ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Z4 DIY (Do It Yourself) Articles
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-06-2011, 04:55 AM   #1
asirvr4
Private First Class
Oman
Rep
Drives: '06 M Coupe VRS Blue

Hazard Lights

My hazard lights are ON all the time if I switch to DIM or Headlight, and they blink when I use my right/left indicators.

All working fine and normally, but I would like to inverse that and make it light up only when using right/left indicators.

Another things, my daytime ring lights are ON all the time, i would like them to be on only when switch at DIM or Headlight.

Please help, any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 03:25 AM   #2
asirvr4
Private First Class
Oman
Rep
Drives: '06 M Coupe VRS Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by asirvr4 View Post
My hazard lights are ON all the time if I switch to DIM or Headlight, and they blink when I use my right/left indicators.

All working fine and normally, but I would like to inverse that and make it light up only when using right/left indicators.

Another things, my daytime ring lights are ON all the time, i would like them to be on only when switch at DIM or Headlight.

Please help, any ideas?
Anyone understood what I mean?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
v3.0si
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Z4C 3.0si

here in the states, the ambers below the headlamps are on whenever the low beams or parking lights are activated. there is a possibility that you can have your SZL (light control module) reprogrammed for ECE specs, which would force the ambers off untill you use a turn indicator or the hazard switch. i belive starscream has a thread for just this type of thing.

the inner halo ring DRL can be turned off by a dealer. the car has to be hooked up to either their ProgMan or their ISIS through the car's personal settings. from there it's also possible to adjust the one touch turn indicators, sensitivity of the light sensor that activates the headlamps, key memory settings, and few other features.

and welcome to zpost!