ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-06-2015, 12:34 AM   #45
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

I live out in the country now too. Brilliant trap--I'm going to run with it! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 07:35 AM   #46
bamarider
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2004 black z4 with 6 speed

I love the bucket trap, will be trying that one myself. Another trick u can try if u want repell them is to take irsh spring or dial soap and place in areas where u want to keep them out. Do this in my rv & shop.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 11:48 PM   #47
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Lol, I had to look up what a voal is.. I was thinking some nasty wombat/weasel/snake looking thing.. suprisingly its like a cute lil mouse.. awww..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2015, 05:55 AM   #48
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
Dude - you are going to laugh, but I live out in the woods and I get mice in my shed bad. Traps work ok, but the BEST trap I was ever turned onto was this simple to make at home trap.

Put about 6-8 inches of water in the bottom of it and smear a little peanut butter on the can and lean something against it (I lean an axe against it for them to climb) and watch them stack up like cord wood.

I caught 10 the first week I put this out. As soon as the temps get cooler, I reload it and away it goes. Have to put water in the bottom of it though as other wise they can jump out believe it or not.

And most dog food is made from dead horses and meat scraps so the smell would be close to a roasting mouse!

Try it before you laugh - it works great and you don't snap your fingers setting it. It also keep working even after one is in there.
You sir are a genius. I believe this finally IS the better mouse trap. Love it. Thanks. Building mine today. But you will now have pissed off my two beagles as their job has been for the part 12 years eradicating mice from the lift...

And just when I was starting to think the internet sucks.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 08:50 AM   #49
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
You are very welcome - I wish I would have learned of it sooner! I have had people see it and laugh at it, but I send it home with them for a weekend and they are a believer! Thing just works!