ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-12-2012, 12:40 AM   #23
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONAR View Post
2nd: as far as the secondary "s-pipe" section goes, what's the difference between these and the US piece? Cats are freer flowing? Lighter? Or more restrictive since they are to be used with catless headers?
Euro cats have the secondary O2s and EGT. Supposedly they're more restrictive but I've never seen official confirmation.
      01-12-2012, 01:57 AM   #24
txz4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
1st comment: the UK still uses the pound so the conversion is more like $310 to USD.

2nd: as far as the secondary "s-pipe" section goes, what's the difference between these and the US piece? Cats are freer flowing? Lighter? Or more restrictive since they are to be used with catless headers?

FWIW, Donovan has a good rep over on M3Forum, and had one here. I don't think using other people's pictures as your own is very forthcoming, but if he provides what he says he will there isn't much more to say. For example, I do business all the time with multinational corporations, and when they say something is "in stock" it could mean 15min from me, or in Canada. What matters is that they have it, somewhere, and it can be got in a reasonable amount of time. There are always instances when something goes wrong, but I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet, as I've seen many of his FS threads come and go (seemingly) without issue. I'd like for those to chime in, rather than people who haven't bought before.

Edit: the timing may seem fishy to some (villanova) but I used to post under a three-letter handle, a black z4m coupe with SSR wheels and KWV3s. I'm not Donovan starting an account to defend himself. Just weighing in.
did you get banned?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 01:57 AM   #25
SONAR
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: By echolocation

Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
did you get banned?
nope. made the change for personal reasons
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 07:16 AM   #26
zBone
Megatron
Rep
Drives: 2007 IB Z4MC

Quote:
1st comment: the UK still uses the pound so the conversion is more like $310 to USD.

FWIW, Donovan has a good rep over on M3Forum, and had one here. I don't think using other people's pictures as your own is very forthcoming, but if he provides what he says he will there isn't much more to say. For example, I do business all the time with multinational corporations, and when they say something is "in stock" it could mean 15min from me, or in Canada. What matters is that they have it, somewhere, and it can be got in a reasonable amount of time. There are always instances when something goes wrong, but I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet, as I've seen many of his FS threads come and go (seemingly) without issue. I'd like for those to chime in, rather than people who haven't bought before.

Edit: the timing may seem fishy to some (villanova) but I used to post under a three-letter handle, a black z4m coupe with SSR wheels and KWV3s. I'm not Donovan starting an account to defend himself. Just weighing in.
It never crossed my mind that you were donovan - your grammar is too good!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #27
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

Hey thanks for posting

Basically everything is better in Europe in a performance aspect for the BMW

Also the supplier gave me all of those photos, we spoke and I told him I could get rid of the product probably a bit faster

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 07:22 AM   #28
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by torabone View Post
It never crossed my mind that you were donovan - your grammar is too good!
He speaks the truth, in the internet world I cant really defend my grammar... lol

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #29
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by donovan View Post
He speaks the truth, in the internet world I cant really defend my grammar... lol
It is sad to see the extent you would go to make yourself look good on this forum. FWIW, you are better off not posting here anymore and sticking to m3 forums since everytime you try to sell something, someone will bring up this thread and crap all over your post

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #30
zBone
Megatron
Rep
Drives: 2007 IB Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakib View Post
It is sad to see the extent you would go to make yourself look good on this forum. FWIW, you are better off not posting here anymore and sticking to m3 forums since everytime you try to sell something, someone will bring up this thread and crap all over your post
No malice intended with my post, mind you.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #31
jdl1pt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4M coupe 2007 IL Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by donovan View Post
I wouldn't say false advertisement and this is hardly an example. I make arrangements with certain suppliers. This just happened to already be on the famous ebay. I know the guy, him and I have already spoken on getting the product sold faster. Its his second time posting it.

1. If you get a product and you happy then problem solved.
2. If a deal couldn't be established and you got the money back both parties are solid on the matter

Problem? None.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E46-ME...item3a6ed84182

One problem would be that these are for an E46 and not an E85/86. You've admitted that the cats for sale are the same ones posted on ebay. The post states that they are genuine e46 cats. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but e46 cats are slightly different than E85/86 and thus WON'T work for Z4M's. I'm not sure why the post mentions that they would work for an 2004 2006 Z4M. Last I checked, a 2004 Z4m would be the only in the world.

If above is correct, one has to ask why you are selling these here in the first place.

|OEM Strut bar|ZHP Knob lighted|RPI Scoop|Zeckhausen Modified CDV|DIY Clutch Stop|Camber shim kit|
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #32
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Look closer at where the cats curve .

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #33
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Also if you read his ad more, it talks closely about z4m and e85. lol or email him.

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #34
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

Either way youre full of it.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #35
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC Interlagos

SS Race Cans, RE X Pipe, DKF Sec 1, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z CDV, GC Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, Poly FCAB & RTAB, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #36
txz4
Major
Rep

i think this whole situation has become way blown out of proportion...

The dude is selling stuff for foreign sellers as a broker. Though it should be said that he doesn't actually have possession of the product at the moment im not seeing anything wrong...

He brings a valuable service to the z board and the e46 board in that he is willing ot broker the deal for us to purchase foreign goods. At the end of the day as long as he says up front what the situation is i think he should continue selling. I wouldn't want to see a source for rare euro parts disappear off of the forums, they are already hard enough to find.

