ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-11-2017, 05:09 PM   #1
coh661
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4 M COUPE  [8.00]
Rouge Trans Mount Question

Installed some Rouge Trans mounts today. Everything went ok but afterwards I noticed that on the OEM mounts there's a small nub on the top side of the mounts, presumably to help locate them on the trans casting correctly. I never did notice this on the Rouge mounts. Since I already have everything back together it would be easier to ask if anyone else knows if the Rouge mounts have this nub. Seems like that nub would make installation easier by ensuring that the mounts are oriented correctly for the notches on the bottom of the mounts to line up correctly with the tabs on the trans bracket. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2017, 06:07 PM   #2
Boosted 1
Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 M coupe, Gx470, M2 PE

I put RE's in about 2 months ago. I didn't notice that hub/tab. Even though it didn't have it I didn't have a difficult time putting it back together.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2017, 09:29 PM   #3
coh661
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 Z4 M COUPE  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted 1 View Post
I put RE's in about 2 months ago. I didn't notice that hub/tab. Even though it didn't have it I didn't have a difficult time putting it back together.
Thanks for the reply. I got it done as well but it wasn't as smooth as I would like.

The only way I was able to tighten the top nuts on the mounts was to assemble them to the transmission first. I didn't remove the exhaust so clearance was tight. Once I did that I attached the support bracket but I had trouble aligning the notch at the bottom of the mount with the raised tabs on the bracket. Since the upper nuts were torque down I couldn't adjust them to line up. That metal nub on the OEM mounts seems like it aligns the mounts so that when you attach the support bracket the notches line up. Hopefully I'm explaining it right.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #4
StickMon
My other car is on Mars
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 MR

I managed to get the top nuts tightened to what's probably close enough to spec, but it was a beach.
I think the nubs on the stock mounts are to keep them from twisting when you tighten the nuts.
One of my Rogue mounts has tiny surface cracks in a spiral pattern indicating that it turned slightly when I was tightening the nut and has been under torque stress.

I have another set I'll put in one of these days. Next time after I tighten the top nuts I'll release the bottom ones and see if I can remove any twist.
      03-01-2018, 10:37 AM   #5
Rekla
Hug the road... Carpe Asphalt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 ///M Coupe

I have a rogue trans mount set ready for install in the next few days. I'll take pics of them before install. Any significant differences OEM vs these Rogue mounts? Pro's and con's?
      03-02-2018, 10:42 AM   #6
Rekla
Hug the road... Carpe Asphalt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 ///M Coupe

Rogue transmission mounts

'Install with the notched tabs towards the transmission brace'. There is a notch in the rubber, not on the top or bottom profile.
Attached Images

03-02-2018, 10:54 AM   #7
coh661
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 Z4 M COUPE  [8.00]
That nub would have been helpful with the install as it would have allowed you to install the mount to the trans first and get it properly located so that the notch in the rubber on the bottom will automatically line up to the trans bracket once that gets put on. The attached picture shows how that nub help locate the mount to the trans
Attached Images

Appreciate 0