ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #23
RBull
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Sorry to read that. It's a PITA to deal with and a real shame car needs work.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 10:39 PM   #24
lstratos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i

Make it your mission to seek out all green car and leave a mark.. Btw which mall
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 01:22 AM   #25
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Damn. So wrong. So very wrong. And being stuck with the deductible on top of it just makes it suck all the more. Sorry to hear this.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 05:29 AM   #26
Flying Scotsman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 2.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstratos View Post
Make it your mission to seek out all green car and leave a mark.. Btw which mall
That would bring him down to their level "a F@@king scumbag".

Sorry to hear about this mate, i do feel your pain. This happened to me in Scotland just before i moved here. Can't comment on your insurance, not sure exactly how it works here, but back home it would be logged on the cars history if you went through your insurance.
I pm'ed you but got no reply, i know why now. Again sorry to hear about this mate.
Craig
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 06:06 AM   #27
jnkhan82
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 Z4 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soomro View Post
hey Man
sorry to hear that, this news broke my heart
Same here bro.. but it is what it is.. accepting it now.. All I can do is chalk it up to bad luck. Hope everything is well with yah, we'll hangout soon brotha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentric View Post
I'm really sorry, dude, that sucks. I live on the Island as well, and people can be such inconsiderate douche bags. Stay positive, man. Something good will come out of this if you are
Yeah, trying to stay positive.. a new door and fender might be a highlight? but if my insurance rate jumps, then that blows.. but I rather focus on what is vs what could be. I did figure out how to multi-quote on this forum.. that's something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Damn. So wrong. So very wrong. And being stuck with the deductible on top of it just makes it suck all the more. Sorry to hear this.
Yeah, I'm changing my insurance plan to one with a lower deductible after this, $200, I never even thought about deductibles, I use to have all state and they always put you onto the most expensive plan by default so everything would be covered, Geico clearly does not.. but service wise, they've been good, also helpful in dealing with this claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post

Sorry to hear about this mate, i do feel your pain. This happened to me in Scotland just before i moved here. Can't comment on your insurance, not sure exactly how it works here, but back home it would be logged on the cars history if you went through your insurance.
I pm'ed you but got no reply, i know why now. Again sorry to hear about this mate.
Craig
Yeah, I got the PM but figured figured I'd reply over the weekend, but this happened, I'll hit you up during the week. I'm backed up with a lot of client work, since I did nothing this weekend and yesterday.. I have to focus back on work .. Hope everything is well bro

Last edited by jnkhan82; 08-03-2010 at 06:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 06:15 AM   #28
MikeRua
Enlisted Member
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 M Coupe

oh crap man...sorry to hear this.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 06:45 AM   #29
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Dekaliber's suggestion of parking the car with the passenger side towards the curb on an end spot is one that I'ver practiced for years now.

It would be appropriate for all us Canucks here to do a road trip State-side to find this guy and beat him upside the head with a hockey stick to express the un-Canadian-ness and extreme inappropriateness of what he did to your car.

I mean, a man's Z4 is just sacred!!!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #30
lstratos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i

Quote:

Craig
Well, I have about 20 tings on my four door acura, I have never ding peoples car before... but I am getting a little pissed off.. last ding left a 3 inch dent and its rusting..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #31
jnkhan82
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

ah got my car back, I feel whole again. They gave me a life time warranty for color match and quality, which is cool.. I guess if it's honored.

I also put on my new 18" avant garde 310 wheels, no more run flats... what a huge difference.

Will put up pictures soon.
      08-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #32
Flying Scotsman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnkhan82 View Post
ah got my car back, I feel whole again. They gave me a life time warranty for color match and quality, which is cool.. I guess if it's honored.

I also put on my new 18" avant garde 310 wheels, no more run flats... what a huge difference.

Will put up pictures soon.
Glad to hear it, you happy with the repair?, have to see the new wheels mate. What you using in case of a puncture (touch wood)?.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #33
jnkhan82
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Glad to hear it, you happy with the repair?, have to see the new wheels mate. What you using in case of a puncture (touch wood)?.
So far it looks great! Will keep stairing at the paint. The door and fender are new, so I'm mostly concerned about the paint matching. Looks on point so far!

