ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-22-2015, 12:21 AM   #1
CryoEng
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4MC, ZRX1200R

There is oil where?

So I was cleaning up my Z4MC after a 1000 mile road trip on the weekend (several hours of driving in the rain) and was vacuuming the trunk when I decided out of curiosity to look under the the trunk floor panel (I just got the car in spring so I'm still investigating all the nooks and crannies). And I find oil under the panel on the trunk floor. Not a lot of oil, a paper towel was more than enough to clean it up, but enough to make me wonder how that got there. There is no sign of oil on the top of the floor panel so it's not likely from a spill, but everything looks pretty well sealed so I don't know if it could be from underneath.

Anybody out there ever found oil under the truck floor panel?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 12:57 AM   #2
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryoEng View Post
So I was cleaning up my Z4MC after a 1000 mile road trip on the weekend (several hours of driving in the rain) and was vacuuming the trunk when I decided out of curiosity to look under the the trunk floor panel (I just got the car in spring so I'm still investigating all the nooks and crannies). And I find oil under the panel on the trunk floor. Not a lot of oil, a paper towel was more than enough to clean it up, but enough to make me wonder how that got there. There is no sign of oil on the top of the floor panel so it's not likely from a spill, but everything looks pretty well sealed so I don't know if it could be from underneath.

Anybody out there ever found oil under the truck floor panel?
What the heck? I just discovered the same thing in my Z4M Roadster a couple weeks back. I thought it was a spill or something, but noticed it was "dirty" and sure smelled like oil. Made no sense to me how it got there, and I forgot all about it until you just mentioned it. The heck?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 06:15 AM   #3
polar
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: Z4MC07

Maybe its excessive lube from the lock mechanism?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 06:54 PM   #4
sudoer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4 3.0i, 2006 X3 3.0i

Leaking trunk lid struts?
Appreciate 0