ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-04-2016, 11:55 AM   #1
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Feeler: Eventuri CF Intake F/S

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 650.00

Item Interest
Just seeing if anyone would potentially be interested in buying my Eventuri intake some time in the next few months. I plan on purchasing the Evolve CSL style airbox, so I won't need the Eventuri anymore. The intake has been on for less than a year, just a few thousand miles on it since install.

I'll be asking $650 plus shipping when the time comes.

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 12:39 PM   #2
Wolfbeef123
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M Roadster

Definitely Interested
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 02:09 PM   #3
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfbeef123
Definitely Interested
Alright, I'll keep this thread updated with a more specific time frame as soon as I know.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 06:56 AM   #4
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Not trying to sway you either way, but have a look at the Karbonious CSL box.. its identical to the OEM CSL box, software wise id be talking to Epic if i were you.
      06-06-2016, 01:59 PM   #5
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne
Not trying to sway you either way, but have a look at the Karbonious CSL box.. its identical to the OEM CSL box, software wise id be talking to Epic if i were you.
I know initially Evolve had the heel-toe issue with their Alpha-N tune, but since that has been fixed, what are the differences between their tune and Epic's? I already have a an ECU remap from Evolve, so if I were to get their airbox, they are going to provide me with the Alpha-N tune at no cost, which is a pretty decent cost savings, considering.

I'm definitely open to other options, but Evolve has been pretty good to me in the past.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 02:27 PM   #6
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

JMO based on what I have observed here over the years with Evolve.
They are great at getting really good product out and have done a lot of tunes (see GB section)

Where they fall down, IMO is when ever there is an issue they go silent.
Not that they are the only ones with issues, but they seem to turn a deaf ear. (many posts on this)
It took them ages to resolve the h&t tune issue with this mod, with several people left hanging.

Re the tune in your price, it is just that, it's built in.
They will sell ( or at least used to) box only & no tune.
But you may well be right, packaged may be less expensive. (but not free)

Personally, If I was doing this mod I would go the same route as Vanne.

Please note I'm not bashing Evolve, I have their Eventuri and think it's a great product.
I just see many issues posted and none, that I'm aware of, have been posted with the route Vanne took.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 02:43 PM   #7
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
JMO based on what I have observed here over the years with Evolve.
They are great at getting really good product out and have done a lot of tunes (see GB section)

Where they fall down, IMO is when ever there is an issue they go silent.
Not that they are the only ones with issues, but they seem to turn a deaf ear. (many posts on this)
It took them ages to resolve the h&t tune issue with this mod, with several people left hanging.

Re the tune in your price, it is just that, it's built in.
They will sell ( or at least used to) box only & no tune.
But you may well be right, packaged may be less expensive. (but not free)

Personally, If I was doing this mod I would go the same route as Vanne.

Please note I'm not bashing Evolve, I have their Eventuri and think it's a great product.
I just see many issues posted and none, that I'm aware of, have been posted with the route Vanne took.
I should have clarified, they're going to knock about $700 off the price of the kit for me, it would end up just shy of $3,300.

I looked at the Karbonius website, and it looks like a quality product, but it seems as if in addition to buying a separate tune, I'd also have to buy all the additional hardware for fitment/IAT relocation, etc. Or does it come with all hardware, and I just missed it? I'm also a bit hesitant about a company that doesn't have a location here in the states, in case of warranty issues, things like that.

It's a big purchase, so I'm maintaining an open mind until it comes time to pull the trigger one way or another.

Do you have any details on the Epic tune vs the Evolve (fixed) version? I can see how Evolve going quiet when a problem pops up would be aggravating, but it seems like they were dealing with people who had issues one-on-one instead of publicly on the forum. A bit more transparency regarding the issue probably would have gone a long way.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 03:11 PM   #8
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

That sounds like a great deal if they're discounting like that.
And since you have a successful tune with them now, I can see continuing on that path.
I don't have anything specific with one vs the other, except there were some that gave up on Evolve's tune and went further out of pocket to get Epic to resolve matters.

I haven't done any research on the Karbonius costs with lol the associated bits and pieces,
I've just been following what Vanne was doing.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 05:04 PM   #9
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

For what it's worth, the Evolve tune is fixed and functioning properly in all respects on my car. It took a little while to get there but I haven't had a problem in awhile...well, aside from the rpm dip when coming to a stop and taking the car out of gear. I still have that....
      06-06-2016, 07:31 PM   #10
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdnwiwbp
For what it's worth, the Evolve tune is fixed and functioning properly in all respects on my car. It took a little while to get there but I haven't had a problem in awhile...well, aside from the rpm dip when coming to a stop and taking the car out of gear. I still have that....
Hmm, that's disconcerting...

Is Evolve doing anything to fix those issues? And is the RPM dip bad enough to be worrisome, or just slightly annoying?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 08:49 AM   #11
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

It was disconcerting at first but at this point it's just a minor annoyance. It only happens when coming to a stop and taking the car out of gear to idle (and as, I believe Rob, contributed it seems to be only after the car is warmed up). I wish it didn't happen but most of the time it's a small dip. Only a small handful of times has it dropped low enough to shutter a little. But, yeah, it'd be great if they could fix it. I just kinda gave up.
      06-07-2016, 10:54 AM   #12
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Wow, thats impressive Dom, there changing your maf-ed tune for free to maf-less, that really is AWESOME!!! thats as you said, a no brainer.

i like both boxes, but wish the Evolve box could use the proper CSL filter, but i hear great things about quality of build from lots of Evolve box owners.

Yeah theres a list of parts needed to buy additionally to the box and tune, not sure if that comes with the Evolve box? Glad your going the carbon box route, you'll LOVE it!!