ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-22-2012, 04:38 AM   #23
Yeggman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 s3.0i 6MT

Beautiful!!! Congratulations. Get the car cover, it is mandatory :-) everything else on your list is optional. I purchased the NOAH cover from carcoversdirect.com and am very pleased. Unscrew the antenna and on goes the cover.

You've done a good thing on this one.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #24
ANUSTART
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Picked up the 2.5 on Monday! Love the car. I've never seen a used car in this good of shape. I can't find anything wrong with it. The entire car looks brand new... no joke. I really feel like I got lucky finding this car. I haven't had much time to drive it. It's got run-flat tires so the ride is a little stiff. Anyone replace their run-flats and what are you doing about no spare? I wouldn't replace them until the tread was used up, but replacing them with regular tires is something I might consider. I had run-flats on my old 2007 328i and I never liked how stiff they were and how they liked to jump in and out of the grooves in the road. It's got the 17" Sport Package wheels and I actually like them. I kinda like the fatter tire. It gives the car that classic roadster look IMO. I'm not sure what 18" wheel I would go with if I do decide to replace these... maybe 135s. So here's a pic I took of the car. Anything I should have looked at since the car has been sitting around so much? It's been garaged its entire life so the paint, seals, etc., still look new. I want to get the engine detailed. I might do it myself if I can't find a good place to do it. It's not really dirty, it's just got a lot of dust on everything. I've already ordered a new shift knob. I might pick up a car cover since I don't plan on driving it much until spring.
Congrats! Looks awesome!

If you love it now, you'll love it more with regular tires. Those run flats are like granite. I went with the Continental DWS because it was a year round daily driver. You can put together a compact spare or buy one already put togetther online. I have mine in a bag in the trunk. Here's mine...
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthre...ght=Spare+tire
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #25
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogzilla View Post
Congrats! Looks awesome!

If you love it now, you'll love it more with regular tires. Those run flats are like granite.

Ditto!!! Lokks great!!!

I went with Hankook Ventus V12s, but I think any conventional tire will be much more to your liking when the time comes.

I have a small compressor and tire repair kit in my trunk. But I think next year I'l get the Canadian version of AAA. How many times would you really repair a flat tire on the side of the road? I think most folks would call for assistance.

By the way, my car has 18 inch Style 108 rims, in case you were wondering how that size wheel looks on the car - lots of pics in my album. There are lots of nice wheels available like the Apex ARC 8 which I think is a so-called "CSL" reproduction. The OEM BMW 18 inch ellisoid wheel (style 107) is one of my faves too. Its a solid casting too, unlike my 108s which are two piece bolted wheels. So, less corrosion / cleaning issues on a one piece rim.

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #26
pmmjarrett
Retired Paratrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Sport

Congratz on the new ride.

I carry a Slime brand kit with the compressor I picked up at Walmart for about $20. And anything that it can't patch up to get me moving off the side of the road will get towed in.

Appreciate 0