ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-19-2017, 08:45 PM   #23
Jtos
Rep
Drives: 2007 interlagos m coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2twins View Post
Agreed about the other transaction it is superfluous. Mr Tostado is understandably curious. Suffice to say the car arrived with a substantial defect and now title is being withheld in an effort to avoid financial responsibility for the defect. Since it is plausible that Jahen Tostado didn't know of the defect I agreed to his offer to split the cost of repair. That is the last agreement we had.
You also agreed to pay for the PPI and you didn’t pay.
You’ve had the car and done numerous upgrades to it and still haven’t even paid me for the car. Be a man and explain yourself. I’ll wait...
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 08:51 PM   #24
bdn3d
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4m Coupe/ Mini Cooper S

I handle financial transactions everyday and despite what each of your stories are, this all comes down to the bill of sale. I would hope the seller sold the car "as is" considering the PPI and a friends "in person" inspection. That said shipping a car that distance has risk, so the damage could have legitimately been done during shipment. Nevertheless, the minute the car was received it's the buyers responsibility to inspect. If he drove the car as you guys are stating he automatically assumes responsibility. Going back to the seller and trying to get them to pay for something is pointless. Just pay the difference, take your bad ass car and go have fun with it! You both have made mistakes but caulk it up and move on.

My .02 cents
3002 tii2272.00
      11-19-2017, 08:54 PM   #25
Jtos
Rep

Quote:
So according to Jahen, he agreed to sign over the Title but now says he never agreed to mail it...
Seriously
What? Why would l not mail it?? It’s signed and ready to be mailed but you won’t pay off the car. If l send it to you NOW that l know what kind of person you are, l have nothing and am out thousands if you decide to never pay it.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 08:56 PM   #26
WickedNy
Get Some
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4 3.0si

Garage List
07 z4 3.0si  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdn3d View Post
I handle financial transactions everyday and despite what each of your stories are, this all comes down to the bill of sale. I would hope the seller sold the car "as is" considering the PPI and a friends "in person" inspection. That said shipping a car that distance has risk, so the damage could have legitimately been done during shipment. Nevertheless, the minute the car was received it's the buyers responsibility to inspect. If he drove the car as you guys are stating he automatically assumes responsibility. Going back to the seller and trying to get them to pay for something is pointless. Just pay the difference, take your bad ass car and go have fun with it! You both have made mistakes but caulk it up and move on.

My .02 cents
Whs...imo both kinda sound like a bickering couple he said she said stuff
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 08:56 PM   #27
Jtos
Rep

Quote:

My .02 cents
Exactly, if you don’t want to pay the PPI and notaries and rush title fees l paid for fine but at least pay off the car before you go modding it and claiming it is damaged.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 09:06 PM   #28
bdn3d
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4m Coupe/ Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtos View Post
Quote:

My .02 cents
Exactly, if you don’t want to pay the PPI and notaries and rush title fees l paid for fine but at least pay off the car before you go modding it and claiming it is damaged.
To be honest I cannot even believe you paid for a PPI. You are selling a car. If someone wants it, that should be their responsibility. They woke up wanting a car you own, they go to sleep making you pay money for a car they still do not own? Unless you advertised and offered one... anyway like I said, hot Karl, needs to pay what he agreed. Or just report it stolen and see how that goes. Good luck
MOEDARE140.00
      11-19-2017, 09:07 PM   #29
mrocket
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster

Buyer should not have accepted/signed for car from shipper if it arrived with damage (other than what the seller documented or others documented before shipper took temporary custody of car during shipping process). If the buyer then drives the car ~200 miles afterwards further cements
that acceptance of the car's condition. The reasonable thing to occur now is to have a neutral party handle the exchange of the title and the $7k.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 09:34 PM   #30
Jtos
Rep

Quote:
To be honest I cannot even believe you paid for a PPI. You are selling a car. If someone wants it, that should be their responsibility. They woke up wanting a car you own, they go to sleep making you pay money for a car they still do not own? Unless you advertised and offered one... anyway like I said, hot Karl, needs to pay what he agreed. Or just report it stolen and see how that goes. Good luck
l paid it trusting he was gonna pay me back as he is in Hawaii, he then went on to post my PPI and receipt on this forum with all my personal info too. Who does that?
l trusted him too much and now he doesn’t want to pay the car off but is buying parts off YOU guys so here l am warning you.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 09:35 PM   #31
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

SO GLAD he wasn't interested in my car. Good luck seller, this guy smells like fish.
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2017, 09:47 PM   #32
Jtos
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
SO GLAD he wasn't interested in my car. Good luck seller, this guy smells like fish.
He has no shame. Who buys a car and only pays 80% of it, drives it for 200 Plus miles, waits til he thinks the title is on the way and now decides he won’t pay the rest because of mysterious damage?
Seriously
PayPal me the rest of the balance and have your title overnighted, regain some of your “reputation “ Carl.
Appreciate 1
MOEDARE140.00
      11-19-2017, 09:56 PM   #33
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

For f**k sake, deal with this sh*t privately. By airing your dirty laundry both of you look like douches.

