ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #1
ski_rush
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2007 Z4  [7.00]
Fish tank fell on fender :(

Hi guys, sorry for no pics but I wanted to post to get your opinion. Long story short, I had a fish tank sitting on a pile of boxes in the garage...and it fell over, dropping the fish tank on the fender.

The damage include a chip that\'s about the size of a finger nail on an index finger and a 5 inch crease from where the corner of the tank hit the fender. The chip is actually down to the bare metal!

The irony of the situation is that I\'m anal about keeping the car in the garage for safe keeping and that\'s where it gets damaged... Just my luck.

The question is: how do I go about fixing it? I have Geico with comprehensive and a $250 deductible. But, I\'m concerned that that will end up costing me more in insurance hikes and that it would show up on the car\'s history as an accident.

I think the dent/crease can be removed by a dent guy, but I\'m probably looking at needing it sprayed right or can they \"spot spray\"? How much do you think it would be either way?

Thanks,
SR
      08-10-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
Twisted Six
CarbonFiber Engineer @ ZeroMassMotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4si-coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_rush View Post
Hi guys, sorry for no pics but I wanted to post to get your opinion. Long story short, I had a fish tank sitting on a pile of boxes in the garage...and it fell over, dropping the fish tank on the fender.

The damage include a chip that\'s about the size of a finger nail on an index finger and a 5 inch crease from where the corner of the tank hit the fender. The chip is actually down to the bare metal!

The irony of the situation is that I\'m anal about keeping the car in the garage for safe keeping and that\'s where it gets damaged... Just my luck.

The question is: how do I go about fixing it? I have Geico with comprehensive and a $250 deductible. But, I\'m concerned that that will end up costing me more in insurance hikes and that it would show up on the car\'s history as an accident.

I think the dent/crease can be removed by a dent guy, but I\'m probably looking at needing it sprayed right or can they \"spot spray\"? How much do you think it would be either way?

Thanks,
SR
The dent repair and a respray will go above your deductible and its a non-moving damage. Just do it with no regret.

Spot spraying is sub-standard work and WILL show.
Appreciate 0