, this cop actually cited you and gave you a ticket for having a temporary plate?
It sounds like bdejong11129 just needed to provide the registration papers to prove it was purchased in Texas and he was on his way home.

OEM Strut Brace / UUC SSK / Zeck CDV / Clutch Stop / ZHP Shift Knob / Stubby Ant / Top Covers / Dinan K&N / M Seats / SP / PP
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #51
MetMan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i, 2033 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdejong11129 View Post

I cracked my fog light after running over a deer carcass in GA a couple of weeks ago. Tischer BMW has it for $105.