ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-17-2008, 03:31 PM   #23
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdm4k View Post
I'll take dibs on the scoop if that's the case.
Christ! they're circling already!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 03:48 PM   #24
1st_Knight
'Entwicklung 85 - Zukunft4'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 SMG DINAN S1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerZealot View Post
Article was very interesting, they should've just put this in the Z4 to begin with I've got test out the wazoo this whole week so lets shoot for an SD Z4 meet sometime week of the 24th - 28th?
It might be a somewhat difficult for me during the work week, with the exception of a possible early-evening meeting on a Wednesday (2 hr window open)...lol

I say this, because my wife already knows about & allows me (LOL) to attend the SoCalEuro Wednesday night meetings on Clairemont Mesa Blvd & Mercury Street, which I seldomly go to. However, we can setup and establish another Wednesday meeting location here in SD....or...better yet, what about on Saturday, the 29th??

And if I am not mistaken, somewhere on this forum I had read that there is a gathering at the Irvine Spectrum on that day? In addition, if we were all to attend this gathering, it will provide us the opportunity to meet the other Z4 forum members from the LA & OC area.... Your thoughts on this?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #25
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtoB View Post
yip... i installed my DINAN scoop on my 3.0... pretty simple. snipping the cross bar and pulling off the bumper we're the only stresses. not sure what i'm doing yet... but if i do change my scoop you are second in line... DAMMIT asked already... and i hear he's dead broke, i figured i'd be charitable.
Sweet I'm a charity case!!! WOOHOO!!!

On moster garage they'd call that a Freebee!!!

In all seriousness tho...it'd be fun to hit some back roads with another M one of these weekends...its starting to get nice out

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 04:15 PM   #26
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
Sweet I'm a charity case!!! WOOHOO!!!

On moster garage they'd call that a Freebee!!!

In all seriousness tho...it'd be fun to hit some back roads with another M one of these weekends...its starting to get nice out
just shoot me a PM..
i'm hunting to see if any other dealers have the scoop in stock and on sale... Thompson BMW is fresh out.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 04:25 PM   #27
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

How bout FMW in natick or Tischer?

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 04:28 PM   #28
BimmerZealot
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 xDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st_Knight View Post
It might be a somewhat difficult for me during the work week, with the exception of a possible early-evening meeting on a Wednesday (2 hr window open)...lol

I say this, because my wife already knows about & allows me (LOL) to attend the SoCalEuro Wednesday night meetings on Clairemont Mesa Blvd & Mercury Street, which I seldomly go to. However, we can setup and establish another Wednesday meeting location here in SD....or...better yet, what about on Saturday, the 29th??

And if I am not mistaken, somewhere on this forum I had read that there is a gathering at the Irvine Spectrum on that day? In addition, if we were all to attend this gathering, it will provide us the opportunity to meet the other Z4 forum members from the LA & OC area.... Your thoughts on this?
Irvine Spectrum is quite a drive for a meet, I was thinking something more basic to get the local SD group together, I put up a thread in the California forum, lets take it there and leave this thread to the Dinan scoop topic
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #29
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
How bout FMW in natick or Tischer?
natick doesn't do DINAN... i'll try Tischer.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 05:39 PM   #30
1st_Knight
United_States
Rep

Guys, after reading a few of your replies, I'm really curious, how many of you are actually serious in purchasing the Dinan Ram Air Duct?

If there is enough interest & commitment, "maybe" I can make a few calls around and see if I can get a good price (sort of a GB thing), and we all know wht the retail price is...
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #31
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Guys, after reading a few of your replies, I'm really curious, how many of you are actually serious in purchasing the Dinan Ram Air Duct?

If there is enough interest & commitment, "maybe" I can make a few calls around and see if I can get a good price (sort of a GB thing), and we all know wht the retail price is...
if you can get it for around the price you paid... i'm 100% in.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #32
1st_Knight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Gentlemen...

I tried to find an authorized dealer with a good price but, in an effort to help out help out the Z4 brethren I spoke to Brandon Peckham, the Dinan Representative for Dose BMW Service. They were the ones to install my Dinan Stage 2 Engine software.

Anyways, I spoke to Brandon in depth regarding the interest in this Ram Air Duct, and the best price that he can come up with is $330.00 out the door, not including shipping. It is a benefit for those whom live in San Diego, because you can pick it up.

I was very fortunate to purchase it for the price I paid, as per Brandon, I had paid less than wholesale.

Also don’t forget that there is a 10% Dinan Rebate as well, and it will end on 3-31-2008Thus, for those in SD, the final price after the 10% mail-in factory rebate the final cost would be $300.00...….

Here is the link information…. http://www.dosebmw.com/..

Once again, don’t forget to ask for Brandon Peckham, and please mention that Dave referred you…

Good Luck..

Last edited by 1st_Knight; 03-17-2008 at 10:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 07:30 PM   #33
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Gentlemen...

I tried to find an authorized dealer wiht a good price but, in an effort to help out help out the Z4 brethren I spoke to Brandon Peckham, the Dinan Representative for Dose BMW Service. They were the ones to install my Dinan Stage 2 Engine software.

Anyways, I spoke to Brandon in depth regarding the interest in this Ram Air Duct, and the best price that he can come up with is $330.00 out the door, not including shipping. It is a benefit for those whom live in San Diego, because you can pick it up.

I was very fortunate to purchase it for the price I paid, as per Brandon, I had paid less than wholesale.

Also don’t forget that there is a 10% Dinan Rebate as well, and it will end on 3-31-2008….Good Luck.. thus, for those in SD, the final price after a 10% mail-in factory rebate the final cost would be $300.00...

Here is the link information…. http://www.dosebmw.com/..

Once again, don’t forget to ask for Brandon Peckham, and please mention that Dave referred you…
thank for looking into this!
ac
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 10:01 AM   #34
pbdm4k
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Quote:
The problem is in part to Dinan jacking up all their prices.

My Dinan intake was an ebay special for $225 from Thompson BMW.

Dinan now has the intake priced at $349 up from $299 this year and the scoop is also coming in at a whopping $349 MSRP.

That's $700 + shipping and taxes for an alleged 11hp gain. Ouch.
'03 VW GTI, '99 Audi A4 1.8TQ, '00 VW Jetta 1.85T, '09 BMW 335i xDrive, '04 BMW Z4 3.0i, '01 Audi TT 1.8T, '04 Volvo S80 2.5T
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 02:33 PM   #35
Z4coupe
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 coupe

Quote:

Im serious if it fits my 07 SI. Im definatly in.
Appreciate 0