ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-19-2017, 01:46 PM   #1
Jtos
Rep
Drives: 2007 interlagos m coupe

Forum members beware of fraud

Hi all, just want to help prevent anyone from going through this terrible experience on selling A forum member an M Coupe.
October 10, he calls me and tells me he’s interested in my car and puts a $1k deposit on it after agreeing on the $30k sale price. He also suggests l pay for an escrow service to handle the money but l say not to having to pay for anything and suggest he find an easier way pay off the car to save him that $500.
October 16, he has me take the car in for a PPI at the dealer and never pays me back for it.
October 22, he has his friend Ken fully inspect the car for paint flaws and finds none.
October 23, we sign the bill of sale and have it notarized and overnight it to him. Also doesn’t pay me back for it.
October 24, he pays off the loan of $23k. He also asks me to tape up the front end with tape to prevent damage. l send him pics and videos and he is satisfied with it.
October 24 7pm, he has a transport service pick the car up from my garage. He also wanted me to pay for this and l refused.
November 12, he sends me a picture of the M Coupe with brand new wheels and tells me he went on a 200 mile drive in it. He never mentions receiving the car with any damage at all.
Nov 17, l received title, sent pics of it signed and offered to send it via ups next day air but l was ignored until 10pm as he hoped l just sent it. He now answers me and has me call him. He tells me he received the car with a damaged front bumper from “not only the tape he had me put on but also the rest of the bumper”. Now he’s refusing to pay me off the rest of the $30k he owes me because he’s “not satisfied “.
l now have the title in hand and haven’t sent it because we agreed I’d get paid off once it is signed. He still refuses to pay me.
Guys please beware of this in the future.
The guy involved has a post about needing advice on buying a car and it being time sensitive.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 02:09 PM   #2
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Sucks to hear, not sure why you didn't get the full asking first. Handing over the car after satisfying just the outstanding loan portion seems risky. Some transactions are just not worth the hassle.
      11-19-2017, 02:18 PM   #3
Jtos
Rep

This was because he wouldn’t budge. He wanted the title and the car but wouldn’t come to California (he’s in Hawaii).
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 02:26 PM   #4
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtos View Post
This was because he wouldn’t budge. He wanted the title and the car but wouldn’t come to California (he’s in Hawaii).
Then tell him to pound sand, keep the car, and sell it to somebody else. This sucks, but you really set yourself up here. There's also no way in hell I'm paying for stuff to get done to the car for sale. Always sold AS IS.

Best of luck with everything, I hope you get all the money which you're deserved.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 02:26 PM   #5
Jtos
Rep

The buyer is welcome to show us all his side or proof on here. l have the messages and pictures proving everything.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 04:11 PM   #6
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

I think you need to engage a good lawyer very quickly.
Appreciate 3
Vanne1593.00
wdb4673.00
      11-19-2017, 04:16 PM   #7
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
I think you need to engage a good lawyer very quickly.
I second this very fast, get yourself ready asap. Don't want to see an enthusiast on this fourm getting F'ed over by some d-bag. http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1431254 here is guy..
2021 M2 Competition DCT Hockenheim Silver

Last edited by WeekendWarriorz; 11-19-2017 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 04:50 PM   #8
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
I second this very fast, get yourself ready asap. Don't want to see an enthusiast on this fourm getting F'ed over by some d-bag. http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1431254 here is guy..
Two sides to every story, before we start name calling let's hear from the other party.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 04:54 PM   #9
PLCZ4MC
Proud E86M Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M Coupe Monaco Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
Yeap I think that is the guy too. He looked like a nice man. Can't really know how people are by words & posts!...

However for the Seller, a advice for the future. Private sales should be done as "SOLD AS IS" & Local too if possible.
If he wants to do all those things he should show up his face. I would it have cancel the sale from October 16.

Really hope you can get this problem solve.
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R Plasma Blue (SOLD)
2008 Z4///M Roadster Space Gray (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 05:11 PM   #10
Jtos
Rep

Like l said, he’s welcome to plead his case. I’m driving out of state so l can’t resize the messages l have from him at the time.
And yes my lawyer is on it.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 05:14 PM   #11
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Two sides to every story, before we start name calling let's hear from the other party.
Agreed.

But the buyer has some explaining to do to get me on his side.

The car was inspected by buyers friend before shipping and okayed.

Damage to the bumper is most likely the fault of the buyers shipper.

