ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #23
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueller944s2 View Post
Oh definitely, just my opinion though. But my car has been race tuned so the power output is close to the Turbo S, took a 951 up to 130+ the other day. But I'm saying for a daily driver I know the 2.5i kills me for any period of time, wouldn't the M be a harder ride?
Apples and oranges.
No offense to the 2.5 motor, but really a comparo to the M which lets keep on topic, is the car the OP is deciding to buy. Not the 2.5, not the 3.0si. And that is just taking into consideration the engine alone. You also have all the suspension and other parts exclusive to only the M. So your comparo is pretty moot.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #24
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #25
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueller944s2 View Post
Oh definitely, just my opinion though. But my car has been race tuned so the power output is close to the Turbo S, took a 951 up to 130+ the other day. But I'm saying for a daily driver I know the 2.5i kills me for any period of time, wouldn't the M be a harder ride?
It depends. The M uses regular tires while the 2.5 has run flats which ride harder(some who have gone from an sport package si to an M say the M rides similarly). As others have said this thread asked about the M version which is really in a class by itself against other Z4's with its brakes, suspension and S54 motor. Your 944S2 sounds like a cool one. With its light weight I am sure it moves well
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #26
Mueller944s2
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '90 Porsche 941, Z4 Roadster

Ahh I gotcha, I've been meaning to replace those stupid tires! The car is my moms, I picked it out for her but since I did I get to maintain it (thank you ship killer for your instructions!). Sorry for the dumb comments, I'm new to BMW, just found out about the si two weeks ago! Porsche's are my specialty so all these Beemer electronics are driving me nuts!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #27
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

There is no arguing with the attributes of the Z4M; its simply an awesome machine. You can't go wrong getting one.

But if you are not planning to track or modify the car, an SI may be a good fit too. The SI is a bit better on gas, and some maintenance items are less costly. Some folks say the SI feels quicker right off the line, owing to the fact that the engine makes high torque at low RPMs.

Here is my favorite SI review:

http://www.auto123.com/en/bmw/z4/200...00&artid=90628

Note the author's comments:

"I was absolutely elated burying my foot into the 3.0si. This engine pulls ferociously- especially on the highway where passing power is frankly startling."

"The exhaust note when the engine revolutions above 4,500 rpm will make your spine shiver"

Good luck!!!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #28
Denton
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11.5 328xiT/6 - '99 M3/2/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1love View Post
I used to buy/sell cars every 6 months until recently. The Z4M + cheap daily is a great combination you will love it. Even if you miss the comfort of the slk get a cheap reliable quiet daily driver and you are set.
Same here, but every year got a new car. Have a 3.0Si Coupe (wish I could spend for an M...) and a cheap Volvo wagon daily and love it.
Appreciate 0