I don’t often put people on ignore but y’all just earned a one way trip. JFC.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 3
WickedNy225.00
KevinM2931.00
Finnegan701.00
      11-19-2017, 10:36 PM   #34
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Somebody call Judge Judy
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 10:52 PM   #35
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
Somebody call Judge Judy
More like a segment of Judge Mathis.

Both parties slander the crap of each other, then get down to their small claims court case.
      11-19-2017, 11:56 PM   #36
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 12:04 AM   #37
Over it
Mad Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: car

The issues were all documented including a video walk around.
Thanks

Last edited by Over it; 11-20-2017 at 01:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 12:36 AM   #38
Over it
Mad Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: car

Its a mystery to me why a dishonest seller is being backed?

I should have used an escrow company, lesson learned

Seller did not mention paint was peeling off the bumper.

It's not scraped off, it's falling off.

The agreement calls for the seller to send the title to receive the balance. He has not done so and it is beyond me why anyone here thinks that is acceptable?

For those of you that think its ok not to send the title, after I did exactly what our contract called for, I wonder why?

Last edited by Over it; 11-20-2017 at 12:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 07:25 AM   #39
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:

The agreement calls for the seller to send the title to receive the balance. He has not done so and it is beyond me why anyone here thinks that is acceptable?

For those of you that think its ok not to send the title, after I did exactly what our contract called for, I wonder why?
The agreement also calls for you to pay for the PPI and you have not. As you are in Hawaii, what leverage would he have if he sent you the title? I seriously doubt you would send the 7k + cost of PPI you owe once you have it. I don't see how you could possibly think you are in the right - the car was PPI'ed, you had someone inspect it before shipment and you drove it 200 miles before complaining to the seller. It is all on you now. Repainting a bumper isn't anywhere near $7k and the car was sold AS IS unless you have it in writing. It isn't a brand new car....

You have a car in your possession on an island for which you agreed to pay 30k and have only paid 23k and he is dishonest?
Appreciate 7
3798j11167.00
kaybat125.50
XMetal1096.50
AriuSen776.50
ried791.50
      11-20-2017, 07:34 AM   #40
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
The agreement also calls for you to pay for the PPI and you have not. As you are in Hawaii, what leverage would he have if he sent you the title? I seriously doubt you would send the 7k + cost of PPI you owe once you have it. I don't see how you could possibly think you are in the right - the car was PPI'ed, you had someone inspect it before shipment and you drove it 200 miles before complaining to the seller. It is all on you now. Repainting a bumper isn't anywhere near $7k and the car was sold AS IS unless you have it in writing. It isn't a brand new car....

You have a car in your possession on an island for which you agreed to pay 30k and have only paid 23k and he is dishonest?
I absolutely agree.

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 08:20 AM   #41
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
^chicdr summed it up. Buyer...fulfill your obligation. You're coming across as a slimeball.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 10:59 AM   #42
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Since trust is clearly broken on both sides at this point, why not just use this Title Collection service. It's just $60. Be done with it.

https://www.escrow.com/cars/essentia...ion-service-60

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 11:06 AM   #43
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:

This just falls under the risk of buying sight unseen. And if the paint issue didn't come up in the PPI nor during your friend's inspection, not sure what else you expect seller to do. He fulfilled his side of the deal and you're calling something out after the fact. Who's to say it didn't get damaged during transport or even under your ownership?

Sending a car without full payment is beyond me but seller did so on good faith. Why would anyone give up the title if there's still a sales balance due? It's crazy you were already able to take delivery of the car to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
Since trust is clearly broken on both sides at this point, why not just use this Title Collection service. It's just $60. Be done with it.

https://www.escrow.com/cars/essentia...ion-service-60

Salty
My thoughts too, both parties are clearly at risk of losing significant amount of time and money. What's an extra $60 or whatever the cost is to ensure this deal closes.
      11-20-2017, 11:42 AM   #44
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

The buyer should pay the agreed-upon $7,000 to the seller immediately. Even if we accept for a moment the highly dubious claims of undisclosed paint issues on the bumper, at a cost of $1,000 for a bumper respray, the buyer gets a damn fine Z4M coupe for a cost of $31,000. That's not a bad day, particularly as these cars are going UP in value.

And to be brutally honest, I see no photo or video evidence here to support any claim that the car arrived with damage, anyway.

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0