ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

Poor customer service from Turner Motorsports....

I called Turnermotorsports and some guy named Drew picks up the sales line.
I tell him hey " i think the stainless steel Brake lines you guys sent me may be alittle too long cuz my mechanic says they are like almost twice the stock length"
Drew is like " ok get the number off of the item we sent you and call me"

so i call my mechanic and ask him to read me the numbers... he does and then I go ahead and call TMS...I pressed 1 and waited for someone to pick up.
Didnt get the name of the guy who picked up the sales line this time but he seemed just as willing to help me out which was a plus because we all know how annoying it is to start over with a new customer service rep after a previously lengthy and well thought out statement.

Digressing....

I couldnt get in touch with Drew but the next guy got all all my info and took down the numbers i gave him and told me he would call back....that was 3 hours ago...

TMS: so quick to sell you something, but after they catch the funds they drop your ass. Period. It was probably gonna be a trivial solution anyways...
i mean Im sure someone might have had the same question or even had the same mix up (assuming that the lengthy SS lines were a mix up)....

I dunno....I dont think im not gonna use these guys anymore....

thank goodness i didnt have an issue with a real mod like a diff or a a set of wheels.....jeez
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
MIKe86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 90 332is

definitely frustrating when you're trying to just get something done and not waste time. Should have tried them again before they closed. Don't be rude, but be a pest until you get the information you need.
      04-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
RobMCoupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

They probably send you SS lines for E46 M3. I have fitman issue with the rear SS lines. It has two sections for the rear. It took me about three weeks to get the correct part from the tuner supplier.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep

it just makes me really appreciate Tischer.....
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMCoupe View Post
They probably send you SS lines for E46 M3. I have fitman issue with the rear SS lines. It has two sections for the rear. It took me about three weeks to get the correct part from the tuner supplier.
retarded if they messed that up....
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #6
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
I remember from other threads (someone chime in here) that the Z4M does use a two piece hose in the rear. I also remember reading that some manufactures modified this to remove the two piece and make it a one piece line.

Not sure..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #7
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep

doesnt anyone here have ss lines?!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 10:20 PM   #8
RobMCoupe
Captain
Rep

I have two piece SS lines for the rear. If you can wait, I will ask my tuner shop where they source it from.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 10:25 PM   #9
z4mnyc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

I believe my SS lines are from Stoptech. Will double check
| Z4MC | KW Clubsport | BBS-RGR 19 + Bridgestone RE11 | BBS-RGR 18 + Hoosier R6 | Sparco DTM RS | Vorshlag mounts | Braille battery | Euro Headers | Supersprint exhaust | Stoptech lines | Stongstrut | TCK camber arms | UUC SSK | APR GT-200 wing & splitter | ESS Tune | Speedware Motorsports custom roll cage | Schroth harness |
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #10
a_riddler
Bimmer Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4MC;08 MBZ E350 4Matic

Have the Stoptech lines. Rears are one piece, I simply replaced the two pieces with the one. I had to bust out the dremel to widen the hole that the lines are threaded through to accomodate the rubber grommet, but it fit great when done.

08 Z4MC /// DKF Exhaust, Stoptech 6/4 BBK, TCK Coilovers, Strong-Strut, Apex EC-7's, APR Splitter/Wing,
AFE Intake, Underdrive pulleys, AS SSK, Jaffster, UUC Tranny Mounts, Matte Grill, RPI Scoop, CF Badges
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #11
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

^What that guy said. Rears are 1 line---replaces the two soft lines and the bits in between. They might have sent you the rears by accident.

Order from Zeckhaussin(sp). They're about the same price.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #12
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_riddler View Post
Have the Stoptech lines. Rears are one piece, I simply replaced the two pieces with the one. I had to bust out the dremel to widen the hole that the lines are threaded through to accomodate the rubber grommet, but it fit great when done.
^+1, I did the same.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #13
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Although I understand your frustration, I dont think its fair to lable them with poor customer service just yet. It sounds like they are trying to help you out but maybe not as quickly as you would like. If they acknlowledge their mistake (assuming they made one) and get you the correct part then I dont see what else they can do. However if they blow you off for an extended period then yea - bad service.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #14
RobMCoupe
Captain
Rep

I talked my shop. The two section rear SS brake line was custom make for me. It sounds like I am the only person with two piece SS line for the rear.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #15
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Although I understand your frustration, I dont think its fair to lable them with poor customer service just yet. It sounds like they are trying to help you out but maybe not as quickly as you would like. If they acknlowledge their mistake (assuming they made one) and get you the correct part then I dont see what else they can do. However if they blow you off for an extended period then yea - bad service.
they never got back with me....I had this problem yesterday.....they never called back
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #16
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_riddler View Post
^This

And I agree, I wouldn't call this poor customer service just yet. Call again. Shops are busy -- especially Turner, I'd imagine, given they run a pretty top notch race team -- and sometimes you need to badger them a bit. If a slow response is bothering you, call them back mention that you called before and would like some help. Politely because why give them a reason to get defensive, right? My practice has always been to call or email shops the moment I feel they're taking too long to get back to me. Why wait and start a thread about it? Just call 'em back!
      04-06-2011, 10:36 PM   #17
RobMCoupe
Captain
Rep

I work in customer service for a living. This is poor customer service when you do not return a call as promise. It doesn't matter how busy it is. Why does a customer have to call back when he/she was promise call back. Imagine calling Tuner and get the same answer, I'll call you back, without resolve each time.The OP could of waited before posting, but I understand the frustration.

Similar issue happen to me with Bavarian Auto Salvage.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 11:31 PM   #18
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Unless I'm completely hallucinating, someone on one of these forums cut open their stock "rubber" lines only to find that they were SS from the factory on the inside...
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 06:31 AM   #19
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Unless I'm completely hallucinating, someone on one of these forums cut open their stock "rubber" lines only to find that they were SS from the factory on the inside...
I've heard it mentioned that the OE may be SS on the inside, but don't recall a post of anyone cutting them open to confirm.

It would be nice to know.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 06:53 AM   #20
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I remember this also. I think it was Hack or jmillet that said that but I just cant remember.

May have to go search. Nothing else happening at work this morning.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 07:45 AM   #21
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
I remember this also. I think it was Hack or jmillet that said that but I just cant remember.

May have to go search. Nothing else happening at work this morning.

edit: found it:

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showpost...9&postcount=27
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #22
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

I have my stock front ones laying around and I might cut them, but they sure don't feel like they are SS braided. They feel much more flexible than the Stoptech ones.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0