ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 325i

Considering Z4M

So the time has come for a new car! I have been looking around! And i feel BMW has lacked looks on a lot of there new cars! So the Zm looks amazing with a nice drop and wheels!

I would not be getting it vert!

Just would like a quick review on what you think about the car! Do you love it? Is it exciting? I drove the e92 m3! And its fast but boring!!!!

Also this would not be my main car. I have an e30 m50 swap with bbs rs!

Thanks!
      11-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
jragan
Imola Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Imola Red M Coupe

You need to drive one and feel for yourself. We're all biased here and you'd be hard-pressed to convince us we don't drive a rarer, cheaper, version of the Porsche GT3.
      11-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 325i

Do you ever feel as its to small?
      11-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #4
Rustycat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: z4mc

Living with the Z4 M coupe

If it is to be your only car, then, yes, I would consider it too small--although I have a friend that has a Z3 as her only car and it works. But, that aside, I can't imagine having it as a sole transportation choice.
That being said, it puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

The Z4 M comes very well suspended. Handling is amazing for stock. Only coilovers I would consider are the KW V3 and the drop is only 5/10mm. Only posers change suspension components for aesthetic reasons. Truly, the Z4 M is one of the only cars I've ever driven that the stock suspension is just about perfect. The brakes are quite good too. The best money spent on the car is a rear diff change. Even the OEM wheels are quite nice. Real CSLs also look great on the car, or BBS LMs or RG-Rs. I would never consider anything else (or BBS CH if on a strict budget).

THe Z4 M is a true sports car. The M3 is not. The drive is very different. You strap on the Z4 M. You get in the others. As Rustycat said, you smile every mile. It's also a rare BMW and is one to hold onto long term. And those that complain about the 1st to 2nd gear grind don't know what they're doing. I know several Z4 M owners who have sold the car due to their inability to not grind 2nd gear.
      11-02-2009, 10:43 PM   #6
Z4MCJJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

I love my Z4M Coupe...mine has been fairly heavily modded(suspension, headers, ECU, wheels, tires, straight pipes, etc)...I use it primarily at the track. It can hang with almost any car...ie: corvettes and vipers on twisty tracks....

However, I have recently purchased a track dedicated vehicle, gutted, light, with roll cage to abuse. I was at a crossroads -- continue modding....cage, FI, etc....but decided for the price of my suspension, wheels, tires...I got a purpose built track car. I will likely be using that at the track now...but the Z4M is still my baby.

You will love the Z4M coupe.
Appreciate 0