ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
Kim Schwartz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 128i

motor mounts etc.

Well I just had the vibra tec motor mounts, Rogue transmission mounts and CDV installed and the set up really works well. The shifting is much more consistent and the clutch feels smoother and more versatile. I may be hallucinating but the shifter seems to have less play as well. There is a little more vibration at neutral but no more noise, or if there is more noise it is only at higher RPM's and it is a nice noise. The vibration is still less than the S2000 I had years ago.
At some point I still need to find a proper short shift for it. I have a BMW SSK in what is now my wife's 128i and that is a delight to use. From what I read here, the Rogue SSK has fitment issues in reverse and the UUC DSSR doesn't always fit ( what is it like without the DSSR?) And the Auto solutions one is not available. The stock shifter is okay as it is but......
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Thanks for the feedback. I will have pretty much the same setup (vibra tec motor mounts + Rogue transmission mounts) by tomorrow. Hope these VT mounts lives up to all the hype
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
marinb
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 911 GTS

I have a brand new Auto Solutions short shifter from the last group buy that I did not install. PM me if you want it.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #4
Krypptic
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92M, GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinb View Post
I have a brand new Auto Solutions short shifter from the last group buy that I did not install. PM me if you want it.
Trust me, you want it.
Appreciate 0