ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #23
ShakyDog
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i Alpine White/Red

I really do not think that the stock Xenons need to be brighter. I think the problem is that they are sitting so low that the light just can not get out far enough.

I thought about putting my 30" light bar from my RZR on the top of the windshield ... :-O

Steve
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 10:01 PM   #24
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakyDog View Post
I really do not think that the stock Xenons need to be brighter. I think the problem is that they are sitting so low that the light just can not get out far enough.
Steve
The low height does not help much, but I think it has more to do with the projector it self. My 1990 Corrado with 80/100W Halogen E-codes broadcast much further down the road then M Xenons on high beam with very similar heights off the ground. Like I said earlier, they should have used the center lights as a pencil beam for the highs instead of a dummy with weak angel eyes.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 10:34 PM   #25
m5m3mc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M-B C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
The low height does not help much, but I think it has more to do with the projector it self. My 1990 Corrado with 80/100W Halogen E-codes broadcast much further down the road then M Xenons on high beam with very similar heights off the ground. Like I said earlier, they should have used the center lights as a pencil beam for the highs instead of a dummy with weak angel eyes.
Agreed. I just went out to the garage to measure the bulb heights. The C63 (now lowered 1" less than stock) is only 1/4" higher than the MC.
Appreciate 0