ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-21-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
zkeeper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 & 08 Z4 si

Stubby Antenna Help??

Have a 2008 3.0si and wish to replace OEM antenna with the 5" stubby. Have checked as many posts as possible and note everyone has said its a straightforward unscrew, remove and replace. This new car 08 si OEM simply does not wish to come loose..-- tried but no go and rather than mess it up wished to know if there was a "secret" release on this model?? or am I needing a better method?? Thanks on this one...if its piece of cake as they say, its acting a bit stubborn on the cutting of the slice...bests all.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkeeper View Post
Have a 2008 3.0si and wish to replace OEM antenna with the 5" stubby. Have checked as many posts as possible and note everyone has said its a straightforward unscrew, remove and replace. This new car 08 si OEM simply does not wish to come loose..-- tried but no go and rather than mess it up wished to know if there was a "secret" release on this model?? or am I needing a better method?? Thanks on this one...if its piece of cake as they say, its acting a bit stubborn on the cutting of the slice...bests all.
It is just a straight uscrew. Its a new car so it might be a "tight fit".

Last edited by mpower03; 12-21-2008 at 07:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

Shouldn't be any trick to it mine unscrewed extremely easily. Maybe find a dry towel or somthing and apply some man power lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2008, 07:56 PM   #4
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewarlover View Post
Shouldn't be any trick to it mine unscrewed extremely easily. Maybe find a dry towel or somthing and apply some man power lol.
what he said
      12-21-2008, 08:48 PM   #5
zkeeper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 & 08 Z4 si

Thumbs up

Thanks guys...this mod is really nothing, but it WAS a let down when it would not come loose too easy. I shall sally forth and prevail against newness. This is fine, fine car, on heels of our Z3..and there are other mods ahead. But this one was one of those you want to put on, step back and even in this cold this weekend, say...well done, faithful driver. Thanks for tips...shall try again.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2008, 09:33 PM   #6
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E39M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkeeper View Post
Thanks guys...this mod is really nothing, but it WAS a let down when it would not come loose too easy.
I used a bit of the loctite blue as my factory antennae was just about to unscrew itself when I went to replace it.