ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #23
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLeo48 View Post
Wow $800 is expensive! That stuff is worth about $20 a sq/ft. They download the car's vector, cut with a vinyl cutter and apply (using soapy water to position and remove bubbles). Had my ///M done (front, lenses, mirrors and rockers) for $300 Canadian (that's about $25 US).

I had my wife's Lexus IS done a couple of years ago with the same stuff and it has been durable. Makes it real easy ti get the bugs off.

BigLeo

Mine was a complete custom install...looks 10X better than the process you describe. Cost more yes. Looks better and vanishes better hell yes. You get what you pay for. The guy that did mine works primarily on super exotics like Veyrons and etc...Watching the guy work was like art. YMMV.
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 01:01 AM   #24
cruisingdog
Rep
Drives: Z4 2.5i Black

I assume this was a local guy to you ?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 10:34 AM   #25
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Reynolds View Post
Mine was a complete custom install...looks 10X better than the process you describe. Cost more yes. Looks better and vanishes better hell yes. You get what you pay for. The guy that did mine works primarily on super exotics like Veyrons and etc...Watching the guy work was like art. YMMV.
I got a quote of $718 from this place in Champaign. It's a spray on process. The guy removes the whole nose and takes out all the bits before spraying. That price also includes the mirrors and the area just behind the front wheels and just in front of the rear wheels. I didn't bother with the hood. I figure if I do 6" of the hood, the first rock will hit 7" up the hood. Way too much $$ to do the whole hood.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 01:01 PM   #26
SlikM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 BSM/Blk M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingdog View Post
I assume this was a local guy to you ?