ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #1
Jeff A Jensen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster

Wanted- Z4 M Sport Seats Dark Sepang Bronze

Would like to trade my Black Z4 M Roadster sport seats, power heated, in excellent condition for a pair in Dark Sepang Bronze.
Willing to buy out right if you have a set and don't wish to trade.....

Pm if you have a set......
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 08:11 AM   #2
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
good luck man! these things are very very rare

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 08:43 AM   #3
v3.2mc
Not a New Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: with both hands and both feet

Garage List
2007 ///M Coupé  [10.00]
a good upholstry shop should be able to recover your existing seats in a damn-near-identical color. it may be cheaper as well.
#1498E86 | Sepang Bronze | Dark Sepang Leather | Carbon Leather Trim

Last edited by v3.2mc; 02-05-2014 at 04:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #4
Jstic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4 3.0i

PM sent
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 11:11 PM   #5
Jeff A Jensen
Enlisted Member
Rep

BUMP...................
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 11:44 PM   #6
SDCoupe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

My local auto upholstery shop will do it for $850 and they come out gorgeous. They get their leather from globalupholstery.com so you can see if they have your color. Rare colors they may not have, and then you are stuck with a much more expensive alternative. I know leatherz.com carries a lot of rare leather but it's expensive. Your local shop my have a supplier with your color.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 09:54 AM   #7
Jeff A Jensen
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for info......it doesn't look like either offer Dark Sepang Bronze LSD6
which is the color I am looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCoupe View Post
My local auto upholstery shop will do it for $850 and they come out gorgeous. They get their leather from globalupholstery.com so you can see if they have your color. Rare colors they may not have, and then you are stuck with a much more expensive alternative. I know leatherz.com carries a lot of rare leather but it's expensive. Your local shop my have a supplier with your color.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #8
v3.2mc
Not a New Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: with both hands and both feet

Garage List
2007 ///M Coupé  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff A Jensen View Post
Thanks for info......it doesn't look like either offer Dark Sepang Bronze LSD6
which is the color I am looking for.
try looking for LTD6... it's the same color.
#1498E86 | Sepang Bronze | Dark Sepang Leather | Carbon Leather Trim
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 01:57 PM   #9
Jstic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4 3.0i

Quote:
I'm on the east coast so I don't know anything about your local upholstery shop in SD. But I can tell you that I took my M seats to a guy(Dave) in Watertown, CT and he told me that the nappa leather, or walknappa that BMW uses is a very high grade leather and the cost of just the materials could be close to $1k. He can do a much cheaper leather for $300 in materials only. The leather used on the M seats is much smoother and a bit thicker than the Oregon leather used on the non M Z. I never knew about the difference in leather quality before I spoke to Dave. Everything from the original leather hide to the dye and treatment process is much better with quality leather and this translates to how long it will look good and last.

It might be worth it to check with your guy to see what grade of leather he is using for $850. I also wonder if that includes installing the BMW heater units, which are sewn into the backside of the leather with a thin layer of foam between. I was also told that this would take time and increase the price a bit. If your guy is matching BMW quality and workmanship for $850, that is a great deal.

Last edited by Jstic; 02-15-2014 at 09:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 02:30 PM   #10
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

Quote:
What shop did you use? The one I used for a different project did a very unimpressive job so it would be nice to find a good shop in the area.
      02-16-2014, 12:36 AM   #11
SDCoupe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

I used a shop called Jim's Auto Upholstery down here in San Diego. They are popular with the e28 crowd. I had a pair of sport seats for my '88 535is recovered in black. It wasn't easy because they have parallel sticking all the way down the seats that needs to be sport-on straight. Anyway it came out great and the fresh leather smell was intoxicating. But it can depend on who is doing the work that day. I've heard some folks that did not have as good of experience. Also, if you want the finest leather, and absolute perfection, then maybe another shop is best. These guys usually do "A" work in my opinion, but if you want "A+", then there are other shops out there I imagine. I was happy though. On another occasion, they did a pair of head rests for the rear seats (euro option only). These came out "B+" grade because I noticed some stitching was less than parallel. Maybe because it was a small job and they let a junior tradesman do the work, idk. I was still happy though cuz it was only $150 for both.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 08:45 PM   #12
Jeff A Jensen
Enlisted Member
Rep

BUMP............
Appreciate 0