ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-16-2011, 02:23 PM   #45
SICK BMW
09 Bmw M3 E93, 06 Ford CVPI, 90 Mustang SC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW E93 (SOLD)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
You are the only one posting idiotic stuff in this thread. You wrote, "...have them transfered over to someone else...", and the posted a section from the DMV FAQ about gifting custom plates, and then said donations are requried. You clearly are not talking about a piece of metal that will be hung from a wall as a collector's item. You are talking about transferring plates, etc. AND asking for compensation in return. Don't try to wiggle your way around this. What you proposed is clear.
Why would i need to wiggle my way outta anything? Nothing i said has changed other then the fact that i discovered it isn't a problem to sell them. There's a website dedicated to selling these plates in a similar way as ebay does. So once you get them you can either hang them on a wall as i have done with some of mine, or you can have them registered on your vehicle. All of that is up to the person who gets the plates.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #46
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICK BMW View Post
Why would i need to wiggle my way outta anything? Nothing i said has changed other then the fact that i discovered it isn't a problem to sell them. There's a website dedicated to selling these plates in a similar way as ebay does. So once you get them you can either hang them on a wall as i have done with some of mine, or you can have them registered on your vehicle. All of that is up to the person who gets the plates.
Buying pieces of metal with stuff written on them on the internet has nothing to do with "transferring" plates. Transferrring plates is what you proposed and the gifting section of the DMV FAQ you referenced has something to do with that, and you know it. If this is simply about the piece of metal for collection purposes, then why are you referencing gifting and the DMV FAQ? Again what is the "donation" for exactly? For what charity or purpose?
      01-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #47
SICK BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Buying pieces of metal with stuff written on them on the internet has nothing to do with "transferring" plates. Transferrring plates is what you proposed and the gifting section of the DMV FAQ you referenced has something to do with that, and you know it. If this is simply about the piece of metal for collection purposes, then why are you referencing gifting and the DMV FAQ? Again what is the "donation" for exactly? For what charity or purpose?
I could go on and argue with you some more, but seeing that you now subscribed to my thread and want to continue debating the facts with me, i'll just say now you know what im completey wrong and you are absolutely correct! Done you win!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #48
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I could go on and argue with you some more, but seeing that you now subscribed to my thread and want to continue debating the facts with me, i'll just say now you know what im completey wrong and you are absolutely correct! Done you win!
You avoid the questions--for a reason obviously.

You don't have any rights over those legally registered plates unless you pay an annual fee to the DMV. The year you stop paying, you no longer have any rights over them, and they can be reassigned to someone else who expresses interest in them. The DMV regulates that process. Trying to extract revenue by selling/transferring them like this is most likely illegal.
      01-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #49
Eccentric
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Quote:
You avoid the questions--for a reason obviously.

You don't have any rights over those legally registered plates unless you pay an annual fee to the DMV. The year you stop paying, you no longer have any rights over them, and they can be reassigned to someone else who expresses interest in them. The DMV regulates that process. Trying to extract revenue by selling/transferring them like this is most likely illegal.
Insightful.

This thread is the worst thread I've seen on these forums. Sick BMW should get a ban for being an unnecessary douche.

Sick BMW, your failed abortion of an argument is laughable at best. GLWS
      01-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #50
FerRrari
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Catrinel Menghia

Hey Sick BMW, I'm interested in the license plate, please PM me your e-mail address. Don't listen to these haters.
'07 IR/SBL ///M Roadster (GONE), '08 Tornado Red Triumph Daytona (GONE), '09 BRG/Cloth 6MT MINI Cooper S (Spontaneously Combusted), '06 IR/IR ///M3 Convertible 6MT (GONE), '04 JB/CR Z4 2.5i SMG (GONE)
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 04:18 PM   #51
SICK BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
These guys are idiots. Im not trippin. Nothing illegal
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 04:21 PM   #52
SICK BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentric View Post
Insightful.

This thread is the worst thread I've seen on these forums. Sick BMW should get a ban for being an unnecessary douche.

