ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #243
STIHLBOLTS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

Garage List
2020 Z4 M4.0i  [5.00]
Good luck with the Del Sol - It is a nifty little car and makes a better DD than the M.

Happy Motoring

2013 335is E93
2018 X5 35d
BMWCCA / ZSCCA Member
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #244
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Thanks for the honorary Z4 lifetime membership!!

I drove the sol to work for the first time today and it was sweet! I can't believe that a $4k 20yr old car could be so fun and drive so nicely. Even the interior has held up so well. I drove older SLKs, Boxster, Miatas, etc. and they were only 10 years old and didn't hold up nearly as well. Interior pieces chipping, faded, etc. The del Sol looks almost identical to the one I drove 10 years ago. It's pretty awesome.

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #245
Z4MLover2012
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4M Coupe

Garage List
Congrats on the Del Sol! I have owned a ton of Hondas and they are cheap to upgrade and maintain.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #246
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Congrats on finally selling the car. Makes me sad, because you wrote such a poignant article at insideline about your car---you really brought it to life.

Hopefully, you will come back to a z4m soon.

With regards to the del sol, you could have done a lot worse. Plus, at 5 dollars or close to 5 dollars or whatever it is in Cali nowadays, you will smile a bit (or at least cringe less) every time you fill up.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #247
gcochard
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
It's 4.79 around here for premium...
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #248
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Wow! It was only 4.51 last Friday when I pumped in Costa Mesa.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #249
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
ugh. i can't believe i missed this; just stumbled on this forum. i have been looking for a SBM z4m coupe since last May.

best of luck to the new owner! i'm jelly!!!

the del sol is very fun to drive, even the base version with the 1.5 is a blast, though sols are suprisingly hefty. and the del sol vtecs in good condition will always command a bit of a premium. nice choice. just make sure to keep that paint protected from the sun with a nice sealant, wax or coating - that black likes to cause clear coat failure ; )

i'll see you at honda-tech!
Dude....Seriously?!!!
This thread has been up for over a year. Probably the longest for sale thread in the history. Gotta lurk a little harder. Good luck in the search!

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #250
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Car was just taken away. I cried for 10 minutes straight. I'm so glad it's going to a good home though, and it's actually returning to only a few hours away from it's original stomping grounds in Iowa.

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #251
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 27 BMWs...and counting

Garage List
Thanks to your inspirational for sale thread, and genuine love for the Sepang Coupe, I had to have one too! Just got a real nice '06 with decent miles (27K). Thanks Nikki!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #252
driveslikeagirl
Rep
Drives: '06 Sepang Bronze M Coupe

Can't believe I missed this...

I wasn't even remotely thinking about BMWs in February of this year. But now I am, and this would have been the perfect car for me. Words can't describe how sad I am that the timing was off!

Not only am I local, but my friend and LeMons teammate Jay works at the same company as Nikki. My 240SX is almost exactly the same color--Infiniti Beryllium. And now to top it off, someone else just got a Sepang Bronze in Arizona a few months ago! ARGH! Two out of 68 sold in a couple of months! How long am I going to have to wait for mine now? Since I've seen this, no other color will do!

I've invested lots of time and money in my brown 240 and one of the things I will miss most when I sell it is the color. That won't be a problem with the SBM Z4MC. I'll be watching here for the next one. It shall be mine. If any of you see one for sale elsewhere, alert me please!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #253
v3.2mc
Not a New Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: with both hands and both feet

Garage List
2007 ///M Coupé  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by driveslikeagirl View Post
...I'll be watching here for the next one. It shall be mine. ...
welcome to zpost! certainly keep watching the classified section as that's a great place to find quality z-related items. you'll need to be seriously diligent though if you're set on sepang... it seems as though the color has made a huge forward stride in the mass fad dept. BMW's new "sparkling bronze metallic" that is available on nearly all current chassis is nearly identical, and is selling fast (at least here in IA).

GLWSearch!
-eric
#1498E86 | Sepang Bronze | Dark Sepang Leather | Carbon Leather Trim
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #254
E85 Sport
who is this noob
Rep
Drives: from Spartanburg

Great kinship in this thread.

As a future (maybe Sepang) M Coupe owner, I hope to find a car that has been so lovingly maintained.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 12:58 AM   #255
driveslikeagirl
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3.2mc View Post
welcome to zpost! certainly keep watching the classified section as that's a great place to find quality z-related items. you'll need to be seriously diligent though if you're set on sepang... it seems as though the color has made a huge forward stride in the mass fad dept. BMW's new "sparkling bronze metallic" that is available on nearly all current chassis is nearly identical, and is selling fast (at least here in IA).

GLWSearch!
-eric
Thanks!

I'm an early member of the Brown Car Appreciation Society on Facebook.

