ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Z4 DIY (Do It Yourself) Articles
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-08-2016, 10:48 AM   #1
Csa225
Rep
Drives: 07 M Coupe

Question about water/meth installation

Hey I was hoping someone who is running water/meth with one of the s/c kits can help me out. I have the Snow Performance stage 2 progressive kit which states...
"The reservoir should be installed above the pump, but below the nozzle. This keeps the pump primed and avoids fluid leaking into the nozzle when not using."

My issue with this is that the nozzle is supposed to be installed directly after the intercooler (furthest point away from intake manifold as possible but after the intercooler) Problem is that this is literally the lowest possible location and there is no way to mount the reservoir below it.

Where has anyone mounted their equipment? I appreciate anybody chiming in to lend advice.
Cheers, Corey
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 03:52 PM   #2
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

You could run a fluid tube line from the nozzle to the charge pipe to enable you to raise the height of the nozzle. I'm not too familiar with water/meth - do you know specifically when you will be using it? Could you place a solenoid valve just upstream from the nozzle and open the valve at the press of the button only when you power the pump? That's what I would do rather than relying on gravity to keep the water/meth out of the nozzle when the pump is off.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 04:54 PM   #3
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

I think it is worth a call to Snow about it.

My concern would be if the WM was flowing away from the nozzle and you were losing prime in the line. A check valve would solve that of course.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 06:44 PM   #4
Csa225
Rep
Drives: 07 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn_ View Post
You could run a fluid tube line from the nozzle to the charge pipe to enable you to raise the height of the nozzle. I'm not too familiar with water/meth - do you know specifically when you will be using it? Could you place a solenoid valve just upstream from the nozzle and open the valve at the press of the button only when you power the pump? That's what I would do rather than relying on gravity to keep the water/meth out of the nozzle when the pump is off.
Thanks, a solenoid is definitely an option as the 2 stage systems (dual nozzles) use a solenoid. The way mine will be set up is... Use a T connector off the boost gauge line and run an additional line to the water meth gauge/controller. Program it to begin spraying specific amount at 4psi and increase amount all the way to 8psi. I can turn system on or off any time and run it only when needed.

I'll play it safe and call snow performance either way. If it's safe to tap into the piping a little closer to the manifold I will be fine. Don't see why it wouldn't as I'm sure some cars have very short amounts of piping to work with.

If all works like it's supposed to I'll be pushing 500 to the wheels. The power difference from summer temps to winter temps is insane. Knocking the air temps down another 70 degrees or so has me excited. Kits are also compared to running 110+ octane fuel!
Appreciate 0