ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
bkz4mc
Mars Bitches... Red Rocks !
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Stoked...

So today I decided to drive my car in the rain to work ( normally I never drive it in the rain and drive my truck ). Looked out at my car just now and the passenger side headlight washer cover is missing. Did they not figure out the washer cap problem when they did testing ?

Also noticed the other day that the windshield cowl plastic is basically rotting away already and literally flaking off. This car is a 2007 and has 33k miles on it and is parked in the garage all the time. WTF ?

Why when you pay this much for a car does stupid crap like this have to happen ? Come on BMW. My '01 Tacoma doesn't have problems like this... why does my car that costs 3x as much ?

End of rant...
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #2
Neegra
Private
Rep
Drives: TiAg/Imola MC

So what exactly are you stoked about here? haha

I have a problem with the plastic piece at the base of the windshield as well. It's not rotting or flaking off, but it has a warp to it where it has lifted up for about a 3-4" along the edge of the panel toward the middle of the windshield...
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

It seems that the rubber / plastic that BMW uses, whether on the interior trip or on the molding on the outside, is not really up to par.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
I haven't had any of those problems. I am sure a quick visit to a dealership will fix those.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
bkz4mc
United_States
Rep

Yeah, gonna go tomorrow... but you shouldn't have problems on this type of stuff with a higher-end car.

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 08:44 PM   #6
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkz4mc View Post
So today I decided to drive my car in the rain to work ( normally I never drive it in the rain and drive my truck ). Looked out at my car just now and the passenger side headlight washer cover is missing. Did they not figure out the washer cap problem when they did testing ?

Also noticed the other day that the windshield cowl plastic is basically rotting away already and literally flaking off. This car is a 2007 and has 33k miles on it and is parked in the garage all the time.
The headlight washer cap missing is a common problem; I actually check my car for it all the time, thinking it's bound to happen someday. The windshield cowl is an anomaly, though - I've never heard of it happening to anyone, even people that leave thier Z4s outside year-round.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 07:40 AM   #7
thenewkid
Private
Rep
Drives: 06' 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
The windshield cowl is an anomaly, though - I've never heard of it happening to anyone, even people that leave thier Z4s outside year-round.
i had the same issue and have heard other ppl with the same...on mine they had to replace all the seals around the windsheild (3 times actually, but that was just the dealership i went to)
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
bkz4mc
United_States
Rep

So when I went in the other day they ( Irvine BMW ) told me that they won't replace the plastic cowl & windshield molding because the car is over 30k miles. ( I'm at 33k ) What a joke.

They also said that they won't replace my headlight washer cover because an "Outside force" was why it came off.... Ummmm..... Driving my car, and using the windshield washer is a no-no ????

I will never buy another BMW again because of the complete lack of customer care and service I've experienced, and stories I've heard from others. I had two E classes before this car and I never had any excuses for things like this. My wife has a new IS 350 and the same thing with that, nothing but excellent customer service and care.

I love this car, so I'll keep it, but when it's time to get a new sedan for the wife, an M3 is off the list. Too bad... I wanted her to get one so I could drive it !
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 12:50 PM   #9
wildag
///M'n it Up
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 ///M Roadster

Ask them for a copy of the warranty that shows the plastic is only covered for 30k miles.

Also, try another dealership.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #10
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupé & '16 435xi GCoupé

Dealership not replacing the washer cap is bullshit. It happened to me, and my dealership didn't even bat an eye when I asked for it to be replaced.

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1796

Afterwards, I disabled the headlight washer so that it wouldn't happen again.
      10-27-2010, 11:38 PM   #11
bkz4mc
United_States
Rep

Well wouldn't you know !? I went to Crevier today and they said no problem on the windshield cowl and windshield molding ! I'm also having them look at a couple other issues ( the headlight washer caps, and I might be trippin' but my Vanos sounded rattle-ish ) that they were more than happy to look at for me.... go figure ! Service !

They kept her over night, so we'll see what happens tomorrow...

I have a new found faith in BMW. Their plastic and electronics still suck tho ! hahaha :-)
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 01:33 AM   #12
gcochard
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I love this car, so I'll keep it
If you ever change your mind, I'll take it off your hands.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 09:07 AM   #13
Nhopkins1394
Accountant, 1st Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Roadster, Black

Found better service at a different dealership

Quote:
Well wouldn't you know !? I went to Crevier today and they said no problem on the windshield cowl and windshield molding ! I'm also having them look at a couple other issues ( the headlight washer caps, and I might be trippin' but my Vanos sounded rattle-ish ) that they were more than happy to look at for me.... go figure ! Service !

They kept her over night, so we'll see what happens tomorrow...

I have a new found faith in BMW. Their plastic and electronics still suck tho ! hahaha :-)
That is BS! Why can't all the dealerships be "on the same page"! REALLY!
You should send your -0- dollar invoice/receipt to the first dealer and tell them they lost another customer to Crevier!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #14
bkz4mc
United_States
Rep

So I got my car back last Friday from Crevier. Bastards wouldn't replace the headlight washer covers = LAME. Still can't believe that...

The did replace the windshield cowl and the windshield upper molding, as well as my windshield ( I guess the cracked mine when taking out the molding ). So they did good on that...

Anywho, I suggest to anyone that drives in the rain or uses their windshield washers, disconnect your headlight washers if you don't want to buy new covers ( and have to get them painted ) after they fly off = PITA.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #15
BlackMoupe
Mouper
United_States
Rep
Drives: _____

Quote:
So I got my car back last Friday from Crevier. Bastards wouldn't replace the headlight washer covers = LAME. Still can't believe that...

The did replace the windshield cowl and the windshield upper molding, as well as my windshield ( I guess the cracked mine when taking out the molding ). So they did good on that...

Anywho, I suggest to anyone that drives in the rain or uses their windshield washers, disconnect your headlight washers if you don't want to buy new covers ( and have to get them painted ) after they fly off = PITA.
Try Sterling next, I have an appt on the 9th, over the phone I mentioned the trim issue BEFORE the mileage and the service advisor said they take care of it as long as its under new car warranty (CPO doesn't cover it)

Last edited by BlackMoupe; 11-01-2010 at 10:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #16
bojinns
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 E86

good thing i dont know how to operate my headlight washers. now i'm worried they'll go missing..lol

no worries..grab your surfboard or whatever other activity that is supposed to get you properly stoked!

shaka!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 10:53 PM   #17
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
You should drive more in the bad weather!!! I just bought my Z4MC and drive it in the storms here along with my M3. I dont care. You can be gone tomorrow. Live in the today!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 11:08 PM   #18
bkz4mc
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessZ4M View Post
You should drive more in the bad weather!!! I just bought my Z4MC and drive it in the storms here along with my M3. I dont care. You can be gone tomorrow. Live in the today!!!!
If you saw how Californians drive in the rain, you'd drive your Tacoma instead as well my friend. hahahaha

I lived in Vancouver BC before here, so I've had my fair share of weather driving and know when to take it easy. Down here when it rains people will ride your ass, and accidents literally triple...
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #19
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
I am from there and I know all about it. Hawaii drivers are just as bad but I feel you. Just giving you a hard time...
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 04:02 PM   #20
vicj
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 M Roadster; 2010 Mini

Hmmmm. 58,000 miles on my M roady as a daily driver. Hundreds of rainstorms and window washings. Never an issue.
Appreciate 0