ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-04-2023, 12:28 PM   #1
DiscoJax
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 3.0i

Low Speed Clicking Noise Help

2005 Z4 with manual transmission. Clutch, flywheel and throwout bearing were replaced about a year ago with a lightweight flywheel and clutchmaster fx250. A few months ago, I started hearing a clicking noise like the sound of playing cards going through bicycle spokes. It only happens when the car is moving forward and the clutch is engaged. It is not the typical flywheel chatter.

If you push in the clutch pedal ever so slightly, the noise stops. I originally thought the throwout bearing was going bad until I realized just resting my foot on the clutch pedal was enough to make the noise subside.

Its almost like the pedal is going too far back and is somehow causing an issue.

Ive searched everywhere and can't seem to find anyone else describing the issue. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 06:37 PM   #2
DiscoJax
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 3.0i

Throw out bearing is bad. Going to get a stouter one as the new one I added last year with the new clutch is already going bad.
Appreciate 0