ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-14-2008, 11:57 PM   #463
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

Hello gays and gals. I have been following the forum for a while and decided to register.

I have a 2005 roadster and I am thinking of trading it with a coupe.. anyways i'll start a thread about it.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 07:11 AM   #464
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerZ408 View Post
Welcome! But why wait a couple of months to post pics?

We wanna see them NOW!
i wanna wait till i get some stuff done it is pretty much stock except for a cdv, carbon fiber roundels, and mini antenna. I just ordered an RPI scoop, and will hopefully get the reflectors painted. I will must likely be lowering the car in the next couple of mohts. so that is why i just want to wait. lol
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 08:19 AM   #465
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
i wanna wait till i get some stuff done it is pretty much stock except for a cdv, carbon fiber roundels, and mini antenna. I just ordered an RPI scoop, and will hopefully get the reflectors painted. I will must likely be lowering the car in the next couple of mohts. so that is why i just want to wait. lol
Before and after shots are always good

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 04:28 PM   #466
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
Before and after shots are always good
i have some picks of my car when i first got it like three months ago. I can post them.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #467
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep

before....

Name:  m coupe 001.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  193.5 KB

for some reason this is the only picture that will upload.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 05:58 PM   #468
jamboMR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MR sold *sniff sniff*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
before....

for some reason this is the only picture that will upload.
Can't keep us hanging like that!!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 06:01 PM   #469
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep

since then. also the interior shot didn't come out very well. it looks kind of purplish in the phot but it is really a deep brown. Looks better in person. Name:  002.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  68.3 KB
Name:  001.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  103.1 KB
Name:  003.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  95.4 KB
Name:  004.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  106.7 KB
Name:  018.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  109.0 KB
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 06:03 PM   #470
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep

sorry for the bad pics it was all i had of the interior and with the red calipers, mini antenna, and cf roundels. I am going to be contacting bimmian about the m logo and get out the black out kit for that.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2008, 07:02 PM   #471
SportLux
Registered
Rep
Drives: Black Truck

Hi, everyone. Just wanted to say, I think this is a great site. I do not currently own a BMW but am shopping around for a slightly used Z4M coupe. Hopefully I can come here to learn more about the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2008, 07:08 PM   #472
BimmerZ408
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportLux View Post
Hi, everyone. Just wanted to say, I think this is a great site. I do not currently own a BMW but am shopping around for a slightly used Z4M coupe. Hopefully I can come here to learn more about the car.
Welcome & good luck with your search! Before I bought mine, I too joined several Z forums, to learn as much as possible about the Z's. I am STILL learning about our cars, these forums are a great resource.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 02:11 AM   #473
gkim3
Tech Support
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07E86MC 04E46M3 054Runner

Just wanted to say hello everyone...
Atlanta, Georgia Here
I have z4mc 2007 & e46 M3 2004 & Toyota 4runner 2005
just retired... 1995 Nissan 240sx
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 09:28 PM   #474
Spartiati
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 M Roadster

New Member.

Hi all. Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. Have been lurking here for a couple months. Just recently sold my PY 2004 M3 Coupe and picked up an Imola 2008 M Roadster 3 weeks ago. All I can say is I am really happy with the decision. Just can't wait to get through the break in period! The M3 was a very good car, but the roadster is just a lot more fun. Will gets some pics up soon, just ordered my first mod, a set of 19" Volk Time Attack CE28n's wrapped in some Toyo T1R 245/275's. Can't wait to get the new shoes on.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 10:22 PM   #475
Gyrian
3.2 liter grin
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

Hello everyone; thought I'd finally check in. I've been reading these forums for months, as research before buying my dream car. I've now owned my M Coupe for a couple of months and could not be happier with the choice, I just can't stop smiling behind the wheel, mile after mile.

I want to thank you all for the impressions you've left here, the passion behind these amazing cars is a part of what drove me to get my own.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 08:52 AM   #476
MerLOW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 05 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2005 Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
New to the forum....looking forward to being part of our little community.
      11-12-2008, 08:52 AM   #477
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Welcome to the insanity!

