ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-01-2016, 02:50 PM   #1
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
SOLD: Stromung Mufflers (unique DKF Hangers available)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
SOLD: Thanks for all of the interest.

For sale is a set of Stromung mufflers for a Z4M coupe or roadster for $450 plus shipping. I bought these just a few months ago from a forum member, and they are in great shape. Tips are excellent. Reason for sale is that I have moved on to a Supersprint Powerloop muffler in an attempt to eliminate some droning I was having in 6th gear under load. As it turns out, the Powerloop produce the same drone on my car, albeit a bit quieter, so I think I have a pipe touching and resonating further up the exhaust chain. You can read my comparison of the two exhausts here via the link, below. The Stromung is an awesome exhaust.
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showpost...7&postcount=53

I have made one modification to the exhaust. I castrated the exhaust and cut their nuts off. Stromung spot-welded a nut to the hangers closest to the tips. This made them incompatible with the DKF hanger, so I removed the nuts with an angle grinder, and smoothed up the surface with a little JB Weld. These can still be used with OEM hangers. It simply requires a nut and lock washer be placed on the end of the same OEM bolt. Many (most?) aftermarket exhausts don't weld the nut. The rear hanger still has the welded nut attached.

I also have DKF hangers that I will sell with the exhaust for an additional $100, but if no interest, will offer separately. I purchased these from a forum member, and discovered they are actually a unique set that works very well with the Stromung to even the tips. One hanger is normal, but the other hanger has a horizontal slot cut in the center mount instead of a vertical slot. These have the upgraded isolators, and I purchased identical replacement vibration/sealing washers that were missing when I purchased the hangers. I paid $150 but will sell for $100 including shipping to Cont. US.

Magicviper expressed an interest in purchasing the exhaust, so he will get first shot at these and the hangers, but if he decides to pass, I'll sell to the next person in line.

I purposely took this photo on an angle to highlight some light surface scratches on the bottom of the exhaust. These are barely visible under most lighting conditions and could be polished out, but I wanted to highlight them for full disclosure and no surprises.

Salty

Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete

Last edited by SaltyNC; 05-14-2016 at 10:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 03:14 PM   #2
Rekla
Hug the road... Carpe Asphalt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 ///M Coupe

Put me 2nd in line for the whole set if magicviper falls through.
      05-01-2016, 03:15 PM   #3
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekla View Post
Put me 2nd in line for the whole set if magicviper falls through.
Thanks, Rekla. Will do.

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 04:18 PM   #4
magicviper
Private
Rep
Drives: -

PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 09:49 PM   #5
i2ichal2dZ4M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BSM Z4MC

3rd
      05-02-2016, 07:48 AM   #6
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Sale pending...
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 07:44 PM   #7
VindieselJetta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4m

Okay, I'll go 4th. PayPal ready to go
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 09:38 PM   #8
Arsonism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

Well I was late to this party, sad I missed out on these.