Even if the seller caused the damage, the buyer withholding $7000 for a repair that can likely be done for around $2500 max is unreasonable.
Appreciate 2
NickyC17356.00
      11-19-2017, 05:37 PM   #12
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtos View Post
Hi all, just want to help prevent anyone from going through this terrible experience on selling A forum member an M Coupe.
October 10, he calls me and tells me he’s interested in my car and puts a $1k deposit on it after agreeing on the $30k sale price. He also suggests l pay for an escrow service to handle the money but l say not to having to pay for anything and suggest he find an easier way pay off the car to save him that $500.
October 16, he has me take the car in for a PPI at the dealer and never pays me back for it.
October 22, he has his friend Ken fully inspect the car for paint flaws and finds none.
October 23, we sign the bill of sale and have it notarized and overnight it to him. Also doesn’t pay me back for it.
October 24, he pays off the loan of $23k. He also asks me to tape up the front end with tape to prevent damage. l send him pics and videos and he is satisfied with it.
October 24 7pm, he has a transport service pick the car up from my garage. He also wanted me to pay for this and l refused.
November 12, he sends me a picture of the M Coupe with brand new wheels and tells me he went on a 200 mile drive in it. He never mentions receiving the car with any damage at all.
Nov 17, l received title, sent pics of it signed and offered to send it via ups next day air but l was ignored until 10pm as he hoped l just sent it. He now answers me and has me call him. He tells me he received the car with a damaged front bumper from “not only the tape he had me put on but also the rest of the bumper”. Now he’s refusing to pay me off the rest of the $30k he owes me because he’s “not satisfied “.
l now have the title in hand and haven’t sent it because we agreed I’d get paid off once it is signed. He still refuses to pay me.
Guys please beware of this in the future.
The guy involved has a post about needing advice on buying a car and it being time sensitive.
Sounds to me like the car cost him $23K and the title is going to sell for $7K.
      11-19-2017, 07:00 PM   #13
Over it
Mad Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: car

Jahen Tostado of Ontario California

Not sure why Jahen Tostado chose to post this here.
He sent me the link to this thread, I suppose in an effort to bait me. I am not going to comment other than to let everyone know that Mr. Tostado's representation is incomplete. This not an accurate representation and the funds are not withheld for the reason stated.
There is complete documentation of what is actually happening. Mr. Tostado says that he is suing in civil court. I suspect he will not as he has not completed his obligation.
My reputation here is important to me and I would encourage any member that has an interest or is concerned to contact me directly.
I have had one transaction on this forum, It was with RossBMWZseries for H&R springs. We completed the transaction and had a couple of excellent conversations on BMW performance.
I trust that folks on the forum understand that Jahen's comments are hearsay and that he joined this forum not to contribute but rather to create controversy. It is easy to present information out of context and distort the truth. this is what Jahen has done.

I have been a member of Supra Forums(in2twins) and RX7Club(Carl Byck) for over 15 years each and have transacted tens of thousands of dollars both as a seller and a buyer on both forums without incident or even disagreement.

Given the disagreement and lack of connection to the forum, I trust the Admins will investigate and lock this.

Thanks, Carl Byck
808-747-0138

Last edited by Over it; 11-19-2017 at 07:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 07:34 PM   #14
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by in2twins View Post
Not sure why Jahen Tostado chose to post this here.
He sent me the link to this thread, I suppose in an effort to bait me. I am not going to comment other than to let everyone know that Mr. Tostado's representation is incomplete and is not an accurate representation and the funds are not withheld for the reason stated.
There is complete documentation of what is actually happening. Mr. Tostado says that he is suing in civil court. I suspect he will not as he has not completed his obligation.
My reputation here is important to me and I would encourage any member that has an interest or is concerned to contact me directly.
I have had one transaction on this forum, It was with RossBMWZseries for H&R springs. We completed the transaction and had a couple of excellent conversations on BMW performance.
I trust that folks on the forum understand that Jahen's comments are hearsay and that he joined this forum not to contribute but rather to create controversy. It is easy to present information out of context and distort the truth. this is what Jahen has done.

I have been a member of Supra Forums(in2twins) and RX7Club(Carl Byck) for over 15 years each and have transacted tens of thousands of dollars both as a seller and a buyer on both forums without incident or even disagreement.

Given the disagreement and lack of connection to the forum, I trust the Admins will investigate and lock this.

Thanks, Carl Byck
808-747-0138
2 sides to every story but 1 smooth transaction over h&r springs isn't the same as buying a car. You can either post your version or not (wouldn't blame u if u didn't if there's a pending lawsuit) but it's certainly not the admins' jobs to investigate anything neither.
      11-19-2017, 07:41 PM   #15
Jtos
Rep

lock this? Hey so why aren’t you paying for the car? Show us our text messages or “documentation”. Let’s see it.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 07:46 PM   #16
Jtos
Rep

Can I email our message history to someone and have them post it on here? l honestly have no clue how to resize screenshots.
And buddy, this is what forums are for, to help each other so we don’t get screwed over by people.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 07:48 PM   #17
Over it
Mad Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: car

Here
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 07:53 PM   #18
Jtos
Rep

Start from the beginning bud, don’t skip to when l gave up arguing over the phone. Show everyone everything or show everyone nothing.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 07:54 PM   #19
Jtos
Rep

Substantial defect? But it was good enough to drive 200 miles and sign for it at the dock huh?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 08:02 PM   #20
Jtos
Rep

Parts of the conversation
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 08:16 PM   #21
Jtos
Rep

Here is what we agreed to, obviously he thinks l was gonna send him the car and the title and hope he pays me. He now has shown that he will not pay me the balance because he drove the car 200 miles.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 08:17 PM   #22
Jtos
Rep

Sorry for the terrible pic resizes, I’m so frustrated right now.
Appreciate 0