ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-17-2015, 04:09 PM   #45
HEY32G
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 sdrive35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsonism View Post
I feel like I'm missing something here. Either I'm in the right part of Texas or the very wrong part of Texas (both in Central and West). Hysterical none-the-less. I rarely ever encounter these sorts of folks.

Shaky I hope he stumbled back upon it too. No one needs that.
San Antonio here and I'm the OP.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 04:44 PM   #46
Arsonism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

That's crazy! Sorry I missed you haha. Whenever I go down there to visit Eurotic or even just Laz and Owen I'll have to be sure to race some folks. Too many friends in that neck of Texas. If you ever want some peace and quiet apparently you can just move over to Austin. No one races there.
      12-21-2015, 07:53 PM   #47
Bossdog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR Imola Red

This fall I was following a brand new Z06 on a back winding road, clearly another car enthusiast taking in the fall colors on beautiful back roads. He was stuck behind some kind of utilitarian vehicle. I rushed up on him then backed off. We finally came to a "T" he was in the lane turning right and I pulled up to turn left. I turned off the traction control and spun the tires just a bit. It was SO funny, he couldn't tear after me faster, making a left turn from the right lane, racing to catch up to be taunting me to race him. I have yet to meet a Corvette owner not compensating for some other Short-coming in their life. After having some track time, Wanna-be street racer crack me up!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 10:53 AM   #48
HEY32G
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 sdrive35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossdog View Post
This fall I was following a brand new Z06 on a back winding road, clearly another car enthusiast taking in the fall colors on beautiful back roads. He was stuck behind some kind of utilitarian vehicle. I rushed up on him then backed off. We finally came to a "T" he was in the lane turning right and I pulled up to turn left. I turned off the traction control and spun the tires just a bit. It was SO funny, he couldn't tear after me faster, making a left turn from the right lane, racing to catch up to be taunting me to race him. I have yet to meet a Corvette owner not compensating for some other Short-coming in their life. After having some track time, Wanna-be street racer crack me up!
I've always liked Corvettes and was about to get one. The Texas Corvette Club had their big annual meet not too far from me, so I went. I've never seen so many walkers and gaudy chrome pieces in my life. Ruined the desire for a Corvette for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 12:24 PM   #49
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEY32G View Post
I've always liked Corvettes and was about to get one. The Texas Corvette Club had their big annual meet not too far from me, so I went. I've never seen so many walkers and gaudy chrome pieces in my life. Ruined the desire for a Corvette for me.
You should see what the Vette owners say about us. Evidently, the men among us lack testosterone and most of us have a cosmetology license according to that crowd.

Do you know the 18-40-60 rule? When you're 18, you are concerned about what everyone thinks about you. When you're 40, you don't give a __ about what anyone thinks about you. When you're 60, you realize no one was ever thinking about you at all, and everyone is only concerned about themselves. I know that's right!

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2016, 02:11 PM   #50
whatcubed
Private
Rep
Drives: e46 330ci

Here in Houston everyone drives fast as hell on the highways in the first place, but what really gets me are the people in Altimas or Corollas or similar who pull up next to you, already going 80 in a 65, look over, then speed up a lil to go past you. Its like, yeah, you can press the accelerator a bit more, good job!

One time I fell for it though. A Mini Cooper (not even the S!) did that a few times to me, so I let him go a little past me, dropped into 4th and went right on by him. He ended up taking the same exit as me and pulled up at a red light and yelled "what is that thing?"

I think that people just don't know what Z4M's are since there weren't many of them to begin with and they're not that new anymore.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 07:48 PM   #51
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
I'm actually amazed how fast everyone drives these days. I was at a red light last night beside a Prius -- a freakin' Prius, and when the light turned green, they must have floored it. I was shifting at around 5000 RPM and they were out ahead of me. Nuts. Maybe it was a sleeper Prius.

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 11:44 PM   #52
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyNC
I'm actually amazed how fast everyone drives these days. I was at a red light last night beside a Prius -- a freakin' Prius, and when the light turned green, they must have floored it. I was shifting at around 5000 RPM and they were out ahead of me. Nuts. Maybe it was a sleeper Prius.

Salty
This is true, and a by-product of the shift to automatics and more powerful family cars. Most drivers are oblivious. On my commute home, I hit every single red light due to the timing. I have to remind myself that everyone is just trying to get home.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0