ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #1
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
Whose car is this?

I've seen this car pop up on facebook in photos from BMW CCA's Octoberfest that is going on right now (in June?!) and I don't recall seeing this car ever before. Anyone have info on it?

06-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #2
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

That's a BMW Motorsports chassis. Basically, you can buy an MZ4 Coupe, and use it as chassis in white, pay BMW another $250,000, and they'll cage it, strip all interior, add suspension and brakes and wheels and tires and make it into a race car that meets certain FIA class for GTCC or European Touring Car Championship. If it's here in the states, it's likely a BMW NA car.

Unless it's a Studie's (did I spell that right?) body kit. Studie Japan made a fiberglass/composite copy of the BMW Motorsports body panels. There was a green one floating around that was exchanging hands a few years ago. One of the shots makes it look like the car's not caged (plus the Motorsports Chassis does not have the standard wheel and dash layout) makes me suspect someone bought that lime-green Studie car and painted it white with stripes.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 03:03 PM   #3
2skiddy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Hi, Not sure it's Motorsport chassis as there isn't a roll cage. Looks like it has the bodywork of the competition car fitted on to a modified shell, seen a few photos of this car before. Looks superb at any rate, bet it's even sexier in the flesh!
Appreciate 0