ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
Ixice
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4

BSW out of business?

Anybody know if BSW went out of business since they never answer the phone or respond to emails?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Loogey Clapp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si

Are you referring to Bavarian SoundWerks? If so, I have had email conversations with Halston and Jeremy over the past few weeks to see if I could get an extra pair of speakers. I received a shipment notification from them on the 12th. Looking at the tracking #, it is scheduled to arrive Thursday. I would say they are still in business.
      04-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
MHeavNC
Turd in the Punch Bowl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i /// 2008 M Coupe

A couple months ago they responded promptly to an email I sent them.. They said that an upgraded amp was still on the table for the E85/E86. Halston Pitman an was the one who emailed me back.. He said that they are still looking to release it this year..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
Ixice
Registered
United_States
Rep

Yes, Bavarian SoundWerks is who I was refering to, I have tried to contact them numerous times over the past week and they have never answered the phone and have yet to reply to email.

I don't suppose anyone knows if the Sirius radio they use is "a la carte" compatable..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #5
portugee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixice View Post
Yes, Bavarian SoundWerks is who I was refering to, I have tried to contact them numerous times over the past week and they have never answered the phone and have yet to reply to email.

I don't suppose anyone knows if the Sirius radio they use is "a la carte" compatable..
I ordered some parts from them a couple weeks ago. Even had to RMA a defective DSP adapter back to them so I'm pretty sure they're still around.

You don't have to get the Sirius radio from them. It's the SCC1 model tuner that you are looking for that is compatible with the Dice Duo or Mediabridge.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #6
Ixice
Registered
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by portugee View Post
I ordered some parts from them a couple weeks ago. Even had to RMA a defective DSP adapter back to them so I'm pretty sure they're still around.

You don't have to get the Sirius radio from them. It's the SCC1 model tuner that you are looking for that is compatible with the Dice Duo or Mediabridge.
Yeah, I finally heard back from them, but they had never heard of "a la carte". Apparently very few have. The "a la carte" package is $7.99 a month, as opposed to $14.99 or $17.99 a month. I figured I would only listen to a few channels so I was trying to avoid the higher charges. Halson said he never heard of it, and to contact Sirius for an answer. Unfortunately Sirius farms their tech support out to India, and when I called "Jack", aka Rasheed, first he said yes, the SCC1 was, but when I asked him if was sure he recanted and said it was not. I'm pretty sure he had never heard of "a la carte" either.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #7
portugee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i

According to thier website the "a la carte" package is only compatible with the starmate 5 and stratus 6 radios.

http://www.siriusxm.com/subscriptions/alacartechoices
Appreciate 0