ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-12-2017, 07:38 PM   #1
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ///M3

Yokohama Advan ad08 255/35/19 pair

Hey all i have a pair of Yokohama advans 255/35/19 they have pretty good life left and they are just sitting in the garage, if anyone is interested in them they are all yours for 300 or best offer, They are directional tires as well. Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 04:19 AM   #2
mad-dog
Rep
Drives: Z4 Coupe, Z3 Roadster

Can you tell us about the AD08? Did you like it and why are you selling them? What will be your next ones?

Regards,
Max.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 02:59 PM   #3
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-dog View Post
Can you tell us about the AD08? Did you like it and why are you selling them? What will be your next ones?

Regards,
Max.
Well my rears were shot but my fronts still have great life in them. I wanted to get another pair of these for my rears but everywhere i called told me they are discontinued, i am not sure if this is factual? anyways, i wanted to switch to a less aggressive daily driving tire and the MPSS was the best out there according to my research so i went with them. The ad08 are pretty sticky from what i have experienced, and they are not a cheap tire by any means. Overall they performed well. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 06:17 AM   #4
mad-dog
Rep
Drives: Z4 Coupe, Z3 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siajoon View Post
Well my rears were shot but my fronts still have great life in them. I wanted to get another pair of these for my rears but everywhere i called told me they are discontinued, i am not sure if this is factual? anyways, i wanted to switch to a less aggressive daily driving tire and the MPSS was the best out there according to my research so i went with them. The ad08 are pretty sticky from what i have experienced, and they are not a cheap tire by any means. Overall they performed well. Thanks
Here in Germany they discontinue the AD08 but now there is the AD08R. Same looks, different compound is what they say.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 10:11 AM   #5
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Use the R version on track, really consistent lap times, holds up to heat well and stiff sidewalls. Other super street may be cheaper but don't think they'd last as long as these, not without a drop in grip at least.