Yeah, we have to link up. I wish I would have got 19's, but damn NYC after winter roads.. It was either get 18's and enjoy my drive or 19's and drive like a snail everywhere. But still.. I'm content with them. I'll put pix up soon, we also need to go cruising.

Soomro, as well. Be fun having 3 z4's driving by..
      08-10-2010, 08:34 PM   #34
SHEEDI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [8.50]
i am very happy to hear that your BABY is back , lets cruise sometimes this weekend,i am off this friday and monday so i have long weekend ,i am ready.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #35
jnkhan82
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soomro View Post
i am very happy to hear that your BABY is back , lets cruise sometimes this weekend,i am off this friday and monday so i have long weekend ,i am ready.
Sounds good, My weekend is pretty slow as well.

As for the spare tire... I'm getting AAA or something with Gieco and tons of positive thinking... lol
      08-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #36
Flying Scotsman
Private First Class
Rep

Yeah i'm game, any day apart from Sunday. Good to meet another member, guys let me know on here or jnkhan82 text me.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #37
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnkhan82 View Post
Sounds good, My weekend is pretty slow as well.

As for the spare tire... I'm getting AAA or something with Gieco and tons of positive thinking... lol
Get a can of fix a flat too, or the BMW mobility system.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #38
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
Get a can of fix a flat too, or the BMW mobility system.
One of the lads here on another thread recommended Dynaplug, or www.dynaplug.com . It consists of a tire repair kit, and you can also get a Dynaplug kit that comes with a portable compressor to re-inflate the tire once you have repaired it. I think you can buy "fix a flat" separately at most any auto supplies store; so a can of that plus a Dynaplug repair kit and compressor - and AAA or CAA - would be a good combination.

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.

Last edited by Huz-Z; 08-11-2010 at 11:50 AM.. Reason: Bad spelling
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #39
Nhopkins1394
Accountant, 1st Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Roadster, Black

Hit & Run

Don't want to hi-jack the thread but this is a MAJOR reason why we need to close of the border from illegal aliens. They don't know how to drive and can't, won't, or don't know how to buy insurance!
My 3 month old pickup got rear-ended a couple of years ago by an illegal from Mexico with no insurance. Needless to say, he didn't stick around for the cops.
Guess who was stuck with the deductible?
I think about this incident every time some politician starts talking about amnesty for illegals!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #40
jumpthewire
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 silver/grey Z4 3.0si

same thing happened to me except they were white and legal.

don't think it has anything to do with race....well maybe the "human" race
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #41
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhopkins1394 View Post
Don't want to hi-jack the thread but this is a MAJOR reason why we need to close of the border from illegal aliens. They don't know how to drive and can't, won't, or don't know how to buy insurance!
My 3 month old pickup got rear-ended a couple of years ago by an illegal from Mexico with no insurance. Needless to say, he didn't stick around for the cops.
Guess who was stuck with the deductible?
I think about this incident every time some politician starts talking about amnesty for illegals!
Thats as ignorant as it can be. You have got to be kidding me with this statement. I've been hit a few times (different cars) and if I could "stereotype" like you have, I can tell you that majority of these people were white and legal and coincidentally all male. I don't disgree with the fact that you were hit but to stereotype based on a solitary incident puts you on a very slippery slope!!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #42
jumpthewire
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 silver/grey Z4 3.0si

^+1
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #43
jnkhan82
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

^^+1

and -1 for Nhopkins1394 I'm very offended about this hi-jacking of the thread...lol
      08-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #44
jnkhan82
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
One of the lads here on another thread recommended Dynaplug, or www.dynaplug.com . It consists of a tire repair kit, and you can also get a Dynaplug kit that comes with a portable compressor to re-inflate the tire once you have repaired it. I think you can buy "fix a flat" separately at most any auto supplies store; so a can of that plus a Dynaplug repair kit and compressor - and AAA or CAA - would be a good combination.
ohh Dynaplug is hot! I must pick one up. good stuff. Thanks Huz

I ran to walmart after chickdr mentioned Fix-a-Flat; but I picked up Slime repair kit instead, It got higher reviews online, and also re-inflates the tire. walmart 6bucks!