ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #1
Dieter
http://www.dkclassifieds.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black Sapphire Z4M

n

nn

Last edited by Dieter; 08-14-2010 at 09:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
218dhb
Head in Th Sky!
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si Roadster

not sure why we don't see them more but i think its the best looking wheels ever to come out on the Z4 including the M..can't wait till summer so mine come back with the summer tires on!

i don't see why they won't fit an M car..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 09:18 AM   #3
Dieter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 218dhb View Post
not sure why we don't see them more but i think its the best looking wheels ever to come out on the Z4 including the M..can't wait till summer so mine come back with the summer tires on!

i don't see why they won't fit an M car..
I was not sure if they would fit. Im going to buy myself a Set of those, BMW ask $ 504.00 for 1 Wheel, but I found them online for below $ 300.00 per Rimm !!, I really like them.

dieter

Last edited by Dieter; 02-15-2009 at 09:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
nickpapa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0

they will technically fit but the offset is too high for an M and it will look like the wheels are too far in and not filling up the wheel well like the stock wheels do (kinda like a roller skate look).

from my understanding, people do not go for these as they very often have issues with the finish peeling
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #5
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Personally I think the 107 or 202 are the coolest wheels for a Z4. Neither of which have the bolts. You must like the 2 piece look? I actually like the wheel BMW chose for the Z4 M as OEM and will probably buy a newish used set w/tires just to have another set on hand in case I kerb one. I'd rather put money in better brakes than upgrade the wheels to something the car deserves. And the only wheels I'd ever consider buying are the LM/LM-R, RS-GT, or RG-R. Even the CH is a great budget wheel and they look great on Z4s.

I see a few Z4s time to time with the 108s. In Germany, you can order/buy the car with about any wheel you want...which is the way it should be.

BMW NA with its package pricing and "dealer installed" after-market shaft accessory business really chaps my ass.
Attached Images

02-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #6
Dieter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF4Rrider View Post
Personally I think the 107 or 202 are the coolest wheels for a Z4. Neither of which have the bolts. You must like the 2 piece look? I actually like the wheel BMW chose for the Z4 M as OEM and will probably buy a newish used set w/tires just to have another set on hand in case I kerb one. I'd rather put money in better brakes than upgrade the wheels to something the car deserves. And the only wheels I'd ever consider buying are the LM/LM-R, RS-GT, or RG-R. Even the CH is a great budget wheel and they look great on Z4s.

I see a few Z4s time to time with the 108s. In Germany, you can order/buy the car with about any wheel you want...which is the way it should be.

BMW NA with its package pricing and "dealer installed" after-market shaft accessory business really chaps my ass.
Well, I saw the 107 first time at BMW in a Magazine, and it looked nice.
I would put any nice wheel on it.if I could affort those prices some people ask for it.
Well for now I got my 18" RUFF wheels on it and it looks good. I put up some pictures, but my batterie on my cam went out, I will do it on monday
Appreciate 0