Sick BMW, your failed abortion of an argument is laughable at best. GLWS
Failed abortion? Lol.. im just trying to make a sale.. not be a nerd on a computer all day long and argue. The facts are facts. It is not illegal! You guys are just haters and I already have a buyer anyways. Again thanks for making me more famous. This guy lucid somehow shut down this thread. But magically it opened back up again.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 04:23 PM   #53
SICK BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerRrari View Post
Hey Sick BMW, I'm interested in the license plate, please PM me your e-mail address. Don't listen to these haters.
Thanks man, good to see some positive feedback in a thread with all these negaitve remarks... I may already have a buyer but I'll send you a pm right now anyways with the details..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #54
FerRrari
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Catrinel Menghia

They're obviously jealous of your sick ride! (pun intended)
It takes a special kind of person to make a statement like that with a personalized license plates, since these people are obviously insecure, they feel the need to attack you to make themselves feel better.

BTW, I LOVE your mustang, got any more pics?
'07 IR/SBL ///M Roadster (GONE), '08 Tornado Red Triumph Daytona (GONE), '09 BRG/Cloth 6MT MINI Cooper S (Spontaneously Combusted), '06 IR/IR ///M3 Convertible 6MT (GONE), '04 JB/CR Z4 2.5i SMG (GONE)
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #55
SICK BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerRrari View Post
They're obviously jealous of your sick ride! (pun intended)
It takes a special kind of person to make a statement like that with a personalized license plates, since these people are obviously insecure, they feel the need to attack you to make themselves feel better.

BTW, I LOVE your mustang, got any more pics?
Thanks man i have to agree with yah! All of my vehicles have personalized plates and at all the shows people loved the sickbmw plate the most. But like you said there will always be haters.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #56
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC Interlagos

http://dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg17.pdf

I don't see the option to do anything but retain or release? Maybe I'm missing something?

I suspect the gift option is for ordering new plates - not for transfer.
SS Race Cans, RE X Pipe, DKF Sec 1, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z CDV, GC Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, Poly FCAB & RTAB, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 04:38 PM   #57
SICK BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyshk View Post
http://dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg17.pdf

I don't see the option to do anything but retain or release? Maybe I'm missing something?
I think it's great that you only decided to mention 2 of the 3 options on the form that you just posted! It actually says retain, release or reassign. Love how you accidentally left that last part out! Make it known right now that I'm not gonna continue and argue and debate with all of the haters that wanna come on here & post links and information that they think they know or just wanting to put in there 2 cents. Im done. If your interested pm me.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 04:42 PM   #58
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I think it's great that you only decided to mention 2 of the 3 options on the form that you just posted! It actually says retain, release or reassign. Love how you accidentally left that last part out! Make it known right now that I'm not gonna continue and argue and debate with all of the haters that wanna come on here & post links and information that they think they know or just wanting to put in there 2 cents. Im done. If your interested pm me.
Reassign is for a vehicle registered to you... I thought you were playing the gift angle DA? I don't give a flying F what you do as long as it's legal...
SS Race Cans, RE X Pipe, DKF Sec 1, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z CDV, GC Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, Poly FCAB & RTAB, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #59
SICK BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Im not playing any angle. I didn't know i was on trial. to the best of my knowledge and after doing some research I don't see anything illegal and have yet to see anything concrete that it is.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 04:46 PM   #60
SICK BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyshk View Post
Reassign is for a vehicle registered to you... I thought you were playing the gift angle DA? I don't give a flying F what you do as long as it's legal...
Oh and thanks for caring if what i do is legal or illegal. Good to know you care.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #61
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Failed abortion? Lol.. im just trying to make a sale.. not be a nerd on a computer all day long and argue. The facts are facts. It is not illegal! You guys are just haters and I already have a buyer anyways. Again thanks for making me more famous. This guy lucid somehow shut down this thread. But magically it opened back up again.
What are you taking about? I have no way of closing and re-opening a thread, and I did not report it to a mod or an admin (although anyone has the right to do so).
      01-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #62
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep

Just trying to help
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #63
SICK BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What are you taking about? I have no way of closing and re-opening a thread, and I did not report it to a mod or an admin (although anyone has the right to do so).
I just thought it was funny...
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #64
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep

I think Eccentric did it - It was definitely locked for a few minutes
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #65
SICK BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
It's all good guys listen, I'm not trying to start problems with anybody, I apologize If I offended any of you I'm just trying to list something on the forums without having a problem.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #66
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep

I hope to sell mine one day! CADDYSHK
Appreciate 0