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 09:14 AM   #478
jragan
Imola Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Imola Red M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrian View Post
Hello everyone; thought I'd finally check in. I've been reading these forums for months, as research before buying my dream car. I've now owned my M Coupe for a couple of months and could not be happier with the choice, I just can't stop smiling behind the wheel, mile after mile.

I want to thank you all for the impressions you've left here, the passion behind these amazing cars is a part of what drove me to get my own.
Hello, Gyrian! Here's some Fort Worth related info for ya...
  1. If you didn't purchase the wheel/tire warranty (and you plan on keeping the Contis on) then go back and get it. Fort Worth roads are hell. I've had the car a year and a few months and I'm about to put my third set of tires on due to road hazards. (Two sets of driver's-side tires were victims of 7th street in front of Montgomery Plaza).
  2. Go to the dealer as little as possible... go to Lonestar Bavarian on Vickery as much as possible. (I go to LoneStar for my Alignments, interim oil changes, tech inspections, and even had them program my BMW Alarm Retrofit kit after I installed it).
  3. Get involved at HPDEs at Motorsports Ranch (Porsche club is the best, followed by Drivers Edge and Apex Driving Academy). Absolutely the best way to learn our little beasts and the track, being fairly tight, is excellent for a stock setup (and there are no walls anywhere, just nice grassy run offs).
  4. Get an aggressive alignment performed and maximize the negative camber in front. Helps tremendously with the under-steer without affecting the tires much (in fact some report that it actually evened-out their wear).
  5. Let me know where you're going to be...we can't both show up to the same party wearing the same car.

Last edited by jragan; 11-18-2008 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: mis-spelling
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 11:40 AM   #479
Gyrian
3.2 liter grin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragan View Post
Hello, Gyrian! Here's some Fort Worth related info for ya...
  1. If you didn't purchase the wheel/tire warranty (and you plan on keeping the Contis on) then go back and get it. Fort Worth roads are hell. I've had the car a year and a few months and I'm about to put my third set of tires on due to road hazards. (Two sets of driver's-side tires were victims of 7th street in front of Montgomery Plaza).
  2. Go to the dealer as little as possible... go to Lonestar Bavarian on Vickery as much as possible. (I go to LoneStar for my Alignments, interim oil changes, tech inspections, and even had them program my BMW Alarm Retrofit kit after I installed it).
  3. Get involved at HPDEs at Motorsports Ranch (Porsche club is the best, followed by Drivers Edge and Apex Driving Academy). Absolutely the best way to learn our little beasts and the track, being fairly tight, is excellent for a stock setup (and there are no walls anywhere, just nice grassy run offs).
  4. Get an aggressive alignment performed and maximize the negative camber in front. Helps tremendously with the under-steer without affecting the tires much (in fact some report that it actually evened-out their wear).
  5. Let me know where you're going to be...we can't both show up to the same party wearing the same car.
Thanks for the info! It's very reassuring to have a local who already knows what's around. I'm thinking of doing the Zeckhausen CDV mod and was needing a shop recommendation; Lonestar Bavarian could pretty much be it. The alignment tip sounds real interesting, too.

Definitely agree on the roads; I did end up getting the tire/wheel warranty since I skipped on my Mini and paid the price with 3 flats and one bent wheel in little over a year... The price of an OEM wheel for our cars is definitely scary.

I'm eager to learn better driving on what the M Coupe can offer; there's been talk of a track day with some co-workers and friends. We're likely speaking of the same track, too.

As for showing up with the same wheels, we'll have to do that sometime, at least get a picture of the twin cars! I presume yours to be the evil twin; I've still got plenty to learn on mine.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 08:48 AM   #480
jragan
Imola Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Imola Red M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrian View Post
Thanks for the info! It's very reassuring to have a local who already knows what's around. I'm thinking of doing the Zeckhausen CDV mod and was needing a shop recommendation; Lonestar Bavarian could pretty much be it. The alignment tip sounds real interesting, too.

Definitely agree on the roads; I did end up getting the tire/wheel warranty since I skipped on my Mini and paid the price with 3 flats and one bent wheel in little over a year... The price of an OEM wheel for our cars is definitely scary.

