ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-25-2016, 05:42 PM   #1
FCamacho
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 750Li

Question Replacement Amp, Dice Mediabridge, or DSP?

Hi Everyone,

I replaced my amp a few months ago to resolve a no-sound-from-sub issue. I also replaced my blown sub-woofers. What a difference!

Prior to the replacement I had installed a Dice Mediabridge and Blitz DSP adapter and they worked great...for about a week or so. I think it was the Blitz DSP adapter that failed because everything worked except i could not get sound from my bluetooth connection. That is, bluetooth would connect and the microphone would pick up audio like commands for google and the multifunction button would control my phone. I replaced it with the Grom DSP adapter... same problem, everything works but no sound to the speakers.

When I replaced the amp, I lost my DSP menu. I didn't thin, much of it because I didn't notice any difference in sound... remember I had replaced my subwoofers that the prior amp wasn't even driving so I was really pleased with the outcome... until I went to fix my Mediabridge issues.

Alll my connections are correct, coax cable is connected, all other wires are connected, just no sound from bluetooth sources.

Any thoughts? Is it my "new" amp?

I did search for weeks on this issue so I am here thinking this is a unique issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cisco
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 12:48 PM   #2
MadJap
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4

Did you replace the amp with a new amp? Or was it a used one?
Do you have a changer in place? Does that changer provide sound?
I assume you checked the connection at both ends of the coax (at the DSP adapter and at the amplifer).

Since you went through two DSP adapters without getting sound, those most likely isn't your issue. I would take a closer look at the amp first, and though unlikely, the mediabridge itself.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 04:44 PM   #3
Clearancediver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4

Have same setup.... Read your Mediabridge power up sequence requirements. You need to disconnect the battery (both terminals) and then reconnect. It should work now....