ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-27-2014, 05:20 PM   #23
UntzUntzUntz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M2 Comp

They actually CAN'T do the tri-color. Only one color of the ///M. Someone said you can put gel inserts to illuminate different colors however.

Not exactly sure how to feed power but I'll take a guess that you have to connect it with the courtesy lamp. That way it'll illuminate only when the door opens.

So after saying that, the count probably dropped lol.
Depending on who's still interested after that, only two people I know are in for sure. Think we can get 8 more? Lol
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #24
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntzUntzUntz View Post
They actually CAN'T do the tri-color. Only one color of the ///M. Someone said you can put gel inserts to illuminate different colors however.

So after saying that, the count probably dropped lol.
Depending on who's still interested after that, only two people I know are in for sure. Think we can get 8 more? Lol
Depending on how the thing is put together, you should be able to slide something like this between the cutout and the light source. The photos don't really show if the illuminated part is flush or set under the cutout. I would just cut down the gels to sandwich between the light source and the metal part and get the white backlight for the M. These flash gels would let you customize the color to what you want for the standard colors or even German flag colors with the tinted gel in the pack.

http://www.adorama.com/ROSK.html?utm...urce=adl-gbase

I was looking at these sills a few months ago, unfortunately it just isn't in my budget at the moment.

Last edited by Nate4641; 10-29-2014 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 0