Full disclosure, i purchased a set of euro headers from OP months ago and about a week later he had to send the money back to to issues with the supplier, it sucks but it is what it is. I still will keep OP in mind when im looking for euro parts assuming the price is right and im willing to put up with the delays of purchasing foreign goods.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #37
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
i think this whole situation has become way blown out of proportion...

The dude is selling stuff for foreign sellers as a broker. Though it should be said that he doesn't actually have possession of the product at the moment im not seeing anything wrong....
Then how come the seller on ebay is willing to let it go for $575.00 USD shipped?

where does the other 325.00 go? Bubblewrap?! Hes clearing making a huge take at our expense. Plus lying about it. Started it off fishy and ended fishy.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #38
txz4
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4-Villalona View Post
Then how come the seller on ebay is willing to let it go for $575.00 USD shipped?

where does the other 325.00 go? Bubblewrap?! Hes clearing making a huge take at our expense. Plus lying about it. Started it off fishy and ended fishy.
supply and demand....

I believe that it says he will only ship in that area I.E. not international, though i could be wrong. Along with this, keep in mind the item being sold in that area IS the stock item and is far more common than the same item here. So it would stand to reason that the extra 325 would likely go to shipping, packing, and also to the extra profit one would expect for selling a product in a place that simply doesnt have access as well as probably a small fee to the OP for brokering the deal.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #39
SONAR
Banned
Albania
Rep

What happened to no shitting in FS threads? He listed something for sale, if you don't like the price, or where the item is, don't post. I do think it would've been prudent to disclose where "in stock" items are in the world, but the fact remains Donovan is sourcing parts we can't get in the US. If you don't want to buy them, then don't. It's clear a few transactions haven't gone as smooth as possible, that's what the Itrader rating is for. Here is Integr8r's experience: "After 1st set got lost, seller stuck with it & made good on the deal; props"

http://www.zpost.com/forums/itrader.php?u=44282

"ADVERTISED ELSWERE HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE.PAYMENT THROUGH CASH CHEQUE POSTAL ORDER ETC BUT NO PAYPAL! THANKS"

Congratulations you found an ebay listing in the UK - Donovan has answered all the questions asked politely and it's clear he will act as the broker in many of these sales, assuming risk and using his contacts, he is allowed to ask what he wants. There is nothing fishy here, an item is for sale in multiple places, so what. The UK seller says he doesn't accept paypal, it's unknown if he'll ship to the states, and I personally don't have anyway to obtain a British postal order for payment if I wanted these. Donovan handles these issues for people who want to buy European parts, which you don't.

Last edited by SONAR; 01-12-2012 at 03:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #40
SONAR
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakib View Post
Which would be a violation of the FS forum rules. This is what the Itrader rating is for, and is for people who have actually done business with the selling party. I personally put a lot more faith into these instances of feedback over some blithering, ranting child who figured out how to type ebay.co.uk into their browser.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #41
txz4
Major
Rep

^ WHS X 10
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #42
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Man, am I ever sorry I posted in this thread.

Simply a poor reflection on me and not Donovan who has consistently delivered.

I should have taken things offline and suggested to Donovan that it would have been, as Sonar put it, "prudent to disclose where 'in stock' items are in the world" so folks know what to expect in terms of process/time, and left it at that. That was really my only issue (communication), but again it should have been taken offline.

I don't think it's fair or accurate to characterise him as an unreliable seller or worse. Nothing could be further from the truth. Donovan has come through where items have been damaged in transit and he's stood behind things and eaten the cost. Evidence--that he delivers, and has stood behind products--can be found with some easy searching right here on Zpost.

The thing is, that despite some delays and some communication glitches I and a lot of others got what we ordered. If not, refunds were issued. (Which Donovan did politely point out.) I'm now obligated to provide an Itrader Rating (which I should have done a long time ago). And it won't be negative. It will be positive!

As Sonar points out, the Itrader system is here to address these questions so that FS threads can be kept clean.

Bottom line Donovan provides service to source items outside NA, collects a fee for doing so, and has a good history of delivering the product. If that changes, the Itrader system is here to reflect the service levels.

Last edited by Finnegan; 01-18-2012 at 01:41 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #43
BookerM3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

8) No Commercial Posts We have very strict Anti-spam policies here and we will be deleting posts/banning users without notice when the post is a commercial post made by a non community sponsor. If you happen to see these types of posts on the forum, we urge you to report these members to us.

9) CLASSIFIEDS RULES.
NO THREAD CRAPPING - DO NOT go into a member's for sale thread and post off-topic or critical comments or try to sell your own item in another member's classifieds threads. DO NOT go into a sponsor's classifieds thread and do the same. These threads are protected from any mention of other competing products, complaints, criticisms. There is a vendors' feedback forum for such purposes.

Based on the above, isn't this a commercial post as Donovan is reselling items? It's not his own parts.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #44
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Hey if it is a "commercial post" because the item is not in my hands, then MODS please do DELETE.

If it is not an issue, let the prices fall!!!

$875 shipped

Whens the last time you saw a EURO z4m set of CATS go for less than 900?

Supply-Demand. When I see that someone has one for sale for 800 I guess I will go to 800?

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0