ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-22-2018, 07:30 AM   #1
tlav17
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

2000 Z3 M Roadster - Cosmos Black/Kyalami Orange (Rare), 38k Miles, Tastefully Modded

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 23,000.00

Item Interest
NOTE: I am posting this ad for my brother Nick, as he does not have a ZPost account. Please refer to the phone number at the bottom of this post in order to contact him.

2000 Z3 M Roadster
Cosmos Black + Kyalami Orange
1 of 18 North American cars with Kyalami Interior
1 of 22 in Cosmos Black/Kyalami combo
38,xxx Miles
Clean Title, no accidents
Price: $23K w/ Style 42 wheels, 21.5K w/ stock wheels
-------------
I have decided to sell my Cosmos Black over Kyalami Orange 2000 Z3 M Roadster. This is an extremely rare color option, being 1 of 22 North American cars with Kyalami Orange and 1 of 18 in this combo. I purchased the car in June 2015 as the fourth owner from an older gentleman in Ohio who always kept it in a storage facility garage and rarely drove it, but maintained it well. I was told the first two owners were the same, but carfax shows four, for what it's worth. It has also always been garaged (aside for maybe 5% of the time outside under a cover) and personally maintained during my ownership. I am an enthusiast, having owned other BMWs and have cared for it as such. I have put roughly 11k miles on the car in my 3 years of ownership. This is a 2nd car for me so it spends most of its life in the garage on a battery tender. It is in excellent condition, aside from a few relatively minor (and most typical) things which I will detail below. It runs beautifully, the S52 is rock solid and pulls hard. Fluids have been changed regularly, with the oil done every 3k during my ownership. The interior is (almost) flawless with just some minor wear on the driver’s seat. The soft top motor and windows function as they should. AC, Stereo, everything works. The body has zero dents or dings, and just a few imperfections in the paint typical of a car this age. The trunk floor looks fine. I did the following modifications myself so I don’t have receipts, but I do have dealer service records from the previous owner.

TC Kline Single Adjustable Coilovers, 600lb rear springs, 500 lb front springs
Vorshlag Camber Plates
Eisenmann Race Exhaust
Renown 100 Motorsport Steering Wheel
Momo Steering Wheel Hub
Turner Motorsport Strut Brace
Stubby Antenna
Illuminated ZHP Knob
Clear Front Reflectors
3-piece Style 42 (BBS RS 740) – 18x11 et 13 (4” lip), 18x9.5 et 29 (2.5” lip) w/ Pirelli P Zero 295/30, 245/35

I will reinstall the stock steering wheel or stock wheels if you wish, but please do not ask me to reverse other mods. I will include all of the original parts (suspension, exhaust, antenna, wheels etc.). The original Roadstar wheels are in solid condition, with a few nicks here and there. I will update with pictures in a few days but overall they show well. The wheels currently on the car were built by a forum member, TheSauce, and to my knowledge were the first ever 3-piece set of OEM Style 42s (I have seen a few people building similar sets recently). The faces are powder coated in gloss silver and the lips are fully polished. They lips could use a little polish but they still look good. Unfortunately, one of the fronts does have cosmetic damage, about a 2 inch section where the lip is a little curbed. Because they are E39 center bore I do run them with aluminum hub rings, but this hasn’t given me any issues. The fitment on this car are just about perfect for a Z3M in my opinion. The car is low but functional, the coils are all the way down in the rear and about half way in the front. I don’t remember exactly but the camber is around 3 degrees front and rear. It will occasionally rub on the plastic liner in the front when hitting a bump while turning, but it’s nothing crazy. You could raise the front a little and never rub. There are loads of grip from this tire setup. The exhaust isn’t too loud but has a nice growl and makes the S52 sound great. With the top down the driving experience is just awesome.

As does any 18 year old car, it has a few issues worth noting, most minor, typical Z3 issues that you will come across with these cars. I will be as transparent as possible.

• Typical Z3 Seat rocking. The passenger seat isn’t as noticeable but is starting to rock as well. This can be fixed with the bushing mod.
• Typical Z3 Glove Box sag. This was present when I bought it but has not gotten any worse since I’ve owned the car. It bounces a little bit. Definitely not something you notice when driving with the top down.
• The rear view mirror is about 80% covered blue from the internal auto-dim liquid. It has never leaked and has not gotten any worse in my ownership. There are a few places around that will fix this for around a hundred bucks or so if you send them your mirror.
• The soft top cloth itself is in great shape, but the rear window gasket is about half pulled off and missing. It doesn’t leak when washing the car, but I can’t say I’ve driven it in a downpour. The window itself is a little faded and creased from age but isn’t too bad. I’m not an expert on this but it’s probably best to replace the rear window.
• Driver’s Seat Belt Guide is cracked. It still holds the seatbelt, but if you’re not careful/slow when pulling/retracting the belt it will slip out of the bottom since the guide will swivel. This is a cheap item and easy fix, and a cosmetic issue only.
• The woofer speaker is blown and has been since I bought it. You can still turn the bass all the way down and listen to some music, but with any bass eq it will rattle.
• The rear bumper was very briefly melted around the driver’s side exhaust from when I first installed it and it made contact. Not noticeable unless you get down to look at it. I adjusted the fitment lower as a result and it’s fine now.
• There are a few rock chips and scuffs on the front end as to be expected, and a scratch about an inch long on the driver’s door. No dents or dings whatsoever.
• There is an extremely slow leak coming from the transmission. I’m talking really slow – something like a 1-2” diameter spot (not a puddle) on the garage floor over the course of months. Not an emergency so I haven’t gotten to it but it should be addressed in the future.

Rear view mirror

Glove box sag

Seat belt guide

Rear Bumper

Rear Window (I had tape temporarily holding the gasket on just so it wouldn't fall off. It could be cleaned up a bit)

Lip scuffs

Scratch on driver's door

Most, if not all of the items are rather cheap fixes and easily DIY-able. Overall this car looks pretty great for 18 years old. It’s been perfectly reliable and I wouldn’t hesitate to drive this car anywhere. Sadly, I’m selling the car because I just don’t have enough time to enjoy it right now and am looking for something that I can use all year around. I will probably regret this but it feels like the right time to move on. I’d love for it to go to an enthusiast on the board.

The car will include:
OEM Car Cover
OEM Windshield Shade
Stock Exhaust
Stock Wheels and Tires
Stock Antenna
H&R Sport Springs
Stock Shift Knob
Stock Steering Wheel
Stock Reflectors

Located in Central New Jersey. Call or text with serious interest only. I'm in no rush to sell so the price is firm.
908-705-5439
Thanks, Nick

Past: '08 Alpine White M3, '07 Titanium Silver Z4 M Coupe, '04 Imola Red M3 Coupe
Appreciate 0