I'm eager to learn better driving on what the M Coupe can offer; there's been talk of a track day with some co-workers and friends. We're likely speaking of the same track, too.

As for showing up with the same wheels, we'll have to do that sometime, at least get a picture of the twin cars! I presume yours to be the evil twin; I've still got plenty to learn on mine.
Wow yeah the CDV should have been top on my list. I just pulled mine out altogether. This is a very doable-yourself item, but if I were to have someone else do it, Lonestar Bavarian would be it.

Noticed in the other thread you said you saw me on Hulen...do you remember which wheels I was running? I recently got a screw in one of my tires so I switched out for my track wheels while awaiting my new Direzza StarSpec rubber. There's nothing like driving around the city on R-Comp rubber (especially when it's getting near freezing).

As far as tracks go, Motorsport Ranch (MSR) in Cresson, is the closest. Whether you're enrolled in a session out there or not, its a nice drive to get there and on most weekends there's something fun going on that will get your blood going. As far as basic instruction goes, I would reccommend doing a day with Apex Driving Academy first...They do a lot of classroom and really focus on safety first. I hear good things about Drivers Edge, but I have no personal experience with them.

Just finished a conversation with a friend of mine (adam12hicks on the various z boards) who has a z4M Roadster (and previoulsy a z3M Coupe) and helped me with my CDV removal and alarm install...He said he'd do both of yours as well for a "big bottle of Grey Goose Vodka." So if you're interested, there ya go! But you'll still need to take it somewhere with a computer (Lonestar) to get it programmed.
      11-26-2008, 06:04 PM   #481
Gyrian
3.2 liter grin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragan View Post
Wow yeah the CDV should have been top on my list. I just pulled mine out altogether. This is a very doable-yourself item, but if I were to have someone else do it, Lonestar Bavarian would be it.

Noticed in the other thread you said you saw me on Hulen...do you remember which wheels I was running? I recently got a screw in one of my tires so I switched out for my track wheels while awaiting my new Direzza StarSpec rubber. There's nothing like driving around the city on R-Comp rubber (especially when it's getting near freezing).

As far as tracks go, Motorsport Ranch (MSR) in Cresson, is the closest. Whether you're enrolled in a session out there or not, its a nice drive to get there and on most weekends there's something fun going on that will get your blood going. As far as basic instruction goes, I would reccommend doing a day with Apex Driving Academy first...They do a lot of classroom and really focus on safety first. I hear good things about Drivers Edge, but I have no personal experience with them.

Just finished a conversation with a friend of mine (adam12hicks on the various z boards) who has a z4M Roadster (and previoulsy a z3M Coupe) and helped me with my CDV removal and alarm install...He said he'd do both of yours as well for a "big bottle of Grey Goose Vodka." So if you're interested, there ya go! But you'll still need to take it somewhere with a computer (Lonestar) to get it programmed.
Pulling out the CDV sounds tempting, but I'm more comfortable with replacing the part for Zeckhausen's (for the time being).

I only really caught a glimpse of you @ Hulen, but my best guess is that you were then running the stock wheels. I remember how striking that second or two was, because I was basically staring at my own car!

MSR is exactly the track I was thinking of. I'd like to stop by on a random weekend and see for myself, since that track day hasn't materialized yet.

Wow, thanks for checking that with Adam! I might take him up on it, just need to get some parts ordered ;D
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #482
JamesinIT
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C / Z4 3.0si

Hi all, just got my new to me baby on black friday:

At any rate, she is a 2006 3.0i w/sport, auto, tan leather, alarm, 10 speaker, bluetooth and has about 22K miles on the clock.

Already did the Roadster Solutions windscreen and will be installing the blitzsafe XM adaptor this weekend.

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 08:52 PM   #483
Dieter
http://www.dkclassifieds.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black Sapphire Z4M

New drive here

Hello all,
2006 Z4 M with 10 000 miles

Last edited by Dieter; 02-06-2009 at 08:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2008, 10:47 PM   #484
andrewj7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 Coupe (#40) w/Nav,Sprt,Prem

Just got my hands on a Z4 Coupe, can't wait to pick it up this week!
Appreciate 0