ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-03-2011, 08:41 AM   #23
zubydafa
tosser
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandysV10 View Post
This is weird. I am flying to Reno on Thursday from Virginia to pick up my Z4MC. MY 2006, 22,500 on the clock. Doing a road trip back as well, currently have the owner checking into clear bra install prior to trip.
good stuff man. you'll be a few hundred miles south of me the entire time, but best of luck on the drive. enjoy it!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #24
zubydafa
tosser
Isle of Man
Rep

got in last night. 3,000 miles with the stop to mt. rushmore and some detours to bypass construction traffic. the journey took about 3 days. after taking delivery in seattle, i stopped in spokane, WA which is about 280 miles out to rest for the night before setting out.

day 1. 780 miles to gillette, WY.

day2. 1000 miles to madison, WI. decided to stop and check out mt. rushmore which was bad timing because it was biker week. madness. ~half a million bikers on the road in south dakota that week.

day3. 900 miles to allentown, PA.

the car held up very well. my back hates me and i started to get shooting pains up my right ankle all the way up my thigh. i'm 24 and a gym rat - 3 days across country in an Mcoupe still hurt. i wish i took more pictures...but honestly didn't have much opportunity to. between driving all day making great time and sleeping at night, i didn't pay much mind to photos.

before

after
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #25
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

I'm glad to see you both made it in one piece. Love the 3M painter's tape BTW! Looks familiar!

I can see how you'd have a sore back. I'm done close to that much driving in several cars and my back wasn't happy either. The suspension and seat configuration would make it a bit more troublesome in the Z4. On the other hand, the car didn't incur any damage, so you can always look on the bright side there!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #26
zubydafa
tosser
Isle of Man
Rep

valentine1 is my best friend.

no tickets..if you can believe that lol.
Appreciate 0