ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
View Poll Results: What would you choose? BOth are 19's
LM REPS 3 23.08%
V710 10 76.92%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

01-09-2009, 07:19 AM   #1
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

NEED HELP!!

I am buying a set of wheels. I need help between buying the VMR v710 and LM REPS. I just want to know what you would choose based off of design.
Thanks
      01-09-2009, 07:50 AM   #2
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Don't buy LM reps.... First off I am not a fan of a company ripping off one of the best wheels designs ever especially when the replica has fake bolts to make it look like a real three piece. Second and most important they are heavy so unless you want to decrease the performance of your car (which it seems you don't since you have an rpi scoop) I wouldn't buy them. The V710s at least are a real good looking wheel that while based on a HRE wheel design does not look totally the same. Also it is a one piece wheel so it doesn't have the fake bolts like the LM reps have.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

It would be difficult i understand, cause i think good LM reps with red bbs center caps will look super good on our cars and the cost is no where near a real LM. However LM reps don't seem to have good build quality. On the other hand V710 will be siginificantly stronger due to its one piece cast design and it will also look very good on our cars. Putting into the consideration that V710 cost 300bux less than leman's LM reps i would take the v710 if i have to buy from one of the two. However why not go for some used VOLK?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #4
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep

the lm reps don't weigh a lot, the fronts are 24 pounds, and the backs are 25. The v710 actually are the heavier set. I love volk wheels, but i can't justfy spending that much on wheels, plus i need these wheels asap. My car is going to be sitting on jacks until i get wheels. As for useed volks, i would like to do that but i can't find any. That had me narrowed down to the lm reps and v710. I really don't care about it having fake bolts. I just like the design of the BBS LM and HRE P40. I happened to find to replica wheels of the for the exact cost. They both look identical to the real ones.
      01-09-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
koala
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW M Coupe

I'm sorry but 24 and 25 lbs is a lot. At least if performance is a concern.

I've seen the replica LM's in person and they're really not identical looking, although they do look nice.
      01-09-2009, 06:23 PM   #6
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
the lm reps don't weigh a lot, the fronts are 24 pounds, and the backs are 25. The v710 actually are the heavier set. I love volk wheels, but i can't justfy spending that much on wheels, plus i need these wheels asap. My car is going to be sitting on jacks until i get wheels. As for useed volks, i would like to do that but i can't find any. That had me narrowed down to the lm reps and v710. I really don't care about it having fake bolts. I just like the design of the BBS LM and HRE P40. I happened to find to replica wheels of the for the exact cost. They both look identical to the real ones.
Hey go there if u are looking for volk M3forum.net there are lots of volks and M3 has the same fitment as our cars. They are cheap too u can get a very good set of te37 for just two grand and thats tires included. There are lots of them as E46 owners love them. I am sure u will be able to purchase a set in no time. Probably even faster than getting the reps from the vendor?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #7
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep

hey thanks, ill go check it out, the te37 are one of my favorite wheels.
      01-09-2009, 08:31 PM   #8
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by koala View Post
I'm sorry but 24 and 25 lbs is a lot. At least if performance is a concern.

I've seen the replica LM's in person and they're really not identical looking, although they do look nice.
Yeah my buddy has a set on his e46 325 and they don't really look identical... infact the fake bolts really stick out. Plus he weighed them and I can say one thing... don't trust the weight that they say they are. I think his worked out to around 28lbs for an 8.5 so I would think based off that a 9.5 would be around 29/30 lbs. You would be much better off with a set of used volks. Search the e46fanatics.com classifieds.... tons of good deals on wheels. There was a set of Work VS-XX's going for $2000 with tires yesterday.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 09:26 PM   #9
jra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2005 z4

you can get inexpensive quality (volks, bbs, kinesis, hre, oz, etc) m offset used wheels on e46fanatics.com all of the time
Appreciate 0