Yeah, brown has definitely become a current trend color and is showing up on new cars quite a bit. This worries me because it increases the competition.

I will be diligent. My bf already has a Google Alert set up for me! Totally bummed that Crazed List got shut down though...

Any tips on where else to look? Autotrader, Bimmerforums, Roundel magazine? I've been wrapped up in the Nissan world for the last 10+ years and BMW is pretty new to me. I haven't shopped seriously for a car for 6 years, either!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #256
STIHLBOLTS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

Garage List
2020 Z4 M4.0i  [5.00]
It is a beautiful color combo. I passed a Z3 in the Bronze that was for sale several years back before I got my first Z4. It was the color that turned my head. I should have went back and checked it out and by the time I did it was sold and gone. I have not seen it in my area again. I have seen one Bronze Coupe come through South Georgia this year and those are the only two times I have seen that color. In 2012 at Zfest there was one lone Z3 in Bronze and no Z4's. I don't remember seeing any this year, but I will double check my picture when I get home. There were a fair number of the bright Canary Yellow Z3's they looked really sharp too.

Best of luck getting a hold of one.

2013 335is E93
2018 X5 35d
BMWCCA / ZSCCA Member
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #257
tennman
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Thanks!

I will be diligent. My bf already has a Google Alert set up for me! Totally bummed that Crazed List got shut down though...
Try this to replace Crazed.

http://www.searchtempest.com/
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #258
Geauxkart
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe Sepang

Not just 2, but 3 gone. I got one in May.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #259
v3.2mc
Not a New Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 ///M Coupé  [10.00]
Geauxkart
Chamberlin
goomanchu
Z4MLover2012
v3.2mc

...all since January.

anyone else?

Last edited by v3.2mc; 10-02-2012 at 03:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #260
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wasn't even remotely thinking about BMWs in February of this year. But now I am, and this would have been the perfect car for me. Words can't describe how sad I am that the timing was off!

Not only am I local, but my friend and LeMons teammate Jay works at the same company as Nikki. My 240SX is almost exactly the same color--Infiniti Beryllium. And now to top it off, someone else just got a Sepang Bronze in Arizona a few months ago! ARGH! Two out of 68 sold in a couple of months! How long am I going to have to wait for mine now? Since I've seen this, no other color will do!

I've invested lots of time and money in my brown 240 and one of the things I will miss most when I sell it is the color. That won't be a problem with the SBM Z4MC. I'll be watching here for the next one. It shall be mine. If any of you see one for sale elsewhere, alert me please!
Aw, don't worry you will find one, it did take me a while to find mine. That's funny you know Jay, I keep meeting people at work I know from online and people online that somehow know me from work, it's crazy! Your 240 sounds really sweet. That's another car I would have considered as a replacement if I hadn't found the del Sol so quickly. Enjoy it and I'll let you know if I see any Sepang coupes come up for sale. Definitely set up an Autotrader alert, they'll send you emails every day or week. Good luck!

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #261
driveslikeagirl
Rep

5 since January! Well, maybe I won't have to wait that long if this trend continues. Right now it's all black, black, black, black, silver, white, and grey. (Actually, it looks like there are only 48 Space Grey Metallics?? Less than Sepang?)

That's okay, it gives me time to fix the problems with my car so I can enjoy driving it while I have it, and so it'll be ready to go right up for sale when the SPM shows up.

Thanks for the tip on searchtempest.com, tennman. Looking now! And I set up an Autotrader alert today as well.

Enjoy your beautiful bronze M Coupes, everyone. Hope to be joining the club soon!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #262
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 27 BMWs...and counting

Garage List
Quote:
Geauxkart
Chamberlin
goomanchu
Z4MLover2012
v3.2mc

...all since January.

anyone else?
....and I gotta say, about 90% of the reason I now have a Sepang Coupe is from Nikki's for sale thread!!! Thank you dear Nikki!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #263
v3.2mc
Not a New Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 ///M Coupé  [10.00]
100% the reason for me!

well... maybe... more like... 100% the reason why my wife said i could get it.

seriously, nikki... erin and i owe you what these yellow-faced fellows have --->
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 01:58 AM   #264
driveslikeagirl
Rep

Quote:
100% the reason for me!

well... maybe... more like... 100% the reason why my wife said i could get it.

seriously, nikki... erin and i owe you what these yellow-faced fellows have --->
You are so lucky!

So....... I found one. Posted September 10th in Toronto, Canada. Did someone here already buy it? I haven't heard back from the poster, so not sure if it's sold. But selling a car like this heading into fall in Canada? Can't be easy, right?

It's Sepang, brown interior, heated seats, no nav... speedo is in MPH, but I don't know if that means it originally came from the US or not.

Too bad the exchange rate sucks!

Am I jacking this thread?
Appreciate 0