ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
mbetoni
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z435is

Don't be mad at me, but...

... I have been bitten by the DCT bug. This 'unfortunately' happened at M school driving the new M3. I therefore am strongly considering purchasing a new E89 Z435is, which I test drove and the DCT in that is good enough for me. I am aware of the pros and cons (trunk space, storage changes, turbo, etc), just can't shake the pull of what the new car offers all around.

If I do, it will mean the sale of my current 2008 E85 3.0si. As some of you may recall, this is my second Z4 (first was an '05, also bought new) that I purchased new in April of 2008, build date is 11/07.

Factory options are Sport Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, HD Radio, Extended Leather, M Seats and 18" 108 wheels. My additions are dealer installed OEM wind blocker (integrated insert type, not leather cover), M steering wheel, ZHP shift knob, stubby antenna, BMW logo valve stem caps and a seamless SpecDock install (through AUX input, no DICE, etc).

This car has slightly under 17,000 mostly highway miles on it. It's Sapphire Black Metallic over Saddle Brown with Brushed Aluminum trim. It's been lovingly cared for following the old school maintenance schedule (all documentation available) including 1200 mile oil/MTF change, yearly oil/filter, and interval-induced brake fluid, coolant, and differential fluid changes. I have both keys and everything that came with the car (manual, bluetooth key, tools, carpet mats, etc). I also have OEM rubber floor mats and the Nat Geo Ultimate Factories Z4 edition, if there's interest for that to go with the car.

This car has seldom seen rain, never seen snow, and in general has only ever been driven on sunny days when its warm. It's heated garage kept, and it's never had any paint or body work done save one paintless dent removal of which there is no remnant of. It rides on OEM original tires and brakes of which there is both plenty of tread and pad life left. The exterior and interior have been maintained with Griot's suite of products, including the engine (which is immaculate). One wheel did have a minor scuff at one point (my fault) which was immediately repaired back to like-new, again documentation available. At my most recent service (brake fluid, differential fluid, oil) the tech mentioned that I still had factory-filled washer fluid up - when I thought about it, I've never used the washer fluid. Probably used the wipers themselves three times in 4+ years.

The original plan was to keep the car forever: hence the maintenance/upkeep schedule. Pics are here (bottom of the long first post) if you'd like to see, car still looks like this.

I'm posting this here to do some early phishing and see if there's any interest. Most likely would be starting the process in late Feb/early March, just thought I'd put the feeler out here first to see what's what for now. Loose plan is to order the new one, have it built, and sell this one in the between time. I'd much rather see it go to a fellow enthusiast who will continue the care I've started vs. anyone off the street.

Lemme know, gents (and ladies).
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
GammaZeta
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1

35is is a wonderful car.

No one would be mad at you for getting it. I even had my eye wander now and then.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

I fell in love with the DCT with the E92 M and the M school as well. It's a really cool technology.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Hey, it's your car. It's what you want.

So, if you do this, GLWS.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
i personally would rather get a 135is with the dct over the e89

edit
and i recognize the price is close to the 1m but the 1m isn't available so it's moot in my books

Last edited by 3002 tii; 12-10-2012 at 06:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

^this
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
strokeZ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 M3 6MT

Porsche Boxster S with PDK (same as DCT) and launch control with a DME (ECU) flash (to remove the stock de-tune) and never look back. I know what you are thinking but it is one helluva car over the E89 all day long. Also agree with the 135is over the E89.
Appreciate 0