ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
Doctor Jeff
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4

Almost traded Z4 for 335xi

I say almost. A complicated series of events led to my thought to trade my 2004 Z4 3.0 for a 2008 335xi coupe. One factor is the fact that there is a foot of snow on the ground now and I need a reliable all-year car with AWD.

(I have another car I use for winter, a CRV, but I was going to give that to my daughter.)

I went all the way through getting the loan approved but put it on hold. The trade-in value for my Z4 is not what I would like and the combination of money out of my pocket and higher monthly payments given my current financial situation is just a little too much.

It is a nice car though, space gray exterior with Imola red interior, great condition, ~50K miles. It wouldn't be nearly as much fun in the warm months but for the rest of the year it would be awesome.

I could still do it next week...talk me out of it!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
Walkurie
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 M Roadster / 99 Jaguar XK8

There is a lot to be said about no payments. Sure helps me enjoy my car more. Guess the weighing factor will be what are the alternatives for a vehicle for your daughter. Good luck whatever you decide.
      12-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
h100250
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 2003 3.0 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff View Post
I say almost. A complicated series of events led to my thought to trade my 2004 Z4 3.0 for a 2008 335xi coupe. One factor is the fact that there is a foot of snow on the ground now and I need a reliable all-year car with AWD.

(I have another car I use for winter, a CRV, but I was going to give that to my daughter.)

I went all the way through getting the loan approved but put it on hold. The trade-in value for my Z4 is not what I would like and the combination of money out of my pocket and higher monthly payments given my current financial situation is just a little too much.

It is a nice car though, space gray exterior with Imola red interior, great condition, ~50K miles. It wouldn't be nearly as much fun in the warm months but for the rest of the year it would be awesome.

I could still do it next week...talk me out of it!
Glad to hear also you did not put yourself in the trick bag with payments. I to have a situation a Z4 and a 530i which I refuse to let salt and slick roads cause damage to. So I bought a $800.00 clunker to drive around its not pretty but its reliable always starts has cost me minimal to maintain 'Honda Accord'.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #4
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I actually went from a 335i to the Z4M but then again we don't have to deal with the whole snow thing here so it's my daily driver. Sometimes I miss the comforts of the 335 but not often. If we want comfort we take the EX35.

I've had payments on a few cars but I have learned my lesson and would never buy another car on payments ever again. I use to be the type to get a new car every 2 years or so on payments of course. Now if I cannot afford to buy it in cash I will not buy it, this one simple rule has kept me from doing a lot of stupid stuff. I use to buy new also because I was very picky about colors and options. Never would I have imagined I would be driving a red Z4M convertible! However it was a great deal and you know what? After having it for a year I love it and it doesn't bother me one bit anymore.
Appreciate 0