ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-26-2023, 05:15 PM   #1
Zipper06
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4

Question Chewed wires

Got sensor error code, went to replace it and found a few missing wires. Rabbit or squirrel I'm guessing from leaving car outside this summer.
Doesn't look like enough for wire left to repair on the lower coolant sensor plug, and not even sure where the cable went from the right side panel stub left. Attaching pictures. Can I get a new harness plug? Couldn't find anything on realoem.
Suggestions? I'm worried there may be other wires damaged I'm not seeing.

Actually, looking again, do I just need to connect the coolant sensor to that right side stub and simply repair the upper wires together? That upper section is pretty tight, maybe it was a rat.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2023, 06:37 PM   #2
Zipper06
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4

Found plug here.. hopefully this is all I'll need..

https://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/20...connector.html
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2023, 02:39 PM   #3
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

I had a rat chew the same exact harness in the same place on the body side of the harness at the plastic shroud side. The code I got was 2EEA, which states outlet temperature probe. To get enough wire to repair I had to remove all of that bundle of tape to expose more wire. You'll have to do the same as I did. When I repair chewed wires I butt-joint the wires together (stick the strands into each other then solder the joint. I put heat shrink on the wire before connecting the wire ends together, then once soldered I slide the heat shrink over and shrink it with a heat gun (see link to one of my posts on E90Post). I think the part you specify plugs into the temp probe in the lower radiator hose. I think you also need to repair the harness on the "Sensor f. AUC" (P/N 64116917001) which is the chewed blue, yellow, and brown wires in the top pic. That sensor controls the air flap in the HVAC system when you have the auto-recirculate button activated.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...2#post30535522
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 12-02-2023 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 0