ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #23
Palantirion
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 MC, M5, 540iT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubydafa View Post
rpi sounds like garbage. unrefined and under-engineered imo.

i'm also not a fan of the different sized tips. not only that, but you'll eventually end up with the inner large tips being black while the outer ones look clean.

you get what you pay for.
RPI is actually a very high quality unit. From what I understand Eloy designs his exhausts for maximum performance without consideration to sound style or volume. I don't particularly like the sound or their signature tip style (which derives from their work on Porsches) on a BMW, but I have no doubt that their performance exceeds what else is on the market - including the exhaust on my MC.

I've used their skid plates and intake scoop on my MC and both worked great with noticeable results.
      07-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #24
zubydafa
tosser
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantirion View Post
RPI is actually a very high quality unit. From what I understand Eloy designs his exhausts for maximum performance without consideration to sound style or volume. I don't particularly like the sound or their signature tip style (which derives from their work on Porsches) on a BMW, but I have no doubt that their performance exceeds what else is on the market - including the exhaust on my MC.

I've used their skid plates and intake scoop on my MC and both worked great with noticeable results.
what exhaust do you have on your mc now?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 05:33 PM   #25
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

Quote:
rpi sounds like garbage. unrefined and under-engineered imo.

i'm also not a fan of the different sized tips. not only that, but you'll eventually end up with the inner large tips being black while the outer ones look clean.

you get what you pay for.
i agree with getting what u pay for, but justification for a kreissieg system at over six times the price of the rpis is a bit much. my second choice would've been supersprint race mufflers. i'm more than happy with my rpis
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 06:41 PM   #26
Palantirion
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 MC, M5, 540iT

Quote:
what exhaust do you have on your mc now?
-The BMS exhaust, no longer available. Magnaflow mufflers and tips with custom x-pipe, connections, tips angles, etc.