ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > Canada
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-09-2008, 07:39 PM   #1
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

NHL Playoffs: Which Canadian team will fare the best?

Finally, the real season begins. Who will perform the best? The Senators started strong but they are fading fast. Montréal is a big surprise but Komisarek will be needed badly. Toronto, please!!!

I am not familiar that much with the western teams.

What are your thoughts?

I'll be a homey and say the Habs make it to the conference final and loses in 7 against the Penguins. Crosby + Malkin + Gonchar + Fleury = too much.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
BigLeo48
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Ok Patrice....I bite.

I'll take the the Penguins as long as Fleury plays well. As we all know, goaltending is as important as pitching in baseball. The only team I ever remember winning the cup with a poor goaltender was the Habs with Steve Penney...he was really bad, but had a great defense in front of him.

As for my Sens...they are bruised and battered and I too don't give them much of a chance against the stacked Pens. But when it's over, I will be happy to see Redden go. I was one who really wanted Chara to stay and Redden to go! Also, can someone please tell Spezza that he's not in Novice hockey anymore, so when we tries to enter the zone on a 1 on 3, he doesn't have a chance!!!!!???? He does is 4 or 5 times a game and it's really staring to piss me off.

Good luck to your Habs!
      04-11-2008, 08:33 PM   #3
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Well, I don't know how it is in your neck of the woods but here in Montréal it's complete madness. Last year, everybody were about ready to lynch the russian connection now this year Kovalev could be elected mayor.

Anyway, the people are just craving for a competitive team and a Montréal-Pittsburgh conference would be great. I am leaving Monday for Italy on business for six weeks so I'll miss most of the playoffs.

Ottawa has too many good players to be discarded right away but it does not look good.

Steve Penney, I had forgotten that name. He indeed was not very good. The era after Dryden/Larocque and Patrick Roy saw a motley crew of very average goaltenders for Montréal.

Cheers.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 12:43 PM   #4
BigLeo48
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Well team Canada is looking good a the Worlds!